Diablo Mobile vs PC

On more serious mode, gaming isn’t exclusive to one platform. There are people who game on all platforms. Not necessarily the same game.

There is potential on all platforms, that was why the Immortal project wasn’t a bad idea imho. The timing of the announcement was what made the whole mess.

2 Likes

And like everything, of course it’s growing there are constantly more people. Not really an accurate measurement. The percentage of PC players compared to console and mobile is getting smaller every year had has been for about 20+ years now.

Afaik PC gaming users far, far outnumbers console users, console users just spend more money on games on average, so console end up having a larger market share than PC in the picture above.

Indeed.
And the strength in PCs are that they can just do it all. They have the broadest game selection, and they can even play mobile games if you for some reason want that (and probably will be able to play Diablo Immortal). PC kinda encompasses all the other platforms.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the PC gamer. We wouldn’t be where we are today that is on anything. They use to base everything off of PC gaming. Yes the PC Gamer are small % of the computer world. But they are always looking for that upgrade.

I started out with a commodore 64 1983 and went from there. It wasn’t until the Apple 2 and the Commodore 64 released in 1977 and 1982 respectively, that personal computers became more appealing for general consumer use.

My 1st grand daughter is 18 was born before the boom. She still plays her sims 3 on the laptop. My 2nd oldest grand daughter is 12 was born at the start of the mobile boom. But she plays all her games on the PC. Now the 3rd grand daughter is 4 is the mobile Queen. She has her tablet and use her father’s phone.

But give her time she be on the PC just like the rest. Because her Grand POP will build her one.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about PC vs Mobile games.

Because as long as we live in separate homes in developed countries there will always be PC games.

Mobile games aren’t like PC games… we use a mouse and keyboard.
Mobile uses different method to move and kill, open doors etc.
Mobile is for on the move gaming.

Even if phones become so strong we plug them into the home entertainment center and then plug in keyboard, mouse or controller it will still be a PC style game.

After we wipe out all the Earth’s resources it won’t matter.
The future generations will declare all of us selfish human beings that killed the Planet.

So for me personally mobile vs. pc is not a big issue.

3 Likes

You can already connect your mobile device to a keyboard and mouse as well as connect to a monitor/TV. Whether mobile games support it or not is a different question. So technically we are at that point and phones are phenomenally powerful for their form factor. So it’s only a matter of time before your favorite game is on PC, console, and mobile. Heck, with the Switch, the capability has been around for over 5 years at least.

1 Like

I would have to buy a mobile device first (tell Wyatt I am sorry, but I do not have a cellphone), and that is not going to happen any time soon. Well, I do have a
Switch, but I rarely if ever play it undocked and on the TV, so no, there is nothing they can do to make me switch to being a mobile gamer staring at that tiny 4 inch screen all day.

2 Likes

the power/performance you get from a pc vs a phone or a tablet is massive…as long as PC out perform those other devices then PC’s are here to stay. IF the technology catches up to PC’s performance then we may se a decline in personal computers which may be in a couple decades or more

I can plug my HP monitor into my phone with usb-c while having a keyboard and mouse plugged into the monitors USB ports.

Instantly, I have a full android desktop that behaves very similar to a regular pc.

I could easily play games on it, but why tie up my communication device while doing it?

2 Likes

Cross platform is the answer, exclusivity throttles your revenue stream. The future will be a game you can play on a console, mobile, or PC and switch between devices seamlessly. miHoYo already did this with their flagship product.

1 Like

Diablo Immortal 8-Boss Raid: :point_down:

Genshin Impact Boss Battle: :point_down:

PoE Mobile gameplay: :point_down:

Why do people still going to think that mobile games can’t be as good as a PC games when it comes to gameplay in 2022?

and let compare to PC D2R boss fight: :point_down:

It is not about how good the game looks or plays I want to play on my computer :desktop_computer: you can play on a phone.:iphone:

• You can have Diablo Immortal; I will hold out for D4. Hopefully we will both be happy. :man_cartwheeling:
3 Likes

Obviously I will be happy as I can play Immortal and Diablo 4 at the same time. More diablo games to play is always better.

Wouldn’t even mind if they release Immortal, D3 expansion/DLC(wishful thinking :rofl: ) and Diablo 4 at the same time.

Afaik basically everyone considers Genshin Impact to be far worse on mobile. Particularly due to the control scheme. The difference is still there.

Just like Diablo Immortal and PoE Mobile will be worse than they could have been. Whether they will be bad remains to be seen.

And yeah, you can hook it up to a monitor and better controls hardware. At which point it no longer really qualifies as mobile. But rather the merging of platforms we can expect to see more of.

2 Likes

Yes, but the phone is not able to run D3 or power up a 27" monitor right now.

So the idea is in the future.

2 Likes

Is it time for a Console LTE specification? Both PS5 and XBOX use AMD x64 chips as well as lots of PC users. You can plug a monitor/keyboard/mouse into each. They are the closest to “spec” as they ever have been.

What we need is convergence. Then multiplatform cross play can have a baseline.

They can call it OpenGI, or Open Gaming Interface.

1 Like

Don’t need it to power up a 27 inch monitor but you can definitely connect to it. Hell, your PC doesn’t power your monitor either. Call me when your PC can do that.

Nah, most game engines get designed in a platform agnostic way.

The majority of development work is done on a PC by default with only a small set of companies developing exclusively on the development kits.

The difference between a phone and PC is going to get smaller each year as they get more powerful but they will still have control issues, players often want better control options than the touch screen.

If we look at Diablo Immortal, they are adding controller support to the phone game. Hybrid cross-platform games are probably the real future.

You play stuff on your phone while you are out, then get back home and play a much better quality version on your home PC, cloud or console.

Seems more and more mobile apps are starting to support plugging in physical keyboards/mice/controllers, it’s going to be even easier to justify setting up the PC controls for a game, as those can be used on the mobile also then.

TL;DR: I expect more multi-platform releases, not dropping PC. Especially from Microsoft who have a massive PC market share.

1 Like

The popularity of mobile game in my opinion comes from the digital inclusion that mobile provides in third world countries. I live in Brazil, one such country, and one of the most popular games here is Garena Freefire, a chinese pubg clone of sorts for mobile. The game has nothing special about it, save for the fact that it can run on low end and older smartphones, and can also be easily emulated in any laptop with integrated graphics so people who wanna be serious about the game can actually play it on PC without much of a cost entry. Before the mobile days, the most popular game in Brazil, by far, used to be Counter Strike 1.6, again, because not only could it run on pretty much any PC in the mid 2000’s, but it was also widely installed in lan houses where people who didn’t own a PC could go and play.

It’s not even a matter of being casual or hardcore, freefire players are pretty serious about their game. It’s just a matter of availability, when the economy of many populous countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, India, etc either doesn’t make gaming PCs and consoles widely available for the general public, or just the work culture in general leaves people little time to play games at home (such is the case of China, which is arguably the heart of mobile gaming).

Jeez are you one of those “dot the i” & “cross the t” kind of guy?

Okay then, so the phone’s small screen is nothing compared to the twin 27" monitor’s the PC has.

If I don’t always use the correct definable word in a sentence don’t assume I don’t know what I’m talking about please.

1 Like