Diablo III PTR 2.7.8 - Has Concluded

Diablo III PTR 2.7.8 - Has Concluded

The Diablo III Patch 2.7.8 PTR begins on September 17 and lasts one week. Join us in testing technical updates for Mac.

View Full Article

6 Likes

I thought someone bumped an old thread for a second. No changes to anything but a glimpse of next Season theme? All aside, why Shadows of the Past or Shades of Nephalem whatever, is the next one? I thought you’d wait for it. Another Season to shine Necromancers was really necessary?

I wonder if drinking a Father Potion, activating a random Shrine effect, will trigger the Clone.

Hmm…  

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad some technical changes are coming. It just seems strange for it to be a PTR.

2 Likes

Strange to have a PTR for so little (visible) changes.

Still, at least we found out that the 4th cube slot & Shadow Clones is the next theme.

Hey, here’s a suggestion: fix the frigging bugs with the Shadow Clones this time! For example 2/3 of the crusader clones were utterly broken the last time.

1 Like

Are the new Mac executables already available?

So far, the order of the repeated themes is S25, S20, S24, S22.

Hmm. Not much of a pattern to build any predictions on.

4 Likes

WHOAH!!! Patch? PTR? I thought the game was on maintenance mode and there wouldn’t be anymore patches or PTR. Not complaining, just genuinely surprised.

2 Likes

Me too. I thought “oh boy, our local Paul Blart is going to have a reason to post again”.

Season to dust off my Monk

1 Like

Yeah, it’s good that Bliz is keeping D3 running for the Mac players. Hopefully, they will for Windows too as it advances.

4 Likes

It went back and forth in the Season theme introductions if you are looking for a pattern. Still it doesn’t make it any easier to pinpoint the next one.

My guess for this Season was Season 19, Pandemonium since a new D4 expansion is around the corner or Season 27 The Light’s Call for its crucibles. I thought they would wait for Shades of Nephalem since merely a Season have passed over the Forbidden Archives where Necromancers shun over everyone else. Looking at this scheme, I think the Light’s Calling could still be the next one after Shades of Nephalem. Why yes, I can still be wrong on the bet even after establishing an accurate pattern.
Also, I can’t help but notice that they usually keep Pandemonium season for something special such as D4 announce. Are they cooking something else in the kitchen to hold this Season back for so long? There are rumors about a new Diablo game with a twist, perhaps they await to announce that?

D3 does need a final balance patch,this patch only requires Devs to spend 2 days developing.

1 Like

There’s so many abilities that need a single damage modifier on a Legendary item to be viable and this company can’t even be bothered.

Don’t waste your time helping them test any of this. Let them do it themselves.

2 Likes

Any of those developers who only would spend five minutes to multiply arbitrary variables picked by players in the code by hundred, could be more useful elsewhere, anywhere. They could be working on any other game that help their pipeline of intellectual properties rather than working on an unmonetized, decade old one. To add, any changes made by developers has to be tested for a while, and I bet most of Quality Assurance or game testers are busy with monetized titles right now. I don’t need to be an expert or working with Blizzard to tell you that.

While it would be nice, I wouldn’t hope on any drastic changes or tweaks. This PTR supposed to be a clear message that their development is done and no matter how hard you demand more power, it won’t happen soon. It is unless they’re running all these reruns of Season themes to tweak something later; where they did not even bothered to change some old Ethereal power multipliers. To be frank, I wouldn’t expect something to change.

In case you really want more damage, try to test the options of wielding a 2-handed weapon instead of 1-handed or dual wield. Going by simple mathematics; a 2-handed weapon deals more damage at the loss of attack speed. This is a trade off that you should accept when you want more damage output with stutter steps.
Only when you have no way of using a 2-handed setup due having too many mandatory powers, then you can test the ways of including more Area Damage% or Elemental Skill Damage% by switching up equipment pieces. In return, you should be able to include more debuffs or buffs for a larger damage output. If you feel that it’s not entirely fair or stuck, then share what you found with developers, and they could take your feedback at face value.

When developers embed “choose between this or that trait” as a draw back, intentionally, then they wouldn’t let you ignore it by amplifying everything with a hundred in a whim. When you demand 100 times more power because your fish can not climb a tree, it doesn’t mean more power classify under “QoL” changes.
Build performances are bound by gameplay testing for its risk, reward, obstacles and many other factors in the design and arrayed by comparison. You may think a build have it easier than yours, until you play it yourself to find out that the build you envied actually very dense at inputs, or gets interrupted easily; sometimes both.

Sure, I can not read everything accurately by the design but I can tell you that no developer would take you serious unless you experiment around the game and I can’t stress this enough. If you have “a theory” about the judgment of the developers, they would ignore you because this is not how giving feedback works. It has been ten years, everything is at its place because it was justified by multiple game testing sequences along the years.

I wonder how many Mac D3 players are around to test this? And how PC players will know they’ve connected with a Mac player.

Somebody get a message to Whoopie. We need her to download D3 and add us as friends to do some testing :rofl:

In all seriousness, if we were being asked to test Altar and Fissures stability in NS… I’d be helping out in a heart beat.

Yes, the one positive everyone can take from this PTR.

Remember, they’re not the decision makers.

1 Like

DMO Magic Missiles needs a bit of a buff, can’t rely on a seasonal them (crucibles) in order for it to be playable beyond T16 farm.

2 Likes

But… what if I am Tim the Toolman Taylor and… I WANT MORE POWER!!! ARRR ARRR ARRR ARRR ARRR!

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a problem with DH clones getting reflected by Spinners when using Nemesis bracers?
I don’t recall a fix for that, other than the workaround of not using Nems in HC.
It could also be fatal in Act2 Oasis.

1 Like

Did AI write this post? So much nonsense in there, what a waste of time reading that was.

3 Likes