Is this the Most Effective Solution to Botting/Cheating?

true, but not everyone will bother or remember to do it. This would also be easy to remove as an option at the kernel layer of any operating system, but it seems no OS wants to do this…

This is why the franchise is slammed with bots and other hacks.

Maybe inability to get rif of bots made D4 devs to concentrate of “friends ladders”. This is what they are going to implement in D4, though, perhaps, this won’t be the only type of ladder.

CPU, GPU, RAM, DDrive, MBoard, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Controller ban with adding this data to Global Hardware Ban Database for all games to use.

-)

1 Like

This also runs counter to the Bli$$ard fools who think they only care about money. If that were the case account bans for botting would happen all the time requiring more purchases.

Here’s something that pits me against hardware bans…

Mock eBay post:

Used GTX 1080ti… (priced competitively with other listings)

Description: excellent condition, well taken care of. Dust cleaned out on a regular basis, non-smoking environment, never used for crypto mining, glows in the dark, etc, etc.

(Really tiny font size) : this card has hardware bans on numerous games due to me being a compulsive cheater.

(Normal font size again) Happy bidding!!!

Edit: Do you think the cheater would actually post that the card was hardware banned? I don’t think so!

Well that just seems like it would keep out the rookies. You can change what hardware ID your PC reports and change them on the fly if needed

The main problem is the ban to begin with. Its almost impossible to tell who is cheating. And before anyone says anything about the time played. Since the my buddies and I have been doing 22 hour marathons. So play time will not work

I can entirely believe that you and your buddies played for 22 hours a day for a couple of days but there are accounts on the seasonal leaderboards that have this amount of average playtime for the entirety of the season, i.e. a month straight. That’s not something a single human can achieve as they need time to eat / drink / bathe / toilet breaks / work / study / talk to people and sleep so they’re either account sharing, botting, or both.

1 Like

You can eat/bath/sleep/bathroom (you use the bathroom more then twice a day?) in two hours. We will most likely be doing it for the whole time we are confined, mainly with ff7 just released. I have not slept more then 4 hours a day in over 25 years. (too much to do in the world and ill sleep when im dead)

As for also the people spending 22 hours a day on this are not having to worry about things like work. Most of my team have not worked in years. Either they made their money early and now have nothing better to do, retired from working or are on disability.

Account sharing, you might as well give up on the sharing accounts. It happens and there is nothing you can do about nor will blizzard as it happens alot in their new country of interest to them. Chinese families tend to share one across the full number of available users. Now with D3 being a legacy game it does them more good to let them do it. Its just good business.

Sleeping for under two hours a day has some really bad health implications…
https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/sleep-and-mental-health

And your point? Everything is dangerous for your health. We breath air that is filled with pollutants, Half the things you eat end up killing you in one way or another. We enjoy staring at a screen that is bad for our eyes. Live everyday like your last, you never know when it will be.

It all really comes down to two things. Goals and Drive.

Don’t forget about California… Everything is a known cause of cancer there.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-and-tiredness/why-lack-of-sleep-is-bad-for-your-health/

Prolonged lack of sleep can disrupt your immune system, so you’re less able to fend off bugs.

Studies have shown that people who sleep less than 7 hours a day tend to gain more weight and have a higher risk of becoming obese than those who get 7 hours of slumber.

Given that a single sleepless night can make you irritable and moody the following day, it’s not surprising that chronic sleep debt may lead to long-term mood disorders like depression and anxiety.

Studies have suggested that people who usually sleep less than 5 hours a night have an increased risk of developing diabetes.

Men and women who don’t get enough quality sleep have lower libidos and less of an interest in sex, research suggests.

Long-standing sleep deprivation seems to be associated with increased heart rate, an increase in blood pressure and higher levels of certain chemicals linked with inflammation, which may put extra strain on your heart.

It sure sounds like that last day will be a lot sooner if you don’t get a proper night’s sleep.

To be fair while there are plenty of health problems that come out of sleep deprivation, the original point was that it’s “not something a single human can achieve”.

Which they clearly can. Sure they sacrifice their health, but they physically can do it and people do actually do it.

I do think the best way to combat botting is to use machine learning to monitor the wealth of data Blizzard gets from us playing the game, but it’s not as simple as “ban everybody who plays 22+ hours a day, they can’t be legit”.

Given that amount of data collected though, I’m confident there are patterns that they could use to flag accounts for further investigation.

You must be a mutant. :slight_smile: I have to have at least 5 hours or I’m a zombie all day.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/gene-identified-people-who-need-little-sleep

It was a matter of need. Sleep is not an option when both you and your gf are going to school full time, working 50+ hours and have new born twin sons. You learn to not need sleep.

It’s really not.

I’m not about to tell you how to live your life, but you do not know better than the experts who have spent their entire life dedicated to understanding these things.

Unless you want to start handing out your credentials that make you such an expert on this subject.

Not every doctor is part of a 100% for profit healthcare system that only cares about milking people for money.

They did a study on .000001% of the population.

As for my credentials. I have the only ones that matter. A full life living in my body and learning how my body works. I have not been sick (not even a cold) in over a decade. Also I’m not paying $1000 for a doctor to tell me I have a cold. Those are all that matters when it comes to my life.

Sure you keep thinking that. People used to live to over 100. Now this next generation is dying in their 60’s. But ok.

Look get all the sleep you think you need. There are just some that dont need it.

Can some people thrive on only 4 hours of sleep every single night? It’s rare, but neuroscientist Dr. Ying-Hui Fu says it can happen.

" Fu is a neurology professor at the University of California, San Francisco. In her own words, during a [recent Reddit AMA] she said the importance of sleep is secondary only to water and air. Her belief in the importance of sleep has led Fu to devote over 20 years to researching sleep and genetics.

During her studies at UCSF, Fu discovered what she terms “short-sleepers” — people who naturally wake up after only 4 to 6 hours of sleep and have enough energy to carry them throughout the day. Such sleep patterns aren’t normal — and Fu wanted to learn why the rules seemed to not apply to a handful of people."

I think what got this thread off the rails is this statement right here. Lets be honest, two hours is not enough time to do all of those things.

1 Like

Bathroom takes what 30 seconds at most Depending of course but even at bad times. Bathroom is like 5 mintues, Showering takes 10, eating takes 20, that leaves over an hour to power nap. Then up and back at it. Do you have no drive? Ever work a job where you work for 72 hours straight? It sounds like you havent. Should try out a crab boat for a season lol. You will learn the lack of sleep. But when you are making a years salary in 6 weeks. Sleep can wait.

“But I’ve smoked all my life and never gotten lung cancer, people saying smoking is bad are all BS!”.

That’s the logic you’re using right now.

I also don’t pay $1000 for a doctor to tell me I have a cold.

I’m also not telling you to sleep more than you think you need.

I’m just telling you that it’s beyond ignorant to think you know better than the experts to claim “it’s all a bunch of BS because I didn’t get sick”.

I still drink even though it’s bad for me. I’m just not about to go around saying that because nothing bad has happened everybody going on about the health risks is just out for a quick buck.

4-6 is a lot different from the 2 you were originally claiming(less if you include everything not-gaming you need to do while awake).

As for your being fine on just a power nap, you’ll forgive me if I don’t take your source of “dude, trust me”.