Diablo III PTR 2.7.8 - Has Concluded

I won’t give you a cake recipe, 4k posters or t-shirt and mug designs just because you have been posting the same thing, that’s for sure.

Play many different builds and experiment with the builds yourself on their setup; that is important to get rid of any bias you might have. Experiment and share your findings here to compare and if developers see it worthy, then nothing stops them to change anything. When developers ask for a feedback on a new build or item, they want to know “how it feels”. For player to answer this question, they need to compare their experience with the new thing to something else within’ the boundaries of this game.

When you just push an online guide under developers’ nose as a “support” to your claims, they would ignore it. Odds are, they already considered the online guides and builds like that many times when deciding the power of the build in its current state. You are telling them, that this guide you have applied for your character needs more work; which is not the developers’ problem. If you believe some online guide writer knows better than the developers themselves, then this is not their concern either.

Servers keep your rift clear records and they would know that if you mean what you have said or just splitting hairs on theories. At current state of the game, any build you have balanced its attributes and aspects, supposed to do well with only set back being their cognitive skill checks. If skill checks feel unjust at tracking and maintaining compared to another build then tell the developers and they will have a look at it.
Thanks for reading my rants to a degree, I guess.

Maybe D3 is getting some “new/old stuff” in the future. Never know. D3 stock has been going up since D4 adopted many of its systems in its PTR.

Blizzard sees the amount of people that still play D3. Look at what they did for D2, they could do the same for D3. However, I would rather they release 2 more DLC. Wiz/WD/Neco are Int classes, Barb/Sader are Str classes, Monk/DH are Dex classes. One more Str (warrior or something akin to one) and one more Dex class (druid or shaman) would be nice. Then a final balance patch. I am certain that it will make Blizz money. Obviously, it’s not the same as D4 or DI money, but it’s still money. I would buy those 2 DLCs.

1 Like

Yeah, that was a major issue with the DH. Also, for all classes, the ‘clones’ wouldn’t follow you to the next level. That was so annoying. Oh, look a shrine or pylon on level one, right before you get to level 2, let me tag it. Woot clones. Go to level two. NO CLONES! Whaaa? Go back to level one. You got to be kidding me! There they are just standing there waiting to expire. Hopefully those 2 issues will be fixed. Seem like a ‘technical’ issue. It won’t matter if you use a mac or a pc.

no, shadows only activate when tapping a Shrine or Pylon, I’ve been playing on the switch emulator with all the seasonal themes enabled on NS

Seems that forum haven’t a private messages systems. How to open the 4th slot and altar on switch? I’ve found only shards, ethereals and crucibles.

Doing a PTR and a patch and not doing any game play changes is extremely disappointing. I’m not talking about adding content , but it’s clear even a few number changes here and there would help tremendously

2 Likes

I couldn’t tell you how to do it on the console, I understand that in the emulator you can have all the themes because you execute a hexadecimal code that “unlocks” each theme from seasons 17 to 29

It’s D3’s first foray into the world of Metal. Trust me, firsties need PTRs.

Yeah, D3’s in a fairly poor state even in Windows. It shouldn’t be hitching like crazy on a 4090 but yup, it sure does. Maybe if they’d let us have a setting to make the spell effects more opaque so they aren’t seizure inducing it might actually tax the GPU enough to keep it in performance mode without forcing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: And just found out it’s still OpenGL, not Metal. But will still be fat binary so native for modern macs. That definitely warrants a PTR as that’s a pretty odd combo.

3 Likes

I 've used also switch emu. So wanna to see this codes. If you can, share pls *.txt file with them

That’s cos the reflect damage of spinners should be removed from the game. Instadeath is not good game programming.

and yet they can’t fix the myriad console issues…go figure.

Meh. It’s somewhat broken on PC too. Performance is abysmal for the hardware I’m using. All is not shiny roses in Windowsland either.

2 Likes

I just wonder sometimes how many server / hardware / network resources D3 is left with, these days…