Do you think your Rig could run D4 on max settings?

We’re in march tomorrow.
Anyone played it and can testify? Or is that also NDA?

Early access games should have system req. cmon don’t tell me there’s not enough money to hire someone to figure that out??

Minimum Requirements for PC*

Settings to run the Diablo IV Open Beta at 1080p native resolution / 720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30 fps.

• Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD FX-8100
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Connection

Recommended Specifications for PC

• Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 370
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Connection
2 Likes

Jeesh, those are some amazingly lax requirements.

So did you learn anything new about D4?

They updated the blog.

Stuff the open beta… i’m playing closed beta. I only want to play while real Diablo fans play.

Name me a Blizzard game that has ever pushed the edge of requirements?

2 Likes

Dragonflight has higher reqs lol.

There’s not pushing the reqs and then there’s running on a legit potato in this day and age.

not exactly a blizz game but d2r is quite heavy when all maxed. and too many things on screen…

thanks. i didn’t catch that.
but- recommended isn’t really maxed settings? i wonder what would that require?

I know that I am old will my rig run D4? I was in the closed beta, and it seemed to work, some of the areas on the map did not show up I was not sure if it was my rig or if it was on Blizzards side.

Intel(R) Core™ i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. Windows 10

If not what do I need to upgrade I will have the Geeks at Best Buy do it.

4k were tested on GTX 2070 i believe.

CPU is fine but you haven’t listed your graphics card. Also, do you have an SSD?

1 Like

One fairly important thing to note about the recommended specs is that… they were for 1080p, medium graphics, 60 fps.
Which is not what I would personally call recommended specs. You can always argue which resolution and framerate is acceptable, but recommended and medium does not go together.

Yeah and I wanted to upgrade my computer for D4 - What was I thinking!
Good way to give it it’s last mid life update, I guess, and get it ready if I ever get to a 4K native monitor.

I am not sure what I am doing is this it?

NVIDA GeForce GTX 1660

That may be one of the worst ideas I have seen on these forums and that’s saying something.

Yeah, that is fine for D4.

1 Like

Actually, it does. Recommended has been real minimum for very long time. That’s because on minimum specs your experience won’t be pleasant even if 60fps. Minimum specs = game barely runs.

45gigabytes LOL. Bad coding as usual.

High bitrate prerendered cutscenes take a lot of space.