Diablo Immortal?

Any update on when D:I is coming please? some of us have been patiently waiting and haven’t heard nothing.

Waiting to play here

1 Like

After 2 Blizzcon’s ago, they said D:I would be delivered in first quarter of next year (early 2019).

Nothing is being said about the delivery date.
Sounds like it may never be ready for sale.

3 Likes

It’s dead vvvvvvvvvvv(20)

12 Likes

Seems like the development of DI stopped.

Let’s hope D4 does not follow DI’s fate!

3 Likes

Immortal looks amazing, but I won’t be playing it on a friggen phone. Are you guys crazy? Enjoy your 6 inch screen. Ridiculous

5 Likes

Are you really waiting for it, though?

Are you?

7 Likes

Tablets are much larger than 6 inches and plenty of emulators for PC to play mobile games on.

4 Likes

I have Android on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A and my LinuxMint 19.2 PC.

1 Like

I was there and don’t remember any date being given. I went back and looked through all the press releases for Blizzcon 2018 and yeah - no release date was given. Not even an estimate.

Diablo: Immortal does not have a release date. In an interview with Polygon, Blizzard wouldn’t commit to a 2019 release window, assuring us that the mobile game was still early in development.

During a Quarterly earnings call for investors in early Feb 2019, NetEase did comment on the game. Wiki and some fan sites mention NetEase saying during 2019, that the game was “mostly done from their perspective but Blizz will finish and release on their schedule”.

Note - articles about it said there is still no release date.

Blizz later clarified on Nov 1, 2019 that there is still not a release date. That was done via the Blog article on the front of the D3 websites. Diablo Immortal Update - Diablo III

-No release date was given at Blizzcon in Nov 2018.
-No release date was given by NetEase in early 2019
-No release date was given by Blizzard during 2019.
-Confusion likely is from people taking what NetEase said in early 2019 and implying that it meant imminent release, despite NetEase clearly saying release was up to Blizz.

4 Likes

I would have played to D:I but as D4 has been announced, I won’t.
Blizz should develop a new franchise for the Mobile platform, there’s plenty game thematic possible and of course something new attract new fans instead of disappointing them.

2 Likes

What… You guys don’t have phones?

6 Likes

My wife plays her mobile games on her 27 I’m monitor on her PC. Don’t remember what she uses but it’s funny seeing merge dragons on the big monitor.

1 Like

I had a weird theory on why it is delayed:

They might be working on a PC port for it, since there was a big outcry for it only being on Mobile.

But I could be very wrong, and they are just waiting for the right time to release it, with the least amount of backlash.

2 Likes

Not a weird thought at all. I have thought about that too. I kind of wish they would make a PC port. That is one of the things that upset people during Blizzcon - see the booing when it was confirmed it would not be on PC.

That would be logical.

2 Likes

We don’t have an anticipated release date or window to share yet. We did provide a small update about the game’s progress at BlizzCon this year (where we also had a new playable demo), and Wyatt followed that up with a post on the Diablo Immortal subreddit for interested folks who wanted more context. It admittedly was probably easy to miss amidst all the Diablo IV news, but that announcement needed to have its own space to shine. There’s a lot of Diablo being worked on right now, and we want to be very clear about what part of the franchise we’re discussing at any given time (largely to avoid confusion or misunderstandings).

I don’t have much more to share than that, but when we do, we won’t be shy about it. We know there’s a fair amount of you interested in what we’ve been working on, and we’re eager to show it—when it’s ready. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

The outcry was because they announced a mobile phone game instead of a PC game. Why would anyone with a PC be interested in a port of a mobile phone game?

14 Likes

Where is this even coming from, do you not read articles on the front page of the D3 website?

I’m sure there are some people out there who would want to play it on PC, hence that big “Boooooo” when Lord Fluffy asked if it was coming to PC too. (I know you can use an emulator on PC, but a legit PC port would do more good than harm imo.)

1 Like

That was the biggest part of it, yes. However…

You should be asking LordFluffy who put that question to the Devs at Blizzcon. You should also be asking all the people who loudly booed when the answer was no, it was phone only. Wyatt seemed shocked people wanted it on PC…hence the “don’t you all have phones” comment after the booing.

People would not be asking if they did not want to play it on PC too. People would not be making derisive comments about “mobile only” if some did not want it on PC.

6 Likes

Hope it won’t be a rushed and unfinished games like Warcraft 3 Reforged.

I am still waiting for Diablo Immortal release.

3 Likes