Did something change on the forum today?

Did the header at the top of the page change it is now listing all of the games? Or is my rig doing something it should not be doing? I do not really care for the new look. When I scroll down to read the bar does not go away.

9 Likes

It’s the same for me. Changed right in the middle of reading the PTR thread, just went from brown to blue. I hate that bar, been trying to find out how to get rid of it.

2 Likes

Thank you at least it is not my rig acting up. I do not care for it very annoying. It is the same on the D2R forum they are talking about it as well.

Not sure about the color, but the Forum title bar with my profile picture now “floats” near the top of the browser window and stays there, no matter how much I scroll or what page I look at.

lol

1 Like

Yeah it has a new layout

Looks :+1:

Yeah weird. Want’s me to down load Battle net…maybe a version update…

I find the bar pretty.

The top margin (empty space) is the only thing that I don’t like.

It lets the content of forums be displayed for 10 pixels on top over the bar and I find this behavior weird.

Because of this postionning, it looks like an advertising, which triggers warnings in my brain.

1 Like

Yeah, whole forum got a lift it seems.

Oh hell.

I just refreshed. NOW I see what you all are talking about. All I had going on was just the lower bar with the forum line. The whole game bar was not even showing. LOL

the two bars at the top take up too much space…

1 Like

Those annoying floating bars are part of a forum change across all the forums. :frowning:
Apparently it complies with something or other, but public feedback is pretty negative about it.

I dislike it quite a lot. Maybe it looks better on mobile, but I use a PC most of the time.

12 Likes

Hate the forum banner.

Going to use my ad blocker to hide that element, but then, I won’t be able to log out…

It should at least have the option to be minimized.

[Edit]

Ugg, now the banner is hidden but I notice the “Forum” bar (where is shows position within the forums) scrolls on every page rather than staying “pinned” to the top.

This is bad UX and worse UI.

Glad I wasn’t to feel something was off when surfing here.

And yes, the floating bar is extremely annoying.

Not ideal, but I’ll get used to it eventually. lol

Yepp, deffinetly different. D3 icon on top, new backgroung collor.

Yes, it does for me. All Blizzard games listed on top.

Same… uuugh :nauseated_face: Bliz really making efforts to catering the mobile fanbase

1 Like

On mobile it actually looked worse immediately after the change. The floating bar thingie didn’t stick to the top of the screen. Now it’s better.

It looks great on mobile.

It happened sometime last night. (Thursday, January 26, 2023).

I was reading the posts in the 2.7.5 PTR Preview thread in the General Discussion Forum when the page “blinked” and became borked. (The Games Header was at the top of the page. But, the Forums bar was in the middle of the page and didn’t move when I scrolled).

At first, I thought Firefox had initiated an update. I closed Firefox and restarted. I checked that Firefox was up-to-date, but it didn’t look like it had changed recently. I came back to pick up where I left off in these forums and it was still borked. I closed Firefox and went back to doing real life stuff.

I came back a couple of hours later and the forums were the same. Except, the Forums bar was now locked under the Games Header. So, it’s better now. But, will take some getting used to.

I kind of like having the Games Header at the top. This will make it easier to switch Game Forums. I just find it annoying that, when you scroll through a page, it can be seen behind the Headers.

I think the Download button is just for people who haven’t installed the Battle․net App (Launcher). I haven’t clicked on it yet and probably won’t.

Edit:

I just noticed that the Diablo 2: Resurrected Forums DOES NOT have an option to go to other Diablo Forums.  

(You can go to the D2:R Forums from here. But, you can’t get back here from the D2:R Forums, except through your Bookmarks or the Back button).