Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

Looks like you didnt play d3 on launch. Or i was blind and didnt see it since i didnt buy a single item till i sold few for real money.

Mate if you played vanilla solo, and finished the game hardest difficulty without auction house, you’d be in the 0.0000001%. So congrats.

That is not true till realmoney AH which i was using was released we had plenty of time to finish game and it wasnt even close to be super hard. Just abuse gold chest in basement on bridge map if i remember correctly by killing elites with your mercenary once you were dead and you were weared more than enough to beat game. Once RMAH came out i had plenty of diablo slains on my account.

So some people farmed a gold chest in a basement utilising a follower and that got you end game items and after that it was “Wasn’t close to be super hard”.
Not sure what you are trying to argue here, but I said the gameplay loop was broken and you essentially just proved me right.

I was playing within the games design, stuck froming Act 3 battlefileds for weeks, like you this is only from memory as it was 2006, and essentially the drop rates on 62 items there (which were needed to progress) were about as low as primals are in the current D3. After this point if you go beyond the battlefields with your current level 61 items, the monsters are level 62 and you get destroyed.
Well that was my experience.

The point I was making was not that “you” can’t do something, it’s that the itemisation was broken in line with the difficulty and this has been agreed upon by both the devblopers and players. The issue was that the drop rates were too low and the difficulty too high going from *61/62/63 ilvl. I was able to build out 61 but getting top tier items outside of glitches or mistakes in the game design was extremely difficlut.
The point i’m making is important here, because the way they destroyed itmisation by simplifying it “smart loot” is wrong, the itemisation was fine in Vanilla and so was the difficulty, the issue was simply that the drop rates and a slaight difficulty jump in act 3 made it extremely hard to progress outside of game breaking things like chest farming as you so adequately pointed out. For Diablo 4 they should not consider “smart loot” as a game mechanic, because ARPG’s are better with more stats and more customization, not less stats and less customization.

speaking of on topic, lets keep the positive contributions that add to the thread coming, lets not derail it.

1 Like

You are changing topic it doesnt matter how i did it. Other ppl did it nolifing you just said that it was impssible to finish inferno without AH and i jsut told you i did it few times before even AH was in game.

They need to bring rare items back to relevance, I have been thinking about this because with the Ancient Legendary meta, do you think it would make sense to have Ancient Rare items or just for rares to be as good as legendaries with potentially better combinations?

The fact that rare items are so good in Diablo 2, personally I beleive it’s still a reason people play it to this day as it makes the combinations of builds nearly limitless whereas in Diablo 3 they are extremely limited due to set meta.

It would be great if they brought back stats like Diablo 2 & Vanilla Diablo 3 so that rare items were more than just a large yellow material. I really miss the days of hunting for Ethereal and Socketted gear so I could make that epic follower item or rune word, some people have never experienced that.

As for Characters;

I have been thinking about that too, I really like the mechanic of Barb Arsenal & Druid Shapeshifting especially that each form provides different passives.

I would like for them to consider these unique styles more, because not everyone like s the same thing, especially listening to Diablo players I noticed alot of wizard players concerned about mana potions or lack of, perhaps they should consider the wizard uniquely having a legendary pottion that can provide mana, boosts or even an ability.

For future characters; I just want to cary that theme over where each character has a truly unique aspect and gameplay.

A wanted the assassin to come back, I guess either that or the rogue, my thoughts here were that they could have a character that doesn’t have the same resource like other characters as such rather it has cooldowns and combination strikes, i think to play like berserker in Lost Ark. Essentially the ultimates are powerful moves at the end of combinations or when a cc is applied to an enemy. Think of it as a more action type playstyle.
I also thought of potentiual unique skills for such a class perhaps you can buff the space bar jump mechanic to add extra distance so he can travel in and out of combat more efficiently. Or, can unlock a parry/evade ability that triggers when not channelling finishing attacks or ultiumate abilities, allowing it to tank while performing combination strikes.

I’m torn between the others;

I also think they need to have a non-active pet build, people love that style of play. The necro was cool in Diablo 3 with all the actiuve skills, not the skills themselves I but the playstyle, that style is mostly filled by the Druid in Diablo 3. Perhaps they should bring the necromancer back and make it less active like Diablo 2?

I think they need a paladin, someone posted about an exorcist character that sounded interesting, it might be cool to play on a darkened Paladin type, with sword and board and maybe some ability to turn the evil to fight for us.

I think MrLlamaSC just put it very accurately in his latest video on Twitch/Youtube about Ressource Management.
Please give us RPG elements, which means, give us choices to make, give us depth to the game:

• Hit Recovery, Block Chance, Block Rate, Faster Cast Rate, Faster Attack speed, Hit Chance, NOT exaggerated Crit multiplier
  • a lot of affixes for items, not all of them have to be crucially necessary for the game to work. It is fun to have some minor and other more important affixes
  • no (or very small) cooldowns on spells
  • a different potion system, because that one is neither tactically interesting, nor hard to master, nor does it give you any real advantage to wait for your potion CD to finish to jump into the next mop group
  • some kind of “fixing” your skill build, meaning make it hurt to reskill. Maybe like that? Diablo 4 RPG depth - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums

I really hope, the RPG part of D4 will improve a lot from what I have seen in the demo. BUT I also think, that affixes and character mechanics should be explained in optional tutorials for people, who don’t want to find out all mechanics by themselves.

I also wanna say, that the action part, graphics and atmosphere were amazing! I like that a lot so far!!

8 Likes

Will there be resist in d4?

Drawing a bit of a Long Bow here but ~

Will pets be able to go back to town with junk common gear to sell or break down to materials.[ Torchlight 1/2 ]
With pets for Druid will they have a basic skill tree [ just like Dungeon Siege 2 ] where you can
feed one or all of your pets junk armor, weapons etc to enhance pet armor, damage that also enhances
your armor, damage.
Can Druid have wild/feral battle hardened fighting cats/tigers ( for the cat lovers )
Each wolf or cat/tiger that Druid has each have own personality strengths and names?

Any word on Paragon system yet? Borderlands 3 has a good Paragon system after campaign mode completed wherein Zero Dawn Horizon had none which was very disappointing
Will the open world quests for multiple players be much like Guild Wars 2 MMORPG because that would be just perfect?

Any word on Paragon system yet? Borderlands 3 has a good Paragon system after campaign mode completed wherein Zero Dawn Horizon had none which was very disappointing.

Any ideas if there will be some character mix and match as in [ IE Grim Dawn / Oppressor = Oathkeeper + Necro ] at some point in game play or at beginning Character creation

1 Like

You used a glitch (that was subsequently patched) to progress, so you proved his point that the game was broken.

I disagree with MrLlamaSC regarding cooldowns, at the very least as long as there are ultimate abilities there needs to be a mechanic that are limiting to them. I’m not a fan of these skills like Archon & WOTB anyway, however the only thing that seems to work to this point is long cooldowns, and even then you just get everything geared towards 100% uptime.
There’s also a potential for a cooldown heavy character becuase it’s obvious that some people like that play style, which is why I suggested putting it on Assassin with a mixture of combination strikes and cd mechanics.

Hit Recovery is a wierd one, it’s not even necessary in the game based on what I have seen, if it plays anything like Diablo 3 hit recovery is moot due to all actions being uninteraptible except for when taking cc.

MrLlamaSC also doesn’t like the pet builds but again there is a massive part of the community here that wants to run pet builds, so again that class style should be in the game.

I’m really hopeful that Blizz will listen to Diablo 2 AND Diablo 3 streamers though, i’m sure there are a ton of Diablo 3 streamers who would agree with MrLlama on A LOT of things he has raised.

I hope the rune words aren’t limited to two… Amn Ko Tir!! It would be cool to have runewords again like D2. Valkerie appears to fight next to you, Paladin auras become active, etc… it gives the chance of other characters to use skills that were not intentional for that character… it is another thing that made Diablo 2 so replayable. I had a Paladin with a bow! (Basically a Demon Hunter) With rune words I could give him amazon skills while using auras… it was awesome! Please bring that back!

2 Likes

Yes, Dupre I hope they do good inspired work with rune words. More than two is a must.

I agree. But, looking at the D4 Inventory and items, it appears the items will be similar to D3. With 1-Socket for Weapons, 2-Sockets for Pants and 3-Sockets for Chest.

So far, they’ve only revealed two types of Runes: Condition Runes and Effect Runes. This raises some questions for me:

• Must the item have the exact number of Sockets for the Runes to work?
  • If a Chest piece has 3 Sockets can it accommodate 1 Condition Rune and 2 Effect Runes?
  • Will the maximum number of Sockets an item can have be increased passed 3?
  • Will all Rune Words be limited to “cause and effect” (Condition and Effect)?

For starters… :thinking:

I like the Dark theme the devs are going with . I like idea of a large open world that needs mounts . what i am not keen on. is this mmo bit. I honestly don’t think it is the right direction (namely because there are to many trolls online these days ) . I would like it if the Town and specific PVP areas had other players. as well if there is an event area to have players at that event. but aside from those … I dont think it is a good mix to have random players to run into, anywhere in the game when you finish the campaign. this is the only aspect of the what was talked about that i don’t like. aside from that i think the Devs have the right idea and I am look forward to seeing what they do

So I’ve just watched Rhyker’s YT video and interview with the lead systems designer and so far, everything sounds good. I’m okay with the limited shared world, so long as campaign is entirely solo. It’s the campaign I really enjoy in Diablo anyway. The endless leveling is just tedious.

Mount abilities sounds awesome

Simplified item stats with exact numbers instead of percentages is great. No more math. You know exactly how much damage and damage mitigation you’re going to get.

Emphasis on single legendaries instead of set items - great. More character customization is better. I personally don’t want the devs dictating how I build my character.

Some questions:

Stamina - is it a thing in the game?
Skills have cooldowns instead of mana, right? or both?
potions: does it have cool down or can it be spammed?

Dislike: off the bat, i dislike that there are so few classes to choose from. we already have so many classic classes. all of them should be available off the bat. expansions should be introducing new classes, not old ones that are in demand.
Necromancer and Assassin should definitely be the two classes aside from Barb, Sorc, and Druid. Paladin, Shadowhunter, and Monk can be expansion classes.

I may be alone in this, but can we please have an option to hide our builds and skills from other players, so they couldn’t inspect us.

I Agree to your statement,

Having normal Items with multiple sockets and the proper runeword could make them legendary (or better with say a Zod rune). That what made D2’s runewords great. Make your own awesome weapons/armor.

This Video brings up a lot of good points as feedback:

1 Like