⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

But its important!
THE LITTLE THINGS!!!

My two cents about Transmogrify… I would prefer if it came back. I used it quite often in D3. And not because I wanted to give myself some fabulous gear. Quite the opposite. I found that most of the best gear in game, especially the headgears was hideous and I was very glad to make it invisible. Also when playing crusader, I usually switched the look to his classical, black and white armor, because it I found it whole magnitude more tasteful then garish legendaries or sets.

1 Like

Maybe make it a bit more realistic I don’t know, find the style, you want to wear and the item of this style disappears as you transmuge your item

Regarding trade: please don’t restrict the trading of powerful items. Part of an item’s value is your ability to trade it. The worst feeling in Diablo 3 after trade was restricted was finding an item that was really powerful, just not for a build you’re interested in playing. It essentially takes an item that should be super valuable and reduces it to garbage. Items should always be tradeable so even if an item isn’t useful to you personally, you can use it to acquire other powerful items that are useful to you. I’m not saying there needs to be an auction house or any sort of trading post, players can be responsible for finding their own trading partners through chat, forums, etc. But the ability to trade items with other players is essential.

1 Like

Alright, just don’t cry on me when the devs fail at a cruicial thing cause they focused on “The little things” when the game comes out cause that’s what community asked/s… Not necessarily the devs (I’m a one myself kinda), but the managers **ADORE bathing in PR bullsht like that*, they find an opportunity to “brag about the little things” when they get done and present them to the public

Because of that kind of community behavior the next thing we might get are things like “hey there everyone, we’re happy and proud to present you our latest change to the druid class, instead of mana we decided he’ll use spirit instead”, to which guys like you would react like "Ah, right, Spirit, that certainly makes the “look and feel” complete, so far I couldn’t sleep nor play the game but now I surely can :thinking:

That kind of “we got BS for you, feels great” type of excuses while not making sure that CORE GAME MECHANICS work at their best the managers adore cause it’s “easy money for nothing” for them… Just don’t cry out when something’s inherently broken when the game comes out but you guys we made it, we got our Inventory Tetris back

1 Like

i would actually prefer to go back to mana with every character
mana and stamina

1 Like

Sweet mother of mercy… What have I done :face_with_monocle: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

we need a solid base of a resource system and no casual generator skill clown fiesta

2 Likes

Depends on how the combat is handled I’d say… If the generators provide enough diversity for other skills to be used both strategically and effectively it’s fine job done I’d say

Thing is the following - do you or you prefer not to, to connect the Resource re/generation system to game’s economy… If so you have 1 upside and 1 downside

1. The upside is you won’t be able to spam spells like crazy and be forced to think/use them a bit more strategically
  2. The downside is the game would become what D2 was, summon 15 portals to fight a harder pack of monsters in hell diff… Especially when all of them had “Mana burn” affix :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m frankly not a fan of that one tbh and at the end of days think the Generator requirement is the lesser of 2 evils. In SOME dungeons ?, sure, maybe, but having going in, out, in, out of dungeons is quite stupid (at least to me), and it’s not like that brings your dynamics of gameplay up either, it just slows down your progress at the cost of coins…

SURE, that can “separate” the “men” from the “boys” but the problem is - “boys” are simply gonna grind harder outside of dungeons to make sure they have enough coins to make through a one, and that’s basically it

To be frank I’d put a much lesser “grade of importance” to the resource generation compared to the “FHR” i.e. what makes you live (and what makes you die) mechanic

Overall: I could understand how “generators” might feel slight turn off for some people but at the end of days it’s not like “portaling home” to buy mana potions was a good way to handle things either rly

1 Like

Noone says, a slower paced and tactical gameplay has to be harder
I think in general, you and enemies should die slower, making the fights more interesting and more than just explosions of either your enemies or yourself

Basic (simple) attacks should have a place in combat and not just for generating resources
Strong attacks should eat a lot of them and be used strategically, not spamed like in D2 or pushed on CD like in D3

3 Likes

Quality of life comment: please have loot filter which allows for DESIRED items types to be picked up automatically. D3 is suffering from an over abundance of legendary/gem/deaths breath drops, and needing to stop and pick them up all the time when needed is just like the reason gold is auto collected now.
This tool should be applied to ALL item classes, and should be able to be modified by the player in the interface tab.

Statistics: please incorporate comprehensive statistics into the game for data collection. Especially a kill-counter. The community wants to know how many times it’s killed a monster/boss.

I think the argument that inventory tetris adds to a more believable game is a valid point. It doesn’t feel right to have a big 2 handed grandfather sword take up the same slot space as a dagger. I think making the world believable even in small cases such as inventory tetris is important.

3 Likes

Dont you Think most builds ends up with recource reduction/ regain that makes the generators obsolete, even though most of the generators had cool effects but damage wise not optimal…
I always hated that I had like 5 skills that late game didn’t feel like worth looking at especially after all the fun I had with the skills leveling up… it would be cool cool if we had some kind of option to boost generators making them low cost spenders instead with a power boost in the skills stats :grin::+1::rofl:

No that’s just a Botter’s Paradise, and a Phone game mechanic.
If the drop rate is right there is no need for a Loot Filter, anyone that has played PoE without one knows this, the screen fills with a mountain of items, Don’t go there.

I’m not a big numbers person but I can see that the Min/Max players need/want to be able to see if what they change id doing what they expect.
So a big yes to this.

1 Like

the button, i want most atm, is a hide-thread button for me, on the forums;

and, as before, i vote to save our settings for that button on a forum server, so that we can delete all our cookies after all surf sessions.

Another Idea for D4:

Was thinking maybe the new Mythic items in D4 could have their own leveling system

1 Like

well, david kim said, the cube might have to do with them

Blizzard - Please include a damage meter and practice dummies so we could test our builds.

1 Like

You would/could be better off, if there are Set layouts and mobs in a few different level Dungeons, hitting one or two dummies is not as good, but one of these Dungeons every say ten levels or so lets you test all you like.

Customizable UI please! It can be annoying to search for your small icon indicating your defense buff or something