Does anyone here think d3 was a better game then d2?

I’m not even talking about that stuff. Just basic movement and fluidity of combat in D3, IMO has yet to be surpassed by any other ARPG.

D4, looks just as fluid as D3. The D2R footage still looks sluggish and a bit janky to me. But then that’s because it’s the old game with a 3D veneer over it.

This isn’t about speed though. Early D3 gameplay can be slow as a snail. Yet it still buttery smooth.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Diablo since D1 was released (I’m old), and I played D2 on-and-off for about 10 years. D3 hasnt captivated me as much - I will typically only play for a couple months at a time every season/every other season - but I do think D3 is ‘better’: it’s an absolutely beautiful game to play.

If I ever feel the itch to play in the Diablo world now, I would rather play D3 over D2, 100% of the time.

I know I’m in the minority here, but I wont be playing D4 - I think it looks ugly compared to D3, I’ve never liked online only, and I really dont liked the shared world aspect of D4. I like being the only hero in Sanctuary… I dont even want to see another play in passing.

What I was really hoping for from Blizzcon is a D3 offline patch announcement… as much as I dislike consoles, I’m thinking of getting a Nintendo Switch just so I can always scratch my Diablo itch when the need arises.

1 Like

absolutely not. diablo 2 is better imo

1 Like

Well after yesterday’s announcement, I think it’s safe to say I’ll relapse LOL

1 Like

In their current states, yes, but it’s more about QOL improvements than the games themselves as they’re very different when really examined. D2 is an extension of D1 and is very much a real-time roguelike, and D3 is much more an arpg. There’s a lot of overlap, of course.

Smart loot and an action bar really could put D2 on an even level, but that’s not in the plans. I would certainly expect to see mods that do that, however.

I play D3 pretty hard only a couple times a month now, but I haven’t felt the need to go back to D2 in years. I dabbled with POE for a couple months, and I’m looking forward to POE2 mostly because of the QOL changes, but I’m pretty much past the point where I really, REALLY enjoy the slow slog of D1~2 style gaming. It’s possible an excellent game could come along and make a fan of me, but the fluidity and sense of speed playing D3 work better for me.

I do miss the feeling that deaths were actually something I could have avoided if I’d played better, rather than fairly random occurrences where I get two-shotted by something I could barely see under all of the spell effects, but that’s more of a balancing and design issue than anything inherent to the genre designs.

(Although this board seems to have calmed over the last few years, in my defense, I have been playing Diablo regularly since the first game, and we are all entitled to our opinions.)

1 Like

d3 is smoother and better looking but it’s end game is nothing compared to d2’s. in d3 all i do is spam GRs, t18s, and the occasional bounty. in d2 i can farm anywhere i want, in groups or solo it doesn’t matter. plus the gearing system in d2 is way better imo, way more engaging over all but that’s just me.

1 Like

Nothing can compare. D2 > D3 !!

2 Likes

lol, d2 end game was pvp. if u r doing it for just running around doing baal and for item. u r playing it wrong, that is why u dont find end game cause u never really even play end game of d2.

Both are good, but after 100,000 baal runs I got bored and focused only on PVP. So, for me D2 is the best for PVP and D3 for PVM

They are two different game expereince you can’t compare the two to eachother.

4 Likes

True but you still can think one was better, or have a better experience with one over the other. WoW and Superman 64 are clearly different games with different experiences, shouldn’t be compared with each other, but I think everyone can objectively say WoW is a better game.

To each its own. Some liked D2 because it was harder compared to D3, and some liked D3 because it was not that hard. There are different mechanics in each game. Different graphics, atmosphere. And i am not compareing two totaly different games, they are the same arpg, same universe. But different aproach to skills, items, grind, etc. Some thins were better in D2 and some in D3. So this is a stupid debate.

1 Like

IMO D3’s Name should be changed to Rift Runner 3000
and
Diablo 4 be named Diablo 3.
Explain that Diablo 3 is some weird alternate universe/timeline…because if you played Diablo and Diablo II…it is some weird different style of game.

3 Likes

Personally I thought vD3 was harder than D2 and obviously the artificial number inflation difficulty increases makes it much more difficult than anything in D2. I think complexity is the reason.

Then D2 should be changed to Baal Runner 6000.

4 Likes

Well when i start a character in D2 in normal it’s fairly difficult. In D3 start on expert becouse normal and hard is no challenge.

except for you can farm cows, farm for socketed items for rune words, farm etherals, farm specific places for certain loot, gear up for pvp. you could farm runes/hellforge quests, meph runs, chaos runs, neph runs, countess/pit runs etc. There was so much more than just endless baal runs and thats it.

now what’s d3 offer besides endless grifts?

2 Likes

I do not know what percent of D3 players insta-quit but to claim it is 90%+ misses the mark.

Donyou have a source other than where the sun doesn’t shine? Because I’m pretty sure what you said is incorrect. But it would apt for a troll to just make up stuff when trolling correct?

1 Like

no need for a source, i’ve put facts infront of people like you before and you’re indenial, there’s no hope. You guys think 30m sales = 30m current players when this was the first ever game they had to hide their ‘online player count’ because it was so embrassing how fast it was dwindling in the first 4 months. That’s fact and i can bring 10 more to you but as long as there’s 100 players online, you will scream d3 is a success, despite d2 being far more alive, 21 years old which is just embarassing.

there’s no helping people like you, aint gonna waste my time.

3 Likes