Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

spoken like a true blizz fanboi

Season 23 : season Of Soloer … it makes no sense toally no real season buff what the **** is that! it will be a boring season for group player!

i’m happy for solo player … but for group player it’s really ridiculous!

1 Like

It should be called the “Season of Abandonment”… Although Solo players may love it, the majority of the players are group… and I think it may become the least popular season ever (overall)… Especially for Witch Doctors…

Welcome back to “Searching for a game…” launches a game with only YOU in it…

1 Like

Why is the Gazing Demise nerf retroactive? Didn’t you guys say you don’t do that -change already existing legendary items, I mean? Bad Blizzard, bad! I was looking forward to the day a NS toon finally climbs higher than seasonal because A) no free sh!t falling from the sky, B) no cube shenanigans and C) we get to keep our juicy Gazing Demise. Well, scratch that last … rip mungu even off season.

1 Like

They don’t do retroactive changes when the new iteration of an item is more powerful than the old. They do when the new iteration is less powerful, or constitutes a significant change to how the item works - if they didn’t, people would just continue using the pre-nerf iteration. Makes sense, even if I’m personally annoyed by it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sorry but the majority is casual. So solo or casual group players just for having some fun.

1 Like

We’re asking for you to help us quell the tides of surging demons by giving us a seasonal theme. (You know, as the Follower re-work is permanent and also given to non-seasonal heroes).

3 Likes

Honestly, there should be no season theme for this exact reason.
To see how many people play season when there is no exclusive theme. And how many return to play non-season too.
That will be interesting data for Blizzard (and us, if we can get decent data on it).
Lessons they can use in the future for both D3 and D4.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how meaningful ‘least popular season’ is as a metric, if it coincides with changes that revitalize non-seasonal play. I’m very interested in the follower changes and hoping that Firebird emerges playable after testing and adjustments ( and makes up a little bit for the massive Wizard nerf last season), but unless the cosmetics are particularly cool I’ll probably play non-season for a change.

1 Like

I really doubt Season would be much less popular than it normally is.
But in the end, if the same amount of people end up playing, no matter if it is season or non-season, isnt that enough? Blizzard should care more about absolute player numbers, than trying to funnel people into season from non-season.

2.7.0 could be an interesting experiment to learn how much of an effect exclusive themes have.
Hopefully Blizzard learn that they are not needed at all, and would start making all themes available in both Season and Non-season in the future. Especially for D4.

4 Likes

Were you around when they brought in the new Hydra set? Then during PTR testing they noticed it’s too weak. Then they immediately increased damage number values (even though it still ended up being too weak later on)…

My point is this: I’m not asking for brand new gear, new spells, new skills or new powers. All I’m asking is this:
-open text file, scroll down to hydra, twister, archon damage
-increase numbers
-save file, patched

Do you think this simple task requires a team of 50 people or 12 months of testing? If they can increase damage on hydra the week of PTR then they can do this on other wizard builds. I love it when goofs like you blow this “request” way of out proportion. When I’m asking for a simple task that you and i can do in 30 seconds.

And last, it’s pretty obvious that Wizards don’t help much in 4 player metas. That’s why we see the same team configuration all the time but without wizards. It doesn’t require an explanation of physics to know wizards are lacking alot. All our builds got nerfed and we are left out of 4 player meta GR pushing.

1 Like

Oh? Are there real numbers for this?

1 Like

I love this change, moving from D2->D3 I think one of the complaints was D3 lost most of the ability to gear follower. So awesome change.

Question, is it possible to allow some type of system, so we can craft int gear for instance if you are a DH? this way we can still gear followers w/o having to create another INT char to get INT gear. or some other soln to allow for your main char to use any of the 3 followers. Although re-rolling the main stat is an option, just less ideal.

I fear it may cause INT chars to choose enchantress, DEX chars to go w/ scoundrel etc.

thanks, great change!

question is why we can’t put class set items on the follower

I do what I’ve always done:

I play a Demon Hunter.

• If I run with the Scoundrel…   no problem.
  • If I run with the Enchantress, I create a temporary Necro and let them roll items.
  • If I run with the Templar, I create a temporary Barb and let them roll items.

However, I agree with you, it would be nice to have an easier way to select main-stat.

I haven’t tested it yet, but I believe you can. If the Set doesn’t specifically say it’s for a specific Class. And they wouldn’t get the Bonuses from them because Followers don’t use Class Skills. (Except their own). And no Class Sets, even ones that any Class can equip, Emanates. So, your Character won’t benefit from your Follower wearing Class Sets either.

Maybe it’s time Blizzard developed some Follower Sets.  

Also, I wish they would add Cooldown Reduction to the Followers’ Details Sheet.

4 Likes

no, you can only equip crafted sets

Which Class Set(s) have you tried to equip on your Follower?

I tried necro and DH. says “wrong item”

Since main stats in D3 are silly and pointless anyway, maybe Blizzard should just change it so followers get their own main stat from all the different main stats.
So, a Scoundrel has a amulet with 500 int, and a weapon with 500 str => He gets 1000 dex from those two.

I just went in and tested it. It works. But, they can only equip Class Sets that have no Class designation.

In the image below, you can see my Demon Hunter with a full Unhallowed Set equipped. Notice, in the upper right corner it specifically says “Demon Hunter”.

On the left side, you can see my Templar with a full Shadow’s Set equipped. Because there is no Class designation, even though it’s a Demon Hunter Set.

However, I don’t know why you would want to do that. No one benefits from it. Not your Character nor your Follower.

2 Likes