Do not bend a knee to the rage mob

Casuals are flooding these forums believing they are entitled to changes.

Blizzard, do not give in to them. They are NOT the majority. Many of them are hype-train riders and will be gone as quickly as they came.

Designing this, you need to have your LONG-TERM audience as your highest priority. The people that will be here in another 10-20 years still doing MF runs, those are the people you should be keeping in mind.

49 Likes

What on earth makes you think that “casuals” are the rage mob here?
Did you even count the number of entitled and aggressive threads that have been opened already by your side of the arguments?

The argument here is reason vs rage, logic vs lazy.

Get some perspective, dude.

21 Likes

since the last 2 days ive seen you doing 200 posts at least, do you have a life bro?

4 Likes

Covid bro.

All purists do is insult and sulk, thats all I ever see there’s never any reason or logic, and I’m an unbiased poster, if someone says something that makes sense, I’ll throw them a heart. How many hearts do I get? I get 0 because you guys all have sticks up your a**es. Kind of ironic since most D2 players are over 30.

10 Likes

The argument against ffa loot is that it’s not a perfect system? That’s right, it isn’t perfect, it’s D2.

Purists are “entitled” because they want minimal changes? Yes, they are entitled to minimal changes because they paid money for a game that was sold as “Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

The argument that people advocating for major changes is essentially “I don’t really like Diablo 2.” It’s a Diablo 2 remaster dude, I don’t know why you expected something different.

7 Likes

Then let’s make a 1.14 server since it’s so great, and a 1.15r server. We already know which one will be flooded with more players as time goes on. The more relevant server.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, i was expecting you to add some more to your post. Sad to see that you left it in its current state.

Anyways, the answer is simple:
Activity != Rage

We are not arguing against ffa loot.
We are arguing for an option for ploot alongside with it.

No. They are entitled because they claim to do that but instead they are just blindly ignoring any argument that is given to them and instead rely on personal attacks and defamations such as calling the other side a “rage mob”.
A rage mob rarely comes and gives you arguments and tries to persuade you of an option. A rage mob is usually the faction with the torches that are not open for reason.

And all of that is still in there. As well as an option for those who payed the same money as you.
You are not arguing against losing something on your end. You are arguing against us getting something (without impacting you).

No it is not.
We all like diablo 2. We just know that we do not like one aspect of it the loot grabbing. We acknowledge that you like it. We want you to keep playing as you want. But we prefer to play with likeminded people who chose not to loot grab from one-another.

You will play FFA anyway. You will not be in our games. From your perspective you can just think of as a clan that has a loot regime and only plays private games.

Hate to break it to you. If all the casual gamers refunded D2R, there wouldn’t be enough revenue from the hard-core crowd to make a profit on the game. Stop making rage posts against people that want things like ultra-wide resolution, and some other opt-in quality of life enhancements.

5 Likes

They should probably focus on casuals now since they have changed so much already

Ladder items on non ladder
Auto gold
Shared stash
Gold is safe in shared stash
Cow king can be killed
No tcp lan
Character models not like original
Tabing items can be a toggle now
Eth bug fixed

Suprised any purists are around anymore
Seems vv is slowly changing many things, but you are in luck, you can still play the old version

I guess this remaster is a remake after all

3 Likes

There is a difference between being a casual player and being a selfish spawn that just want to change one of the best videogames of all time to fit their personal liking based in his ignorance, no matter the harm that change does to the game.

5 Likes

I guess my question to you then, am I considered selfish for wanting ultra-wide support and TCP/IP support, shared loot option(non ladder, even TCP/IP only)?

As far as you prefer to have those features working even if they are game breaking for the first one and a source of exploits that they couldnt fix for the second one:

Yes, you are.

1 Like

There is a difference between being a casual player and being a selfish spawn that just wants to never change one of the best videogames of all time to fit their personal liking based in his ignorance, no matter the harm that not changing things does to the game.

Yes the video game was good 21 years ago but a lot has changed in the world and people who were ignorant (myself included) when we were teens/preteens playing an online game in 2000 now realize that maybe some things need to change for the betterment of the masses. I didn’t think about people with differing abilities playing games as a kid, i didn’t realize how much worse the internet could be for some vs others when i was on dial-up, and i most certainly didn’t know how invasive hacks could be until i started playing d2. It was one of the first games i played almost entirely online and it opened me up to a lot of experiences but toxic online communities and unfair playing conditions don’t have to be nearly as much of a part of it if we don’t stick to doing things the way they used to be done because that’s how they were done.

I don’t see a problem with a game that lets ffa people play that way and let others play with personal loot.

All i see at the moment is a bunch of people who wont put in a ramp because stairs work just fine for them.

5 Likes

Actually, looking at the several large-response (as in over a few thousand) surveys over the past few months, more people want at least some changes than want the same game with better graphics.

2 Likes

You do have to understand that obviously do to these forums over the past week, people have no idea what the difference between a remaster and remake is. Oh well, they will learn

1 Like

including you because their is no set definition for either

2 Likes

The problem is what people say vs what they expect. I suspect we’re going to see quite a few posts here after launch complaining of bots and pro players causing havok in open games stealing loot and other such typical multiplayer nonsense.

Literally google “difference between a remaster and a remake”

Like lol. Remakes are when you change major game mechanics, not remasters. Especially games this old, a remaster insures it lives on. As of right now you can’t even run vanilla D2 on some modern machines without a patch at least

lol, this one is actually funny

1 Like

Just because the stars align for you doesn’t mean people cant offer their opinion on the product before release, during a period that’s labeled for product feedback. Maybe you should google that.

2 Likes