DIABLO III PTR 2.7.1 | Has Ended

" * Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.’

This line item alone will stop my from playing season 24 altogether.

5 Likes

I was decently excited about this, until I read the part where the ethereals are only for season. I understand only being able to find them during season- that’s cool, and makes them rare, and unique. Not being allowed to keep them though? Why? :frowning: I felt like the rug got pulled out from underneath me.

6 Likes

So much this.

Indeed. That is most disappointing.

On the positive side; the patch had a few nerfs! Moar :heart_eyes:
If we ignore the “season only” issue, I dont particularly mind the season theme either. Very nice that they only exist as drop, and cant be gambled/cubed!

Incredibly boring thing to do. Then at least etherals is, somewhat, better.

I wish I could +100 this

2 Likes

Season theme:
Ethereal items not transferring to non-season already makes them pointless to farm AND you also need to get really lucky for them to roll the affixes you want (EDIT: read it again, and the affixes are fixed…, so hope that Blizzard puts the right affixes on them) AND the legendary power you want AND a passive that you want. Unless they roll with some godly stats, I don’t see anyone actually using one.

To make matters even worse you made them rarer than Ancient items. /facepalm

If anything, the drop rate of Ethereals should be the same as for Legendaries so they aren’t such a pain to farm.

Inna set changes:
Last season I loved playing a WoL Inna Monk, and these changes just killed the build.

And what do we get instead, the good: the Inna set finally gets some needed damage reduction on it. And to me that’s it.

The meh: everything else?

• The Monk itself now does negligible damage, it only exists to spam spender abilities to reset Mystic Ally as fast as possible.

• The math people can probably confirm this, but given the change to the Bindings of the Lesser Gods, the only usable Mystic Ally will be the Fire Ally. Not sure why you guys even bothered to change the damage of the Earth Ally.

• We get damage reduction on the Inna set, but with the change to the 6-piece bonus, your extra mystic allies need to be spawned by hitting enemies and they only last 15 seconds. So not only is the damage bonus not at max at all times, neither is the damage reduction.

• With the change to the 6-piece bonus we also lose the utility of the other allies. No more healing from the Enduring Ally, no more 100/200 spirit refill from the Air Ally.

• And all our damage is now tied to a 30 second cooldown. At least we already geared for Zodiac/CDR to have Epifany always active.

The set may as well be much more powerful now (the math people can probably confirm this), but it sucks that the old playstyle is now dead. Same with how the Rathma set was completely changed to rely on cooldown abilities for all your damage.

I love pet sets, I really do, and it’s nice that the Mystic Allies are getting a boost to their damage, but you shouldn’t have killed the Monk’s damage to achieve that. They should have left the set with the same bonuses, but add the Damage Reduction to the 4-piece bonus, and have the 6-piece bonus apply to Mystic Allies too. The Crudest Boots or Bindings of the Lesser Gods could have an additional trait that makes all your Mystic Allies be the Fire Ally, or whatever Ally you have selected. Adjust the math to balance it. This way the Inna set could retain its current playstyle options, and have a summoning version available.

2 Likes

If you don’t raffe crusader, necro and rifle last time wd, lower the firebird wizard a bit … it excels over others in a solo game.

Looks like S24 is on the best way to be the worst Season EVER! You need much grinding to get those new items but can’t keep them after end of Season? What a waste of timelife.

6 Likes

Drop rate “between ancient and primal” is a wide range, but sounds incredibly frustrating. Getting a certain class item as ancient without Kadala or reforge can already be pretty hard and this is even lower. But you can get them in the two hours under 70 already, yay.

Sounds like they drag&dropped some D2R items in and called it a day.

And the monk - if it’s any good they will again ruin it on final patch anyway, so why even bother testing it.

1 Like

It’ll be funny when D2R launches and they’re exactly the same item models as the ethereals in D3.

just 1 question, will the era reset after season ends? since sader and necro got nerfed and maybe inna monk got buffed

Sure, it is written in the introduction :

But dudes this is business.
It is designed to trigger nostalgia and improve sales.
Like a marketing campaign for Diablo II in Diablo III.
That does not work on me.

I already bought D2 Resurrected. :joy:

1 Like

Why won’t Ethereals stay after season omg? They are cool idea (as a core game, if can’t drop them anymore then yes remove them). Anyway if freezing won’t get fixed this will be first season I won’t play.

5 Likes

Who plays non season anyway?
Who has room in his non seasonal stash for some gimmick items?
I’m getting more and more on the throw-everything-away-after-season trip, thanks to the ridiculous stash in this game.

1 Like

Wait, Are we keeping our follower armor stuff next season? Or is it going back to boring Follower Equipping…

According to Raxx, the Legendary Power+passive is not even a single tier buff compared to a non-seasonal char. He says, it will all depend on ‘powerful set of affixes on weapon’ which the patch note says

I’m now wondering, will monk be the most played this season? or current wizard still top tier

Sad to say but if they only fixed the freezing bug it would have been a huge thing for the players. Season 24-season of that one time we actually fix our s#$t.

5 Likes

Ditto…Will era be reset? My guess is no…

1 Like

This is a horrible inversion of S23. Whereas S23 had no seasonal theme and only changes to the game itself, S24 has almost no updates to items and sets, and creates a fleeting illusion of chase items that will disappear at the end of the Season.

Why? Why deny these items permanence?

4 Likes

I do. Many do. Speak for yourself.

2 Likes

So, it’s about the same as Season 23 + a salt and pepper shaker.
The burning question is, will this ‘theme’ be permanent like the follower update?

1 Like