Did something change on the forum today?

Apparently, now that MVP doesn’t even have privacy to post here as the thread will announce the MVP’s post to everyone here. :laughing:

4 Likes

As mvp of a european forum, my opinion is that this is a distracting and unnecessary element of interface, and yet so bright. I prefer to see more CM posts anyway :slight_smile:
P.S. And delete this taskbar at the top of page, please.

Yes, it absolutely changed. Background colour is very dark and the floating banner toolbar at the top scrolls with you, rather than remaining at the top of the forums. This wasn’t just the D3 forums, I also noticed they’ve done the same thing to the Immortal Bug Report forum too, so presumably all of their forums got the same colour / layout changes.

It is all Blizzard forums, for all games from what I can tell. I actually like everything other than the Banner. It’s a terrible implementation of something that should be unobtrusive. I think it’s the gap at the top; seeing a sliver of text scroll by distracts the eye.

4 Likes

Yeah I know. Someone messaged me in game to let me know it was back. The old forums used to work that way as well.

It is good if someone is just looking for information/tech/CS/links to blue posts or blogs.

It is bad if I want to chit chat :confused:

There are only two of us likely to ever post here though. Me and MVP Leviathan (not to be confused with Streamer/Blizz staff Leviathan).

Mostly me… It feels really odd but I dealt with it before and will be fine with it again.

When you feel lonely, just click on this link. And ask yourself - who are all these people?

https://i.imgur.com/iCXrdzy.png

I know who they all are :slight_smile: Perl seems missing though. He is the newest as of 2019, last they added anyone to the program. He prob never asked to be added to the D3 group. The TS/CS folks are from across all the forums and while we can cross post, many tend to stick to the games they know best. They mostly post still, but on other forums.

We have a discord so we can chat and ask questions there. It is only mostly odd on the actual forums.

Here in the European region we have MVP/CS/CM communities directly in the BattleNet launcher - both general conversations and also by country:

https://i.imgur.com/rmGixXU.png
sorry for blurring, but there are a lot of MVP/ CS who I can’t quickly ask for permission :slight_smile:

Neat! I had no idea Blizzard actually used the Bnet version. It works just fine and is similar to Discord. I know a few of those folks like Pachimari. They came in through the CROWDS program on Twitter back in around 2017. I had to bow out for reasons and no longer had public social media and Pachi ran with it. Ended up with a temp position at Blizzard for a game release even.

Even with some Blizz forum reps in our Discord list, we have WAY less people than the EU side it seems. And of them, only a handful are active on the English speaking forums. I think we have a few on the SA side for spanish and portugese.

I think we have a grand total of 30 players in the program on Discord and of those maybe 10 are active on most months. A lot of people have been in the program for over 10 years now and are just simply inactive.

1 Like

I think the new site looks great. It’s not done yet. They are still adding stuff.

It isn’t so much the looks (although I find it very distracting, especially when scrolling through a thread), but those [insert many cuss words here] flyouts. Every time I move my mouse near or over them, even for just the briefest amount of time, they fly out. That’s making me rage something fierce. If they were triggered by manual clicks only I could tolerate the new floating bars as an uninteresting eyesore, but the way they cause unwanted interactions now? No. I hate, loathe, and despise them with the vengeance of a thousand exploding suns.

This was present in the old forum software prior to Discourse being used, but I still can’t fathom why they chose a crown over the old MVP tag. :woman_shrugging:

Yeah that feels super strange. A green target would be more accurate, (only sort of kidding). Crown though makes it seem like MVPs think they are something special that they are not. I don’t think I am some sort of princess. I am much more likely to be a green cup of tea or coffee.

3 Likes

Oh come now, own your royalty. Teehee. Yer a princess to some of us anyway =P

So, we do not have to pay obeisance to you? :crown: :bowing_man:

Once again: this marker is a unnecessary element of interface.
In the end, the list of topics will look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/EgEoqdv.png

Why is this marker needed in this case? Or Blizzard decided to replace CS/CM with MVP?
I agree then :slight_smile:

I am not sure when you joined the MVP program, but up until they switched the forums to the Discourse software in 2018/2019, all threads with an MVP post in them had an indicator on them that said “MVP” and it had a jump-to-post function.

The goal was to get people to the MVP post rapidly as it probably had info that might be useful, like a link to a Blue post, knowledge base article, etc. That worked pretty well for TS/CS MVPs.

This is very much NOT new.

Keep in mind the original purpose of the MVP program is to provide helpful info to other players - and free up Forum Support Agents or CMs for other things. (Those are two very very different jobs on two different teams).

This is SC, but the info is a template applying to all the programs.

These days, the CMs no longer post at all, other than announcements really, so yeah. Tasking has changed over time, but the MVP tag is not new and our role has not changed from doing what we already do, which is helping folks out.

What I don’t like is that it makes having a general chit chat convo a bit harder.

I remember Brandy saying something about wanting to have more engagement but the people calling the shots would not let he. Our current CM is much more active on other platforms, this forum is not even an afterthought. I do not see D4 having a forum which is sad considering all the new people who have jumped on the D3 forum wanting to talk about D4.

That is my understanding as well. Forum engagement is not something they do much of anymore as tasking. They use Reddit and the Diablo Twitter (run by a social media person). They do have personal Twitter accounts, but those are not for work purposes, even if they talk about work at times.

Mostly, forums are for players to discuss the games with other players. That provides discussion that the Devs read and that the CMs review to collect feedback from. They generally don’t engage in those discussions anymore directly.

I signed an NDA in 2015.

https://i.imgur.com/Nm1PBKK.jpeg

And I know perfectly well what you write about, but I don’t know why :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say to remove this taskbar at the top and not mark all topics with MVP badges because it looks like a Christmas tree. Nothing more, thank you.

I discovered it on my phone and it was all whacky. I couldn’t click the Forums > General Discussion part, the new bar covers and follows it.

Yeah, I’m not really sure why that was necessary.