Diablo2.io - The Community-driven Resource Website

Of course of course. The site owner is a one-person programming team, right? Or are you and some other people helping him make stuff?

1 Like

Stormlash, Whats your guys forum policy like? Will you get banned for making a joke or using a curse word like you do in these forums? :joy: lol.

1 Like

There’s no policy really about any of that. Most people are reasonable and don’t cross any lines.

Although, taken from the ToS and I quote:

“You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “diablo2io” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.”

2 Likes

lol ok thanks. Not like i planned on being obscene. The blizz forums are just insane and you’ll get temp banned for even PG type jokes, nothing even that bad. All jokes = Trolling in the blizz forums. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I found your Trading Market yersterday with google. I hope it will be a succsses. Some tips:

I would make a table in the market place and not the pins. It not must be looking beautiful, it just have to be efficent.

A way to search for a specific column/field. Like i only want to search the Offer or i only want to serach the Need. But the overall search which search in every single column/field should stay, too.

A filter which i can set the comuns/field i want. Currently there is only detailed and compact view. Some examples, the author in it or the post time/last edit of the 1. inital post. Other important information to see is the battlenet-tag# and discord name of the author. And i should can copy it from the overview (table) and not must open the post of the author. To copy the name of him.

In sorting there is the option last post. This is not important for me, more important is the post time or the time when the author edited his initial post, so i can see how old this trade is.

When i create a trade, the auto find item name only work in the 1. column (enter exact name), when i write what i need it dont work, its just a comment field. it should be integrated because often i not to want to sell a item, many times i am looking for a items. So there should be a addition field for what i need which have auto item find name. And when i dont want to auto pick a item, because i just want to write a hand written comment it should work, too. This already works for the 1. column where i write the exact name

When i edit the main post, the auto find item name doesnt work. When i select a filter i dont know if i selected it or disabled it. You as the creator know which color means which but other people dont know. Maybe make the button grey, when its disabled.

Edit: One important column/field in the table/pins would be for sold items the field “sold for” so i dont need to open the post, when i price check items.

1 Like

Hey there!! I actually saw this website listed in another thread and just had to say (again) how fantastic this site is!! The layout is great, it’s easy to use and has a ton of info. I’ve bookmarked it and will hopefully be using it exclusively for D2R.

2 Likes

Correct. It’s a one-man show, by the one and only, Teebling.
I’m just one of many passionate Contributors that help populate the website with all sorts of data.

1 Like

Amazing page. love it!

1 Like

The dude is amazing for doing this in his spare time and not putting any ads on it. Completely out of his love for the game. Here’s to hoping the site blows up big time shortly after launch! :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

Is the intentions of this website to replace d2jsp or later sell it?

1 Like

Who would the guy sell it to? Or are you saying he’s making it just to get a buyout from D2jsp once it gets “too big”? lol.

1 Like

What is the intentions of the website? Why is it better than using d2jsp or Discord that people have already been using?

1 Like

I think better if you like trading items for items instead of using an online currency system. I sincerely doubt this would ever replace or even compete with d2jsp on any serious level due to d2jsp having so much popularity as it is. Most likely d2jsp will become way more active after launch too.

But i also doubt the site creator made it with any monetary intentions. At least from what i’ve seen. obviously he could, but why ask such a question instead of just seeing if you like the site yourself?

1 Like

No. We have no intentions of selling it nor do we want to replace anything. We are just trying to give people different tools to play with. This is a project made with love and passion. Every resource out there can coexist. We just want a modernized version of what’s already out there with some QoL.

We know trading is a crucial part of the game and there’s a lot of passionate people that want some other options to trade that is not D2JSP. That’s why we implemented the Trade section, to facilitate that. But we have/will have so much more to offer besides that.

Everything in one place for you to explore and take advantage of it, that’s the goal.
Stay tuned!

2 Likes

:raised_hands: You guys are awesome.

Maybe not selling the site, but does the site creator have plans of putting ads on there ever?

1 Like

Project Diablo 2 and Path of Diablo use your own similar trade marketplace and some time the market place went for maintance for some days, so we must traded over discord and when you one time used a market place like this, you dont want to trade via discord anymore, trust me. d2jsp is a diffrent system. you can collect fg and have the best items on day 1 if your are willig spend many fg. On trade markets like this you just can trade with the item you found. Thats the main difference. Both have it pros and cons. But i personal will use the trade markets like this from the thread. I hope many other will use it, too. Otherwise i need to look at discord channels, but i not like discord or forums for trade, because its not very comfortable.

2 Likes

Not to my knowledge, no. We are not trying to monetize anything. And ads are so god damn annoying…
With that said, I’d mind a Donate option, tho. Teebling definitely deserves it, no questions about that.

1 Like

Are you going to hook into Discord so bots can be created for price checks for ease of use like how it’s already done on other games? For example, like how this feature is available for the MMO Elder Scrolls Online. When using Discord you can use use a bot command for quick price checks, etc.

1 Like

wow i didnt know D2 had discord trading like that too. Never used discord before, is it worth it?

2 Likes

Personally, it is to me. I have used Discord because of bots like this and haven’t gone back to a 3rd party website ever since. I have saved so much time doing item price check commands for selling, etc.

1 Like