Does anyone here think d3 was a better game then d2?

IMO D3’s Name should be changed to Rift Runner 3000
and
Diablo 4 be named Diablo 3.
Explain that Diablo 3 is some weird alternate universe/timeline…because if you played Diablo and Diablo II…it is some weird different style of game.

3 Likes

Personally I thought vD3 was harder than D2 and obviously the artificial number inflation difficulty increases makes it much more difficult than anything in D2. I think complexity is the reason.

Then D2 should be changed to Baal Runner 6000.

4 Likes

Well when i start a character in D2 in normal it’s fairly difficult. In D3 start on expert becouse normal and hard is no challenge.

except for you can farm cows, farm for socketed items for rune words, farm etherals, farm specific places for certain loot, gear up for pvp. you could farm runes/hellforge quests, meph runs, chaos runs, neph runs, countess/pit runs etc. There was so much more than just endless baal runs and thats it.

now what’s d3 offer besides endless grifts?

2 Likes

I do not know what percent of D3 players insta-quit but to claim it is 90%+ misses the mark.

Donyou have a source other than where the sun doesn’t shine? Because I’m pretty sure what you said is incorrect. But it would apt for a troll to just make up stuff when trolling correct?

1 Like

no need for a source, i’ve put facts infront of people like you before and you’re indenial, there’s no hope. You guys think 30m sales = 30m current players when this was the first ever game they had to hide their ‘online player count’ because it was so embrassing how fast it was dwindling in the first 4 months. That’s fact and i can bring 10 more to you but as long as there’s 100 players online, you will scream d3 is a success, despite d2 being far more alive, 21 years old which is just embarassing.

there’s no helping people like you, aint gonna waste my time.

3 Likes

False figures are also garbage. Wonder where you pulled these from?

1 Like

keep dribbling derpers, no wonder you love d3 so much looool. anyways, not wasting more time with braindeads here, you carry on playing this amazing game many years into the future :slight_smile: lets see how alive it is in 2033, 21 years after it’s release.

2 Likes

I stopped playing actually. I think i played it enough. I do know i had more fun in D1 than any of the series though (took me ages to get over the rocks and even longer to find Diablo’s lair). D4 looks better than all though.

1 Like

Please cite you source that 90% instaquit or your claims are meaningless.

D3 has better combat for sure. ARPGs are about the loot hunt and D3 gets it REALLY, REALLY wrong I’m afraid. There are things they could do to improve it, but they simply don’t have the resources for it.

Haedrig’s gift is really a bad idea although the true diehards will still get their sets super fast anyway based on how it all drops like candy.

A SSF ladder with no haedrigs or challenge rift chests as well as drastically reduced drop rates could provide more longevity imo. It would improve the gearing up curve rather than just endlessly farming for the gear you have in ancient/primal form.

1 Like

D3 was best at the start it HAD the best combat out of all. Now you plow through mobs like they are nothing. I liked D2 for items and itemisation with the cube, although gems and enchanting was good in D3. For originality it’s obviously D1. How you had to actually pull mobs back and creep through places was awesome. And gear was cool.

Yeah, agreed. It was good and challenging.
Now it is just bad.

And sure, lots of other things in vanilla D3 was terrible, like itemization and progression balance, but basic combat was pretty good.

Haedrig’s gift is good for what its intention was. An easily acquired set to try out new builds. I think too often people try to critique D3 under the guise that it’s supposed to work like D2.

As someone pointed out earlier, they are in the same genre but they are completely different games. If you take the systems as they were designed for D3, they work and work well. However, if you apply these systems to a game like D2, they just won’t work.

I wouldn’t say it’s bad it’s just not as challenging as people make out anymore. When gear is hard to get (not quite as hard as vanilla xD), there’s more to do than GR’s, levelling is slow paced and you don’t find yourself doing the same thing over and over it’s like gravy. Also trading needs to be there to stay. End game is the make or fall… DLC needs to be more of everything when it comes and not just 1 thing. If someone plays it and stops, they want to come back to mainly new content not just gear. Doesn’t need to be more levels as such but if there are then we don’t need upgraded gear to the extents in D3 (100000%)

Let’s see:

• Running Act 1 Bounty for Khanduran Rune

• Running Act 2 Bounty for Caldeum Nightshade

• Running Act 3 Bounty for Arreat War Tapestry

• Running Act 4 Bounty for Corrupted Angel Flesh

• Running Act 5 Bounty for Westmarch Holy Water

• Leveling multiple legendary gems for your characters.

• Augmenting your Ancient/Primal Gear.

• Extracting Legendary Powers.

• Farming Ramaladni’s Gift

• Running Nephalem Rift for GR keystones and Death Breathe.

• Paragon Levelling

• Forgotten Souls Farming

• Running Vault for golds and marquise gems.

• Completing Seasonal Conquests

• Pushing Leaderboard or your character to his limit.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hahahaha sorry man but this is so funny.
All these things you can achieve by Going into the Rift or into Gr’s!
To compare this to farming in Diablo 2 is laughable at most.
The determination you displayed to make D3 sound like its more than just Rifts is great! good job :‘’'D
Real MVP :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s all just farming. Trying to say it’s any different or better one way or the other is really disingenuous on both sides. Both have practically no actual endgame. I don’t consider farming for gear endgame as that is not any specific content just battling RNG.

Uber’s and PvP for D2, Ubers and GR climbing for D3. That’s it. Every thing else is just farming.