Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

I agree. But, looking at the D4 Inventory and items, it appears the items will be similar to D3. With 1-Socket for Weapons, 2-Sockets for Pants and 3-Sockets for Chest.

So far, they’ve only revealed two types of Runes: Condition Runes and Effect Runes. This raises some questions for me:

• Must the item have the exact number of Sockets for the Runes to work?
  • If a Chest piece has 3 Sockets can it accommodate 1 Condition Rune and 2 Effect Runes?
  • Will the maximum number of Sockets an item can have be increased passed 3?
  • Will all Rune Words be limited to “cause and effect” (Condition and Effect)?

For starters… :thinking:

I like the Dark theme the devs are going with . I like idea of a large open world that needs mounts . what i am not keen on. is this mmo bit. I honestly don’t think it is the right direction (namely because there are to many trolls online these days ) . I would like it if the Town and specific PVP areas had other players. as well if there is an event area to have players at that event. but aside from those … I dont think it is a good mix to have random players to run into, anywhere in the game when you finish the campaign. this is the only aspect of the what was talked about that i don’t like. aside from that i think the Devs have the right idea and I am look forward to seeing what they do

So I’ve just watched Rhyker’s YT video and interview with the lead systems designer and so far, everything sounds good. I’m okay with the limited shared world, so long as campaign is entirely solo. It’s the campaign I really enjoy in Diablo anyway. The endless leveling is just tedious.

Mount abilities sounds awesome

Simplified item stats with exact numbers instead of percentages is great. No more math. You know exactly how much damage and damage mitigation you’re going to get.

Emphasis on single legendaries instead of set items - great. More character customization is better. I personally don’t want the devs dictating how I build my character.

Some questions:

Stamina - is it a thing in the game?
Skills have cooldowns instead of mana, right? or both?
potions: does it have cool down or can it be spammed?

Dislike: off the bat, i dislike that there are so few classes to choose from. we already have so many classic classes. all of them should be available off the bat. expansions should be introducing new classes, not old ones that are in demand.
Necromancer and Assassin should definitely be the two classes aside from Barb, Sorc, and Druid. Paladin, Shadowhunter, and Monk can be expansion classes.

I may be alone in this, but can we please have an option to hide our builds and skills from other players, so they couldn’t inspect us.

I Agree to your statement,

Having normal Items with multiple sockets and the proper runeword could make them legendary (or better with say a Zod rune). That what made D2’s runewords great. Make your own awesome weapons/armor.

This Video brings up a lot of good points as feedback:

1 Like

:ear: :ear: :ear:

I heard something about Blizzard wanting feedback from the Diablo4 Demo at Blizzcon?
I hope this is the right place to post them…

1. A character suggestion:
    If it hasn’t been decided yet, I think it would be cool to see a hybrid claw and bow user… maybe a mixture of the Assassin and Amazon classes from Diablo 2?
    With a skill set including both the Asssassin skills ‘Dragon Flight’ and ‘Dragon Talon’

/EDIT/ After reading ’ troyshaun-6994’ 's post above about having a character with combinations strikes, I thought of a cool idea to go along with this claw character.
A resource generating skill, that is a series of 7 or so strikes.
Only taking up 1 skill slot on the bar, pressing it would cause it to turn into the 2nd strike, then the 3rd, then the 4th… ect… pressing any other skill would break the chain and set it back to 1.
(Difference in strikes could be… the 1st has high resource gain but low damage, with those scaling in opposition to the 7th strike, that has high damage but low resource gain. Ultimately causing the player to want to break the chain around 3 or 4 strike for optimal resource gain, OR if their build has an effect on strike - want to continue the chain all the way to 7.)
The strike could even increase in attack speed, something like a Barb frenzy.

1. A suggestion about Runes:
    I was curious if a ‘cause’ rune could trigger multiple ‘effect’ runes on items with more than 2 sockets… and vice - versa. If an ‘effect’ rune could have multiple ‘cause’ runes to trigger the same effect.
    I thought that might be sort of fun (for build specifications).

From what I’ve seen the game is looking really good!
I’m excited to hear more about what you’ve been doing with it.

Keep up the good work! and thank you for listening to my suggestions.

:tooth::monkey:

Amazing post. I strongly agree.

Also, UNTIE character power from gear power. And bring cursed gear back. I wanna do naked/beyond naked challenges.

Where are Mephisto, Diablo and Baal for the new Diablo?

The PvP mode is very important.
Diablo has to be like before.
People who do not want to PvP and cheat should get their own servers.

3.The trading system is very important, what you find should be exchangeable and not account based.

The rune words should be like in Diablo 2.
More individuality.
should be more complex than Path of Exile

5.Blizzard should not make the same mistake again as in Diablo 3 and drive away the players

1 Like

Hi, would like to give you a few suggestions on the way.
First of all I’m glad that Diablo IV will be much darker than the previous installment and I’m looking forward for more Information on the game.

• Make more use of sound and music. What I mean by that is, let some in-game characters sing or play music to improve the tense atmosphere of the game. Nothing encourage emotions more than music. (a voice of a quietly singing woman, a child singing some lullaby, somebody who play’s a lute) there are a lot of possibilities.

• Make more use of your art team to tell little stories. You have one of the best art teams in the industry. Instead of just voice acting some quest text, you could also use some of your breathtaking artworks and maybe animate it a little bit, to increase the emotional attachment to these stories.

• A lot of people like to craft things. Maybe you could add one character class which is specialized in crafting thing. Maybe you know the Kingskiller Chronicles of “Patrick Rothfuss” who tells emotional stories like no other. The main character Kvothe has some very interesting abilities. If we focus more on the crafting abilities, you could for example generate a character class which is something like a smith and a magican in one person, who crafts interesting machinery with magical features to beat his enemies. I have not quite thought this through but I think there are a lot of possibilities to create a of very interesting class out of it.

Last but not least, thank you for all the effort you put into this game!

2 Likes

for all the people trying to influence the Diablo4 economy, because they want to feel just as strong as the pros, while only playing 10 hours a week, while I log 100 hours a week…
just stop…
I don’t care you gotta work, and can’t play as much as the pros…
it happens in D2 forever and it works perfect…
Diablo godly uniques and runewords are just for the big dogs k?
because we actually played the game 100x more than you, and deserve our fix
u can still catch up… it just means I will have my shako before you…
YOU WILL STILL GET YOUR SHAKO, JUST SPEND THE TIME AND U WILL GET THERE… DON’T RUIN THE GAME BECAUSE U WANT TO FEEL AS STRONG AS ME EVEN THOUGH I PLAYED 100x MORE…

that’s not how a true diablo game should feel…
it would just punish the true Diablo fans, by appeasing to Mario gamers…
if you don’t want to put in the effort to play Diablo… well then maybe you’re not a Diablo gamer…

1 Like

By the divines just take my money already!

Hello everyone!

I would like to write down my thoughts and opinions about Diablo IV.
There are things i liked and things i didn’t. I’ll try to be as honest as possible.

Art Direction
Cinematic - I loved it. It’s very good, i couldn’t not notice the similarities in the beginning with the original Diablo 1 cinematic, the abandoned village scene. Also i liked a lot the final scene with Lilith’s summoning\birth.
What still didn’t convinced me enough was the music… i didn’t find it very good or appropriate to the whole scene, too much noise.

Game - Generally i find it a step in the right direction. I like the potential, and i want to think also it’s still and a very early stage so there is still a lot to be done. I like that it’s darker, more mature in tone. The world seems a little more frightening. But i find it still too… Diablo 3 like, i mean, it just seems like D3 with a different color scheme, or also, like a remake in HD of D2. I like the character design and customization, even though i think the Druid shouldn’t be so buff, he seems bigger than the Barbarian which should be the most physically buff class.
I like the minimalistic UI, and the effect on the skill icons when they reset like a mosaic from the gothic churches. Make the life bars appear only on the monster we attack, not on everyone.

Gameplay
I like how the game plays, the effects of the magics are nice, not too much flash and color, but enough. Also the physical attacks are very good, brutal and make you really feel the power of your damage. What i really like and hope it stays the same is the speed of combat. I would like it to be like this, or even a little slower. Something i kind of dislike now in D3 is how fast paced the combat became… sometimes it’s hard to keep track with what’s happening or i feel i can’t completely control my character because of how fast everything is happening, not enough time to react. I would love the combat to be a little more tactic, and to have always enough time to react to any situation if possible.

Skills and Character Growth
I find the new system a step in the right direction, but either i didn’t see well enough how the skill points affect the skill, or i find it not quite enough for a more complex or detailed customization of your abilities. I think you could combine the runes (or modifiers) from Diablo 3 with the skill points too. Anyway i hope the system will get some kind of upgrade, or that more elements will be introduced during development, patches and expansions.

Item types
I find cool that we can have a ultimate item with 4 legendary powers… BUT, can you change its “Mythic” name please? I don’t know why but i would distance myself as much as possible from World of Warcraft terminology, also because of how the association between D3 and WOW is still today seen as a bad one. I would return to the old favorite “Unique” name, also because the word implies “only one of that kind” item, as it will be in the game, or another cool name, even Primal i think would be better.

Runes
I am glad to see them back, but i want to understand better… is it possible to combine strings of more than 2 runes? Or only pairs of 2? Will we have items with more than 2 sockets? Like 4? 6? The condition rune, activates more than one effect rune in an item with more than 2 sockets? I would like to see longer strings than 2, for a greater and more complex customization. Either make some special runes that can activate more than one effect rune, or make them upgradable in order to activate more than one effect rune.

Stash

I would like to see more of the stash, and i really hope it will be an upgraded version from what we have in D3. I would really like a smart stash, or one that can offer some sorting and organizing utilities that will make lose us less time by it.

Classes

I like the classes so far, and i would really like to see for the next two an archer archetype and also a summoner or holy knight.
If it were to be from the old classes of Diablo, i would say the Ranger from D1 or Amazon from D2 would be very welcome as ranged warriors.
As for the summoners, Necromancer would be my first choice
As for holy warriors, Paladin would be my first pick, or else the Crusader

But i would also like to see something totally new in D4, like every Diablo brought in the past. I have some ideas about some new classes i will just mention here shortly.

1. Clerik - a new holy warrior, but more focused on healing and buff magics than other holy warriors, and also doing a lot more holy damage than other classes.
  2. Ninja - like the dark\shadow version of the Monk but also with magic in the mix. A fast fighter, based on speed and evasion, with a good amount of elemental spells also.
  3. Warlock - even though i would also like a different name for it, like Black\Dark Mage, or Demon Mage, a mage specialized only in summoning demons, using hell powers and spells, demonic curses, and so on. I think it would be perfect as a new summoner\spellcaster class, especially with the new story and theme direction.

I would also like to see some class based on some middle east folklore, some arabian warrior\mage…

Last but not least, will there be some mercenary\follower system for the solo players? I would really like it to be there… or even better, to choose our mercenaries from the other classes.

I had some ideas about what i would like to see in D4 so i will just leave the link here for who wants to read it, be it Blizzard or community :slight_smile:
Cancel the spaces for the link… it doesn’t let me to post it

https:// docs .google. com/document/d/1iMbfDHBi_GywZTnX9fXLBzIihYA1B5kKRn2ptn1C4Xg/edit?usp=sharing

2 Likes

To post a link:

1. Paste the link in your post.
  2. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  3. Click Reply.

Your link will look like this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iMbfDHBi_GywZTnX9fXLBzIihYA1B5kKRn2ptn1C4Xg/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Loved the trailer,liked the gameplay, looking forward on how it will turn out, i liked the multiplayer approach,but dont be much restrictive,we need clan wars in diablo 4! just remember that!

Most likely they could be introduced in future expansions, it seems they will use the expansion system in WOW with a d3 season mesh. time will tell. It seems lillith has to revive the nephalims first to combat the lords of hell,as for the moment,it seems there is no one to stand against them.

I mentioned this on other posts, but I just want to give blizzard an idea…

Open world:

with the power vacuum throughout the world as a result of Malthael…
we have an opportunity… Tyrael foresaw that one day the Nephalem will have a choice to make between being tempted to Evil, or remain Good… but inside him beats a mortal heart…

let us make that decision blizzard… you already hinted at it… I noticed…
let WE the players decide how to affect this power vacuum… if you want D4 to have an MMO feeling but with Diablo gameplay, Diablo fun, Diablo take on the whole idea… then it’s the perfect time for WE the players to be tempted…

obviously I am tempted to follow Lilith… let me betray heaven… and let others stay pure… you are Blizzard right? bring Diablo that Horde VS. Alliance feeling…

it would work perfectly…

faction system in place would also help the PvP… imagine a PvP zone where us Lilith cultists find some Tyrael goodygoodytwoshoes… what would go down? that’s right breh, time for a power vacuum struggle between us the players!

blizzard let us settle this power vacuum in the world, with our fists… or in this case our blizzards and whirlwinds, and our Shakos and our SoJs… hehehehhehhehe

HEIL LILITH

Dont like that idea…

they mentioned non-linear story…

Skyrim pulled off factions perfectly… players get to decide whether to be StormCloaks OR Imperials…

don’t get me wrong I don’t want Diablo to be like WoW…
if I wanted that I would just go play WoW…

what I’m saying is this… Heaven closed their gates to humanity and forced us to manage ourselves…

let me betray heaven…
let me be a Lilith slave…

Lilith is like a Horde leader
Tyrael is like Alliance leader

let us decide how this shared open world feels…