Diabolical fissures need more reward / challenge

Resource drain is very unfun, but fortunately at level 6 generators still work for damage.

At max level I can’t say I noticed it once.

If you think Resource Drain is unfun, you have never played Diablo 2 against Mana Burn champions.

1 Like

I had one appear in an Ancient Vault also.

Thanks for furthering my point that mana/resource drain sucks.

3 Likes

I would add that they should replace the DB showers with Primordial Ashes showers or, at the very least, Forgotten Souls showers. There is no lack of DBs when using Sage’s.

I go to the Fields of Misery and start killing. I have yet to not get a fissure to open and have maybe killed a quarter of the mobs each time. Goatmen, bats, leapers and trees.

I expect that % to be lowered when season 29 starts though.

1 Like

The rift is absolutley bonkers at lower lvl, resource burn + dragged into 12+ elites isnt doable even on normal difficulty. I also think once you have done them a few times on t16 theres no need to go back realy. I think your cap on rerolling legendaries will mostly be capped by forgotten souls rather quickly instead of bounty mats anyway. I was honestly hoping there would be a comeback of shards/etherals or something in addition to the rifts.

But you also spend a lot of materials crafting. DBs, though, are plentiful with Sage’s, there’s no need for them inside fissures.

Yeah, guess changing db’s for forgotten souls would be nice. Or maybe even lower the number of souls for the legendary reroll recipe. This season will more than ever be about min/maxing gear with the paragon cap in play.

Right. Solves a twofold problem. Most players hate bounties (me with raised hand in the air), and SSF, that can’t group to get them. It’s a good thing.

1 Like

I tried at T16 yesterday and got 40 mats for each catagories, I think it is already very good in reward, it gives us a much higher rate to reroll. I have 2 suggestions, drop some basic mats for us, and before we get in, please make a gather window like Echoing nightmare.

I certainly see them reducing the spawn chance of the fissures.

I ran the fields of misery and got 4 separate events before I had to re load.

They feel absolutely horrible at lower level. Theres a reason necrotic was removed from WoW and theres a reason Resource leech was removed from D4. Don’t bring them here.

If you get a fissure while leveling on hardcore dont go in it unless you’re stupid strong, not being able to heal for such a long time is guaranteed death on HC.

At high level when you got a build going , its a nice replacement for bounties.

Yeah definitely agree, these affixes are pretty strong against new characters. Ranged builds do better though… my WD had some minions around and was casting Haunt to good effect. If you can keep your distance it’s manageable. If not, it’s a pretty terrible experience.

I am not playing PTR so not sure exactly what causes them to spawn, does it seem like an on kill trigger? So that farming in the most densely populated areas would then be the most efficient way to get them?

Because my thinking was that it would make sense if you are doing overworld stuff to do bounties instead of normally going to a zone and killing enemies. That way you also progress toward getting a regular cache while farming for these.

But that would probably depend on the act etc

Right now they spawn randomly upon kill. Not clear wether all mobs have the same chance or if it’s weighted somehow.

I do strongly believe that the idea behind it, is like you described. Do your bounties and on the way you will encounter the Vision of Enmity for more bounty mats.

On PTR they spawn quite frequently. So frequently that regular bounties are absolutely meaningless from a rewards perspective. I really hope they won’t nerf the spawnrate to the ground like they did with Echoing nightmares, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they tone down the frequency a little.

In the PTR preview it’s noted as a chance to spawn while killing demons. Makes me think that it works similar to Ahavarion where it only works with the specifically called out enemy type and with a similarly low proc chance. It makes sense to use part of the code that’s already been implemented.

It’s not very low on PTR at least in my experience, don’t think I’ve had to “look” for a portal more than 45 secs.

It doesn’t seem tied to demons only either.

I am only killing beasts and they are popping open like champagne on New Year’s Eve.