Does anyone actually have any hope for Diablo 4?

I have no hope for anything we might die by tomorrow of a heat attack who knows.

1 Like

I grew up on the early Doom games, Duke3D, Diablo, Command & Conquer and the likes. When D2 came around, and then D2: LoD, it was X-Mas year round.

Though D2: LoD is without a doubt a great game, there are aspects of it that annoys me to this very day, such as the way healing potions worked; spam to live cheat belt! I’d love to see a remastered edition, but with it comes the old issues as well, so–ideally–I’d like to see a D4 that builds on the good of D2 and does away with the bad/outdated. That said, I have been whining for a D2 remake/remaster since the D3 launch version made me crack grownup man-tears out my face. The bar is set so stupidly high for D4, it’s hard to imagine Blizzard pulling it off.

I agree there are aspects of Diablo 2 that just haven’t aged well. While StarCraft Remastered was an easy copy paste into HD, I hear Warcraft 3 Reforged had to make plenty of little changes to make it more playable. So, I would expect a Diablo 2 remake to do the same. Take an extra year to, for example, fix the health potion spam problem. They could take a 5 minute peek at games like Torchlight 2 for example.

For me, I agree with you mostly, I don’t have much faith in Blizzard right now when it comes to decision making and creativity and anything other than child friendly cheap fantasy. I just have more hope in a Diablo 2 remake than a new Diablo 4. I look at the success of DOOM as an example, and ask, could Blizzard pull this off, and reignite Diablo? HA (that’s a sad laugh honestly), no Blizzard can not. (I’d love to be proved wrong)

I think they might be too afraid to even touch a delicate hair on D2’s glorious scalp. If they did, many a millennial would have a conniption and write “strongly worded” forum posts for another decade. :smiley:

It’s pretty cold now, but in the summer - who knows?

Don’t let Greta Doomberg frighten you! There’s still time! :smiley:

2 Likes

I did not get what I want, NOW EVERYTHING WILL BE BAD…

Seriously, I just do not understand that mentality at all!

I know right? Even when political leaders do like one or a dozen bad things, people sometimes get violent and revolt. Why? What’s with this negative mentality? It doesn’t mean they’re no longer reliable, because pretty much all not getting what you want situations are the same, and things will always just get better without any criticism needed.

2 Likes

Well I have hopes for Diablo 4, whenever it may come out, in that it restores the true feel of the Diablo franchise that Blizzard North created. I don’t believe we’ll see a game without Always-on DRM, as it’s pretty standard now a days so that would be a pretty slim expectation. As long as the new game takes a little from D2 and a little from D3, I’ll be a happy man.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s more like this. Diablo Immortal has no single player mode, I only ever want to play on single player mode, therefore I have no interest in playing Diablo Immortal. If Diablo 4 doesn’t have a single player mode, I won’t be interested in that either.

If they do not make it so it is re-playable like Path of Exile with many ways to build your character, regular content releases supporting replay-ability then maybe.

Otherwise, the typical D3 model, here is your class, five abilities and go grind gear in greater rifts will kill the game right out of the box.

@ OP

At this point, I expect nothing from Blizzcon when it comes to Diablo. It would be pleasant if they prove me wrong, but I’m not counting on it.

2 Likes

After reading the Reddit leak… I kind of do. They better have more than 3 classes at launch though. I also need to see the monetization model and some gameplay.

1 Like

Too many dogs and cats in the neighborhood. Can confirm, the danger of dying of a heat attack is real.

Also

mov al, 4c00h
int 10h

1 Like

It better have an AH, able to dupe items, be online only, have more butterfly people, bad storytelling, and bright vibrant graphics, or else I’m not buying.

Oh, I’m thankful. The faith is real.

I don’t understand why they moved Blizzcon from August to November. Blizzcon 2007 was in late August… great time of the year, everyone in high spirits. Why they moved it to November when the weather turns sour is beyond me.

whoosh

Yes, I have.

However I am not thinking about it much.
The more you think about it, the more unbearable the wait. And even if they do good announcement, one would have to wait probably 1 more year…
And good announcement are not a given, even if odds are good, me think.

Thanks fully lot of new game to keep us busy! :slight_smile:
Borderlands 3, Greedfall, Dark Messiah, The Outerworld, Jedi Fallen Order

However Blizzard game has a tremendous social pull with BattleNet, i.e. only in Blizzard’s game do I successfully group up with random and enjoy public game…
So I do hope for new Blizzard game more than other…

I read the Reddit leak and I have less faith. Three classes and no mention of single-player mode. Last year’s panel was Wyatt Chang talking about people wanting to play Diablo with other people and Diablo Immortal has no single-player mode, it’s all instance dungeons needing 4 people. It’s wouldn’t surprise me if Activision is trying to force people to only be able to play Diablo in groups.