Does anyone actually have any hope for Diablo 4?

Having seen the announcement stuff, I’m not even a smidge closer to having hope for this game. It’s nice to see that they’ve gone with the darker theme and some throwbacks to D2 (campfire), but what’s gonna make or break D4 is all in the details–the game mechanics. Even if it turns out beautiful, with a great soundtrack and plays as smooth as butter, I believe Actiblizz will find more than one exciting way to ruin the experience. Fingers crossed that I’m wrong!

1 Like

I was skeptical, but I am pleasantly surprised so far.

Good graphics.
More character customization in terms of appearances.
Sorceress is not wearing stiletto heels, and instead is wearing lether boots.
Skill levels, talent trees.
The items don’t seem to have crazy stats.
Sets will not be as prevalent.
Trading.
Some PvP system.

So far things seem solid, I hope they keep this up and don’t ruin what seems to be really good start.

1 Like

That was the very problem with Diablo 3. Instead of building on the pillars on Diablo, and Diablo 2. Also, how can you trust Blizzard with the series when its not the same people at all.

Its a simply wish for any true fan: “BUILD ON THE SERIES”. Don’t do whatever you want with it.

Diablo 4 is just building on Diablo 3, probably literally cause it looks like a freaking reskin. Diablo 3 wasn’t a good game, but as its own game it was… OK with friends (like all the mediocre games).

The game is already NOT “PC FIRST”. Its coming to consoles: PS4 and Xbox. They were average for hardware on day 1, next gen is a year away. This means they will yet again be limiting gameplay. This is probably why it looks (and probably is) a Diablo 3 reskin. You know, cause they got to save money after wasting it, scrambling for a Diablo 4 game, and having to start making more money. Activision has cracked the whip on them, they are clearly bleeding money (so long, heroes of the crap, from esports).

Hope?, That Angel left Blizzard years ago, they were bleeding her dry.

2 Likes

I have seen what they call Diablo 4 and all I remember is Diablo 3.

No hope. No hope at all.

no.

20 character req

1 Like

Yes guys , i agree with u all … they killed us with D3 …i mean (i m french sorry for my english) always know what kind of game D3 should be … but they decided to do poor graphik like cell_shading … u know i was rly sad at the beginning of D3 but they was the HYPE … But too much updapte and a refont of all legendary ??? !!! (did i did scam???^^) that was enough for me after some udpate i leaved the game cuz he was too poor and always farming for some power but nothing rly important like D2 or POE where we farm for a specific build … this is the way all hardcore player want to go and casual will follow like a bitc h we want a 10 euro of weed dude… that’s life #blizzard listen hardcore player no more.

Blizzard has delivered with every version of Diablo so far, so I fail to see why Diablo 4 would be any different. I started with Diablo 1 back in the day, Diablo 2 was by far and large the greatest incarnation, Diablo 3 was very enjoyable (4300 hours on my account) so I have high hopes for Diablo 4.

Yes, excited for this game.

I am really excited for D4, I’m just hoping it will truly be as much fun for solo players. I’ve got the D3 game for pc, PS4, and Switch. As long as I can have fun, find loot at a reasonable period of playing- all solo- I’ll be happy.

Yes, it is a god thing. Stiletto heels are not fit for running and combat.
I like these details in D4.

Do you need a woman to wear high, stiletto heels in order to recognize her feminine features? If a woman doesn’t ware high heels, she’s transgender?
What are you talking about?

Was sorceress from D2 appeal to transgeders?!

I’m starting to think we don’t “bark” the same way.

It doesn’t add sophistication. It breaks immersion.

Women weren’t wearing high heels in medieval times. Even if high heels existed, women wouldn’t be wearing them for combat and running.

Can you imagine running on high heels through the mountains, or ona muddy, unpaved road? You fall flat on your face, and the smallest of demons murder you.

She doesn’t? Can you show a picture of what you’re talking about?

Or maybe they wanted their characters to be flawed, ugly and look tortured?

IMO the D4 sorceress reminds me a lot of the D2 sorceress. Was the D2 sorceress looking like a man, not having feminine traits?

Personally, I don’t think they can do it properly, but hope I am wrong.

You’re just trolling me at this point.

Even in a dark phantasy like Diablo, women wouldn’t be wearing high heels, especially not for combat. It doesn’t matter if magic exists or not. Logic is logic and has nothing to do with “subjectivity” or whatever.

D2 sorceress didn’t ware high heels. Hell, even Assasin’s boots weren’t stilettos, even though they had somewhat higher heel than regular boots.

D1 and D2’s female cloathing style IMO was largely inspired by the show Xena: Warrior Princess.
xxhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112230/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Feel free to go there and check some of the photos from throguhout the seasons.
The D1 Rogue and D2 Soreceress were heavily inspired from it, as these were outfit the characger of Gabrielle was wearing.

Hell, even the Monk’s from D3 were literally copy pasted from there, even some of the cloathing of the female barb in D3.
Here are few examples, so you don’t think I’m making stuff up on the spot.

Female Monk
xxhttps://i.imgur.com/ysN8BFJ.jpg
Male Monk
xxhttps://i.imgur.com/pu9FtoP.jpg
Female Barb:
xxhttps://i.imgur.com/neezC9S.jpg

As to whether those were provocative, I guess it’s open to debate. For back in the 90s they were fine, at least to me anyways.

Am I to understand, that you want cloathing in D4 to be more along the lines of that from the Xena show?

Whatever the characters look like now, D4 is an entirely different animal. It’s looking more like Marvel Heroes than anything we were expecting. It could be good, it could be bad. It all depends on the little things, like gearing, drop rates, balance, endgame build variety, etc.

What eventually ruined D3 for me was how sets/bonuses bottlenecked the game, the constant balance jojo, certain classes/builds/skills never getting any attention (WW Barb), etc. I really hope D4 won’t go the same direction, but I know ActiBlizz just can’t help themselves. They’ll cater to the 1% and the whiners and the trolls, forgetting that happy players don’t frequent forums that much.

EDIT: Not to mention the potential money milking aspect.

Time will tell. :expressionless:

Well now, after all I’ve seen I have more hope. Maybe I shouldn’t get my hopes up too quickly, but so far so good. Blizzard looked nervous and beaten down. Like they’re coming out of the doghouse ready to behave. Which gives me hope. All they need to do is separate the immature criticism from the dedicated fan and genuine constructive criticism. They need to learn how to listen to the right fans. Because if they deliver what and how they delivered with StarCraft Brood War and Diablo 2, they will re-experience tremendous success.

1 Like

Yes there is hope. Honesty, I think they are off to a great start already. However, #WORLDOFDIABLO ftw. Needs to be more like WoW where killing bosses actually means something with boss mechanics and a need for social interaction. I am a huge D1 and D2 fan and it’s time for Diablo to upgrade to MMO style.

The thing I’m dreading the most is having to team up with people to get stuff done, and to get good gear. I don’t want to see Diablo turn into WoW, where I have to join a guild and go raiding in order to get top tier gear. That flies right in the face of everything Diablo is.

Yea. This pretty much is it.

I don’t have much faith. I dont like the mmo lite aspects.I should be able to do everything solo myself like every other diablo game. A dumbed down skill/attribute system seems to be where they are headed and the awful d3 loot system seems to be what theyre going for. I hope I’m wrong but I dont see D4 being very good.

2 Likes

Sorry I disagree entirely. One of the main problems with Diablo 3 was that it was far too much like WoW, at least aesthetically and in style. No, I think the Diablo series needs to remain a dungeon crawler, party-style multiplayer not MMO, ARPG, and stay as far away from WoW as possible.

I’m not interested in an MMO Diablo. I like playing Diablo 2 and 3, Path of Exile, and Torchlight 2 with only a select few of my friends, as a party. I’m open to some mechanic allowing me to party up with one or two other random people online. But most of my play will be solo or with my girlfriend or a friend.

I am holding D4 until Blizzard can prove the current develop team is capable of handling correct gameplay and that the dev teams actually play their own designs. Its apparent D3 teams DO NOT understand the product they designed and does NOT actually play what they designed for. Its apparent that experiences players can lecture the current team of basic core D3 mechanics.

Until that faith is restored, Blizzard has temporarily lost my 23 yrs of support (since D1 from 1996 )for its future Diablo Installment (s).