DIABLO III PTR 2.7.1 | Has Ended

Ethereals cannot be Enchanted

hahahahahahaaa best joke ever. really looking forward to all these useless weapons that come with vitality and life per hit

3 Likes

We’ll see what they’re like tomorrow. If affixes aren’t useful, it’s going to be a good idea for us to give feedback before the season starts.

Any ETA when PTR starts?

what shall i say about the new PTR coming up.
Playing more than 20 years of diablo now with his ups and down.

You are going to introducing new weapons/ethereals to the coming season.
When i read further i see that you want to get them away again if season stop and that they wont go to non-season.
A very strong point in diablo gaming has always been that there where items that only could be found in season .
However when season stopped they transfered to non-season and you had a item/items that a lot of players didnt have on the non-season :star_struck: :muscle:

I think it should be more fun to play for this new weapons in coming season if its possible that a few can stay alive for non-season when season ends. Maybe you can consider that they stay alive for only 1 character on non-season and rest vanish.

thx

I’d say in about 5-8 hours. It really depends on when they decide to flip the switch. There is no official start time.

I was looking for the ETA on this as well. PTR installed ok but I wasn’t able to log in yet because of ‘server maintenance’.

Access to the PTR is usually granted mid to late afternoon Pacific Time, where it’s currently 06:15. So, 8-12 hours from now, most likely.

Eh, since the PTR is gonna have increased legendary drop rate will it affect ethereal drops?
Are ETH’s considered some form of legendaries?

Also, how I like this wording “drop rate between ancient and primal” :slight_smile:
If it is closer to primal then some folks might play and never even see one drop, lol.
I remember (not taking into account GR70 completion) not seeing a single primal in 700 paragons…
That might literally mean that you will play season with a seasonal feature but there is a chance you will never get to experience it.

And literally wow, there is not even a preview of a single ETH to see what you will be dealing with. WOW.

Community Manager confirmed this…

Within 5 minutes of the PTR being made available to players they’ll have opened up a PTR vendor cache and seen all 21 of them. Was three or four days too much of a tease?

1 Like

anyone what time PTR starts for ~EU

As others have stated, it could be anywhere from 1 to ~7 hours from now.

Also keep in mind that the PTR Forum usually opens about 2 hours after the PTR went live, so that people first test the patch before posting on the PTR Forum.

1 Like

Since there is only one PTR, it starts for everyone at the same time. As for the time, most likely any point from now to 7 or 8 hours more.

1 Like

I don’t know is it too much or too little tease but it clearly shows that uploading a few pictures or giving a text description of their seasonal item, at least one is definitely too much for them.

Oh YEAH, an thanks blizz for making me either play PTR or wait till someone uploads some videos/pictures to see what the seasonal ETH item looks like.

Witch Doctor has Manajuma’s Way Weapon with 6 piece Arachyr set “the Angry Chicken build” . Granted the Angry Chicken build is nearly too weak for even t16 farming I think still worth noting.

Also, thanks for clarifying this. Appreciate.

But now I realize that playing PTR to evaluate and have an idea of how frequent their drop will be is basically useless since PTR will be dropping more and maybe even MUCH more.

I think the PTR is 10X drop rates. If you just look at in game PTR drops (not goatman purchases), divide your ethereal acquisition rate by 10 to get a sense of the rate on the love server. If you get one ethereal drop per hour on the PTR, I would estimate it would be 10 hours for a similarly geared character once the season goes live assuming no change happened.

Hey folks PTR is now live.

8 Likes

Jumping in immediately, thanks!

if i collect all 21 transmogs on my softcore seasonal are those transmogs going to be available for my hardcore characters as well?
hardcore transmogs and softcore transmogs are seperate and i really can’t play 7 different class for hardcore.

3 Likes

This is a good question. I would also like to know the answer to this question. Because it makes a big difference: 7 characters or 14 to play.