Does "Enforcer" benefit necro pets?

Curious, I’ve been reading up on MaxRoll’s guide on BoneSpear but the Enforcer is not in the gear…

Why?

And what of Skeletal mage, Revive, Golem and Skeletons?

1 Like

BoneSpear Masquerade of the Burning Carnival build dont have pets? Can you share your build link please? Did you make a hybrid build? I try to look your profile but page gives me “Profile Unavailable” error.

link:Maxroll.gg if that was not clear the first time.

Simulacrums (used in MotBC Bone Spear) are not pets. They don’t benefit from Enforcer.

2 Likes

Skellies, revives, mages and golem are all pets. However, the pet build for necro is essentially the rathma set, in which the pets themselves don’t actually do meaningful damage, so enforcer gem is pointless.

Geez. Another thread, same thing. Simulacrum does work with Enforcer unless sources are wrong and haven’t been updated.

diablo. fandom. com/wiki/Pet?so=search

I’m guessing what’s happening is Sim is oftentimes referred to as a “minion” which causes confusion? Regardless, people are taking Zei’s over Enforcer for Necros utilizing Sim mostly because of the chance to proc Krysbin.

1 Like

The reason you don’t see enforcer on bone spear builds is that it doesn’t buff the simulacrums damage. It has zero effect offensively. Defensively I am unsure if it applies the 90% damage reduction buff, but either way, it is meaningless to discuss since the set itself doesn’t allow simulacrums to take any damage. Simulacrums are not recognized as pets by the game’s code. And having them also doesn’t affect the standalone passive. It works at 100%. You can test that easily, by looking at your sheet and see the armor get doubled whether simulacrums are there or not.

Stand Alone is reduced for each Minion; if Sim doesn’t affect Stand Alone, it only backs up sources listing it specifically as a Pet… if I’m not mistaken, Minions are Pets too but not vice versa.

If Enforcer does help keep Sims alive (non-Masquerade) but doesn’t buff damage then maybe it’s buggy. Either way it’s insignificant to other gems just on paper.

Thing is, everyone on here is claiming Sim isn’t a Pet when everything points toward it being one, including sources.