Diabolical fissures need more reward / challenge

Please add more rewards to Diabolical fissure chest, blood shards are good, maybe more chance on ancient/primal drop for each floor cleared.

U can put a new challenge like a counter or things like “u cannot die” to achieve next level, each level cleared will give better rewards and the enemies will be stronger.

Echoing nightmare gave us more blood shards, xp and faster caldesann upgrades.

Goblin vault gave us lots of gems, gold and normal materials.

Now we just need a place to give us better item quality and some bounty mats.

Appreciate the feedback! The Diabolical Fissures are normalized from 1-70 to ensure players will have a smooth time learning while leveling.

After 70 they progressively get harder each time a player dives deeper. The % of items dropped and the quality of items are also increased as you go down.

We’re absolutely open to feedback about how difficult it feels, rewards, and will continue to look at forums and other places to gather that feedback.

35 Likes

Wow! Thats awesome! Thanks for the answer.

2 Likes

I got one at level 6 on my DH. Every single elite had the Resource Leech affix. It was absolutely terrible, having to play almost the entire thing with just Hatred builders because I was permanently completely empty on resources. Not fun. At all.

4 Likes

From the sound of things, fissures are designed to be a bounty/rift complement/replacement since we’re farming up mats and GR keys.

I get the feeling this will end up as a permanent feature to make it less tedious doing bounties.

Will be interesting to see how these scale for a max level character.

This one affix has convinced me to run DH for GoD. I’ll just spam HAs when I’m resource leeched.

2 Likes

Currently theme feels like gobbo rift on microdose steroids, boring and useless after initial Season Start.

It needs a huge buff for example guaranteed or a really high chance on ancients drops and slighty increased Primal drops. Otherwise i see no reason to do these things instead of doing portals.

PS : worth thing is that its open world only so its tied to bountys which are already the worst mechanic in D3

3 Likes

What do you mean it’s tied to bounties?

Fissures can be done in lieu of bounties since you get crafting mats at the end of them. You can also obtain GR keys from fissures.

It is offering an alternative. How it that a bad thing? You can run rifts or fissures for GR keys now. You can run bounties or fissures for mats now.

I fail to see the downside here when it comes to having choices when you’re gathering materials/ keys.

Would you rather grind out 25 bounties or run a fissure?

3 Likes

Reminds me kind of GrimDawn shattered realms.

Similar thoughts on that. Seriously considering playing a frenzy barb right now so I do not have to worry about not having the resources I need.

Curious whether shields will prevent the resource leech.

Bountys felt more efficient than doing those portals for Mats.

T16 Portals felt more efficient than doing those portals for Keys or Gear.

maybe not tied to bountys but it feels wasted not to do bountys and then enter the portals that spawn meanwhile

Fissures only appear in the open-world, i.e. not inside instanced content like Nephelem Rifts / Greater Rifts. That means you’re only likely to encounter fissures whilst running Bounties, because why else would you be doing open-world content?

6 Likes

How come?
A bounty cache is like 20 mats.

A fissure on T16 is 40 each and done way faster

To me these seem like a great addition to the base game.

Maybe add some significantly increased chance on primals for the rewards chest

3 Likes

40 mats each after a few minute run through a T16 Fissure, I’d say that’s way more efficient than running bounties. Especially in SSF mode this is very welcome since doing bounties solo is quite a slog.

3 Likes

I loved the wave of treasure goblins, could we also randomly get a wave of the butchers? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh?

I would be in the open world to find a fissure, not do bounties. Being in the open world doesn’t mean you have to be doing bounties in season 29.

Shouldn’t this be understood.

The only reason I am in the open world this season is to get a fissure to open. It has absolutely nothing to do with completing bounties.

Yeah, I am not buying that at all. You get in one of those while leveling in Hardcore, and you are dead. 3 bosses at the same time will tend to do that if you don’t have an actual build and zero legendaries.

3 Likes

I actually got one in the vault. I thought that was weird. Not in Greed’s chamber, but in the cave leading to it.

1 Like

This is sounding like a good season to get back to some cosmic wings hunting.

Speaking of, the PTR notes said something about fissures appearing “when you kill demons”. Is that literally only demons, and not say, undead? I’m just wondering if there’s going to be an efficiency thing, where some zones tend to be richer in demons are better for farming.