Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

Maxroll has an in-depth PTR 2.7.0 Preview & Initial Thoughts for anyone interested.

If the Followers’ revamp becomes permanent, they’ll have to add Followers’ Skills and Gear to D3 Planner.

Note: I’m not sure if you need to sign up for Discord to access the PTR 2.7.0 Preview & Initial Thoughts above.

2 Likes

Oh I love the idea of the followers revamp. I was always an on and off casual player and I always wanted to customize my followers just as I can customize my characters.

I’m guessing there are no plans to make neutral sets work on followers (besides the emanate thingy)? It would probably be too OP :sweat_smile:

1 Like

All these WD and DHs feeling the nerf pain. At least you could contribute to 4 player metas. That’s more than I can say for wizards. Now you can join us at the “nerd table”.

All our wiz builds got destroyed or were too weak with any previous update… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I am a little concerned about the fact that it does nothing if you are in a group.

For one season, it isn’t about you and the meta. Welcome to the world of solo players.

1 Like

Don’t be in here like you know me. I play 80% solo and the other 20% in a 2 player group. In other seasons the theme has impacted solo and group players end of story.

I don’t push leader boards, I am never running on the high end of things. I’d be lucky to even get to GR90+. I play only for fun and don’t care how the season theme impacts high-end GR pushing and solo ladders.

For me fun is being able to play with friends while being able to use the seasonal theme offerings.

My concern is with the current description of the seasonal theme. I can either play with the seasonal buff or play with a friend. But, not both. I love what they are doing with followers as a person who plays solo.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to say though. Necros are already the most OP class, and they buffed another NECRO set. They could have spent that time buffing Uliana or another monk set to be competitive, or added a piece of gear like a bracer that buffs POJ to a competitive 150 build. Every other class can get to 150 now but the monk. Why work on sets for the 2 highest classes rather than the lowest?

2 Likes

Why some seasonal players talking about getting nothing for S23? U will get reworked follower system, no? This forum is full this kind of toxicity.

Yes, NS players will get it too, but u dont play NS so why u care and cry? News are still there in S23 and its awesome btw.

About nerfs and buffs - i dont care much. Personally i got enough spinning DH’s, i cleard 145 in NS with, if its time to move to other builid as main ill do it and its good for me. How long u wanna spin around? But im not asking for this nerf, i dont like nerf GoD. Just saying i will adjust to builids power no matter what they do, even if things will be strange.

In current game state i liike ANY changes. At least i got something.

But this Patch is 10/10

2 Likes

You won’t believe me but yes, I know people who never play solo except a GR to raise the blood shard limit or for the season journey.

As I said in my last comment: I’m totally ok with the change itself to buff solo play. Much needed, no question. But NOT as season theme. A season theme should be for ALL season players in the same amount.

2 Likes

It never has been before. I doubt it’s even possible. I do know that group players have overwhelmingly benefitted from all season themes to date. Even with no season theme group players will still overwhelmingly benefit from the group mechanics.

The follower changes aren’t a season theme. They are a structural change to mechanics intended to be across the whole game not exclusive to seasons. They’re just being cautious so as not to put something insufficiently tried on the live servers. Having a theme such as season 22 layered over these changes would make it impossible to judge the final result.

2 Likes

Actually they are the seasonal theme and also a permanent addition to the game.

1 Like

Good changes, but would have loved to see more classes being affected. There are so many sets that are poor alternatives to LoD.

Also not sure about forcing us to use 1 skill to make use of a set, seems like a wasted opportunity for so many great skills and play styles.

Also at this point I’d also like to see some kind of XP buff for new seasons, but that’s just me I guess.

Look it’s a floor wax and a dessert topping!
The follower changes are a season theme in the way doing nothing is frenetic activity. Critical thinking has become a lost art.

It’s not about critical thinking. The theme is whatever they tell us it is, because they are the ones making it.

1 Like

Do you think you should always believe everything you’re told without question? 1984 wasn’t a guide for better living.

imo

which does not take a lot of effort but this is the correct direction. groups are stronger then solo players and participating in 1 group at 100 where you’d get carried does not validate the effort or skill of the single player and thus shouldn’t provide the extra bonus of a possible primal item.

actually the way to make the game more fun would be to make all the classes able to perform more equally with all the class sets. one way to do that would be to lower the strength of the best performing ones, strengthening the lowest ones and then do the same to items that are over represented at the bottom/top.

if there is more to chose from with equal outcome then it would be less of the same at the top and more interesting. i would call that fun.

2 Likes

Well, when will PTR be launched?

At some point today. There is no official start time.

Why is there still no ring for monks that make unity useless for solo play?
Why is there nor Rainment change that is so often requested?

It seems to me that no need to limit the piercing count on GoD here reason to limit number of stacks of buff from piercing on two times with current count of pierced targets