Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

• Defiler Cuisses: Bone Spirit’s damage is increased by 400% to 500% for every second it is active and will also freeze enemies on impact.

so cool skill and so boring mechanics :confused: :frowning_face:

the best patch since the game was released. Improving solo play by buffing follower, filtered LB so we are not forced to play the strongest builds if we want to compete on LB and the changes affects non season.

i guess some reasonable person joined d3 team after so long

9 Likes

Excited by these follower changes, but a bit let down about the LB changes. What changes they made are a move in the right direction for sure, but until the Solo leader board is for real full time solo players, it’s still just nonsense.

2 Likes

I am surprised to see that a system like Followers is actually getting a full revamp for a game of this age, which is great. Maybe we can see some revamps to other system and some skills as well as in one of the next patches.

The new follower skills are a good mix of utility, crowd control and also cheat death effects, so that is very good. Just be careful to not put two CC skills in the same skill row, as not every build wants to have CC on the follower.

While we are already on the topic of Followers you might also wanna slightly rework the Legendary Follower Tokens, because currently only the token that makes them invulnerable is actually useful. So why not integrate the invulnerability into the other two tokens?

• Your Follower does not take damage anymore and has access to all of his skills.
  • Your Follower does not take damage anymore and the cooldown of his skills are reduced by 50% (or maybe just 30% if it is better for balance).

That would make these two tokens finally useful.

===================

And just one last idea for Followers at the end: what about being able to have all 3 Followers with you at the same time in a single player game? And 1 Follower in a multi player game? Maybe there can be a special item that gives you access to all three of them. I know, that would also require a rework of the Unity ring, but I just find the thought of a small party interesting to think about.

10 Likes

I hope at the end of the soon-to-come-season, that they rework the Asheara’s set too to include some advantage in choosing it as a build.

This looks like fun.

5 Likes

How about the Follower also get the Paragon frome the Hero as Mainstat … or are you afraid, that to many Ppl will go as Z-Build with Ashara´s ?

Otherwise most of the Options to fully equip them wouldnt make too much Sense, coz the Stats frome the Gear alone wouldnt really Help.
Flavor+Rings+Nemesis …

Also.
Pls add RoRG + Orotz to the List for Emanate
Esp. with the Enchantress new Skill, you would like to experiment a bit with the SoJ. But a lot of Builds are already bound to one or both of the above mentiond Rings.
:slight_smile: :sunflower:

Will leaderboards be reset for this era?

I think this changes are pretty good. I was expecting a lot less for an eight year old game. I hope this kind of support for this game continues for a while :slight_smile: :seedling:

1 Like

Here is some feedback on the items:

Firebird & Deathwish

It is great that Firebird is getting a rework, but why does it also has to include Disintegrate as a core skill / mechanic for this build?

At the moment I do not have an alternative idea, but I can certainly say that Wizards are already kinda over-saturated with builds that use Channelling Skills, so putting Disintegrate as a core mechanic into the Firebird set was odd to see.

On the topic of Channelling Skils, it is important to mention that the Wizard-focused Legendary Sword Deathwish is by far one of the most problematic items in the game as it funnels a lot of Wizard builds into channelling builds, even if they just use chanelling as a means to buff their other skills.

Just make it so that Deathwish only buffs Channelling Skills and increase its damage bonus a bit. That would already do a lot for the health of the Wizard class.

Teleport

Another thing is that Teleport benefits from Combustion, instead of reworking Teleport on a base level, which is much more important, since not only Firebird builds use Teleport and because the Wizard community is asking since a long time for improvements to Teleport.

This here are some changes that could benefit Teleport a lot:

• Teleport can have 2 Charges instead of a Cooldown.
  • Gain 1 Charge all 8 seconds instead of an 11 second Cooldown.
  • the Wormhole rune adds a 3rd Charge.
  • the Reversal rune gets replaced with one that removes the Charges and makes Teleport cost ~30 Arcane Power per use.
  • Illusionist no longer resets the Cooldown on Teleport, but gives ~15-20% Cooldown Reduction and 15-20% Reduced Resource Costs to Teleport.
  • Disable the ‘Reduces Cooldown of Teleport by 1-4 seconds’ affix on The Oculus.
  • replace the Legendary Affix of The Oculus with something like ‘Teleport gains the Save Passage rune’.
  • replace the Legendary Affix of Aetherwalker with something like ‘Deal 150% increased damage for 5 seconds after you used Teleport’.

Maybe you can make it so that the 4piece bonus of the Firebird set gives you Damage Reduction per Combustion Stack instead of Combustion reducing the Cooldown of Teleport. That way you still keep the interaction between Combustion Stacks and the 6piece bonus of Firebirds.

Bones of Rathma

This is a really great redesign of the set. A Rathma build will now play much more like a Summoner Necro in D2, which is nice.

I only have two minor complaints about it:

• the 2 piece set bonus could also let attacks of your minions reduce the recharge time of Bone Spirit by a certain amount, or maybe have a chance to reduce it
  • the Defiler Cuisses could simply increase the damage of Bone Spirit by a static, but large amount (e.g. 3000%) instead of increasing the amount based on how long the spirit travels.

Another minor idea to think about is that there could be a mechanic that increases your minions damage by xxx% for x seconds after you casted Bone Spirit, to kinda double down on the interaction of Bone Spirit, Army of the Dead and your minions.

4 Likes

I don’t know if there will be many builds for followers or not but an idea could be to add a few tabs in the armory exclusive for followrs, to switch builds.

give a beer to this man, if they add all the “crafting” sets, it will open a lot of options to builds that lack in either damage or survability

2 Likes

Follower update gets the win for me. All those slots means more storage so I can free up stash space! Emanate is a nice QOL like extra utility cube slots.

7 Likes

Why is blizzard using old Era clears to do current balance changes? Most notably to witch doctor spirit barrage.

They never reset the era leaderboards after a previous balance patch and now they are nerfing spirit barrage even more because they are looking at clears almost a year ago.

GG Blizzard

Current highest Witch Doctor Mundunugus clear is a 145 for non season. This nerf will make it about 138 max. What gives?

3 Likes

Squirt’s, CoE, and Aquilla would certainly be too powerful to be included in the Emanate Feature, even more so than Flavor of Time, which is kind of a borderline case.

However, Ess of Johan certainly would be great to have on the Emanate Feature.

Ring of Royal Grandeur and the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac are imo also too powerful to be included in this feature.

It would lead to a situation where most build would use the same rings & amulets on their character and the Followers:
Unity, RoRG, CoE, ORotZ, etc.

It would just be too powerful.

See my response above, and to add to that, with RoRG you had to adjust your build more severely everytime you go from single player into multiplayer.

4 Likes

Yeah, definitely agreed with all of these.

As much as I consider the 2.7 change a huge step in the right direction, a more interesting system probably would have been if there were more specific follower legendaries, who they themselves benefit from (and might benefit us indirectly, like the Oculus ring). Instead of just serving as additional slots for our legendaries. But this is of course easier to implement.

1 Like

Barbarians didn’t get mentioned at all. I’m not sure if I should feel relieved they didn’t get nerfed or slighted because they didn’t get even a miniscule boost to an otherwise useless build.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for the positive BUFFS made in this patch.
IT’s very welcome and hoped for a long time it would come.
100%.

Now , in order to address this statement by the developers -
Developer’s Note: Mundunugu’s Regalia is overperforming compared to other sets. This change to Gazing Demise should simplify the gameplay mechanic while reducing its damage output."

In order to address that, here is the following -->

I hope that all WD players, or many more, at least, who are able to jump into the Diablo 3 forums, will voice that nerfing the spirit barrage (gemise item) build is NOT the way to go.

If the developers are concerned that the other sets or items for WDs in a specific build is underperforming, they should IMPROVE THAT OTHER SETS or items in those WD builds that are worse, in order to have them perform better.

WD’s are no where near catching up to other classes in GR pushing, not anywhere near in support builds for team GR pushing either. Spirit Barage build was the ONLY build trying to move forward to that end in only one specific area, SOLO GR PUSHING.

This tactic of nerfing gemise is…
To put it bluntly, this is the lazy person’s approach, the limited thinking approach
(limits thinking to prevent a mind sent of working to the ends of improving the things that are underperforming)
nerf something good, to make it more close to the other sets that are not good

Improving the game is about IMPROVING.
Is this redundant? Yes, it is, but it’s to emphasize that the key is to improve the other sets and items.

Diablo 3 is a lot of work, a WHOLE LOT OF WORK, grinding, farming GR keys, BURNING a lot of GR keys, skipping a lot of awful maps which really should have no place in GRs, waiting for the right gear, farming for paragon levels, gear, crafting materials and so on.

Making the hill steeper for the players , passing the load of work to the players, when the workload is already immense in this game, that’s not what is fun for the players.

Make things, items, sets, maps, the whole game… make them better.
Don’t opt for the nerf solution as your go-to approach.

Heading to progress collectively is better than heading to substandard levels collectively

6 Likes

So ther is no need to play Season this time other then a pet?

1 Like

You mean other than the other things that go along with it being a season and not non-season? You have no love at all for starting from scratch and conquests and the seasons journey?

6 Likes

So this will only work for solo play? or will this revamp also allow for players to have followers in groups for the first time ever?