Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

I told you two posts ago, that you can’t put class specific sets on followers.
The shadow set is not class specific, any class can put it on. afair it’s the only of its kind.

as for the reason why:

• more stash space, the most important reason
  • I have tons of unused set items which the perfect stats and augments
1 Like

My apologies for misunderstanding you. But, your exact words were:

You said nothing about “class specific sets”. And I’m not a mind reader.  

2 Likes

ok. I have to agree since there is exactly one class set that can be equipped on followers

a class set is the same as class specific set

1 Like

Nope. There’s at least one set per class (except Necromancer) that gives class-specific bonuses but can be equipped by any class, e.g. Immortal King, Might of the Earth, Thorns of the Invoker, Natalya’s Vengeance, The Shadow’s Mantle.

This came up for Season 22, because it meant that you can actually accomplish the “Do GR55s in 6 different sets” conquest on a single hero by putting on one of the non-restricted class sets onto a hero of another class.

2 Likes

Good, it was really necessary this nerff to the only viable set of dh, I do not think and if it is the only viable is for ina lack of attention to this pj. since I’ve been playing since 2015 and it’s been sunk into misery, when you pulled out this GOD set at last this character was competitive while thrilling to be able to catch up with other pj. of the game, however this nerff is too serious to make attractive the desire to play with this character (being for me, my favorite class), if this rpp leaves it in these conditions I think I am not the only one who thinks it is disheartening and unfortunately for me it is no longer attractive to play Diablo 3

Thank you.  

I was going to post this, but I was tired of jumping into the game, taking screenshots, uploading the images, embedding them here and feeling like I still was not getting through. So, I gave up.

the wizard firebird tal rasha combo and the necromancer rathma set in 2,7 ptr is just a useless piece of crap. what good is dps if they get 1 shot in gr70 and they move so slow it takes 10 minutes to complete a gr70 and why the hell will u guys nerf the GoD DH to the point where i can solo gr130 ns now i can barely even do 90 and the merc is also useless. what good is a million dps on a garbage merc gonna do when all the emnates are useless except favor of time

2 Likes

anyway. let followers be able to equip ANY set item from any class

Why? They can’t get the set bonuses from them, because those bonuses are for class-specific abilities, which the followers do not have.

1 Like

I want to put unused class sets on the unused followers. which means that for every toon I can store two entire sets and free up my stash. my 17 toons would allow me to store 34 sets and by doing so freeing up 204 items in my stash…

all of my playable toons already have the last two rows full with set items from their class…

2 Likes

They want to use their Followers as mules.

3 Likes

My 2cents worth.

The new follower is welcome. It’s adding a lot to my game play and build capability. The “emanates” could be better chosen, but I’m glad they are starting. I’d like to see them spread to many or all other Legendaries for full integration.

I play solo normally and this could be kin to building my own group to cover holes in my builds or augment my skills.

Question 1: I’m using Sages 3-piece that does say “emanate”. Without that notation, some legendaries like Maximus do work on the Follower. Will others do it, too? Is there a list?

Question 2: Are there other sets that will work on the follower?

1 Like

The current list of items with Emanate capabilities are the following:

• Broken Crown
  • Homing Pads
  • Spaulders of Zakara
  • Goldskin
  • Custerian Wristguards
  • Nemesis Bracers
  • Gladiator Gauntlets
  • Gloves of Worship
  • Dovu Energy Trap
  • Rakoff’s Glass of Life
  • Avarice Band
  • Krede’s Flame
  • The Flavor of Time
  • Sage’s Journey (3-piece set bonus)
  • Cain’s Destiny (3-piece set bonus)

If you equip the follower with a Ring of Royal Grandeur, 2 pieces of Cain’s and 2 pieces of Sage’s, they will Emanate the 3-piece bonus of both sets to the hero, i.e. double DBs and extra GR keys.

[ This was edited. Misunderstood first question asked. Apologies. ]

1 Like

You linked and quoted the list of items that currently Emanates.

I believe drkenrich is asking if there’s a list of Legendary and/or Set items that Followers benefit from that ARE NOT on the Emanates list.

@drkenrich

I don’t know of a full list of items that work for the Follower. But, there are some Follower guides on the internet that discuss Follower stats and BiS items. Unfortunately, they’re already outdated.

Icy Veins is good about updating their information for each Season:

Oh wow, never thought of that. I’ve been leveling a 2nd character all this time.

it is useless to start a new season because there is no season bonus it is absolutely useless i will skip the season 23 !!!

1 Like

You mean, the reset experience, double material rewards, stash tabs, cosmetics rewards aren’t enough?
So you only want a power buff right? :laughing:

3 Likes

I want something fun to play

how do you obtain the new set items for a different class in a reasonable way?

Smart Loot v2 means 85% of loot will be for your class, 15% is for the other classes, so whilst you’re playing you’ll get some set items for other classes.

Also, let’s say you’re playing a Barb, and you join a public group that has a Crusader in it, ask nicely if they’d drop any pieces of the non-restricted set they get for you, and offer to do the same for them with items from your class’s non-restricted set. That way you get pieces for the “opposite” class, but still with the right main stat.

1 Like