Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

They play solo then, even that one GR to raise their blood shard cap is a solo act. The follower season will boost their efforts and get them a higher cap.

As I said, EVERYONE will benefit from the follower update.

Sure, it stinks that they wont get it the entire season, but seasons should be hitting multiple niche’s and be looking for features to add to the game. I think this is the first big step in the right direction that if we are lucky, also sees a paragon rework down the road.

No reason not to work this game as close to perfect in its current setting before entering full maint mode as there are still quite a few people that hop on every single season.

2 Likes

It’s unlikely, but hopefully they forget to toggle some box on the settings and LoN works for followers. Losing Oculus would suck but it would be nice to see them killing stuff at T16 and we’d have reason to improve their gear beyond CDR and main stat.

Wizard?? :thinking: I dont see them doing 150s on NA (non season) with archon, hydra or twister…

Leveling it’s 50mn, doing Gr20 5-10mn, Gr70 was done with 6 parts Set, then follow good stats on normal part and do Gr100.
The problem here, is Paragon > Stuff
So we need xp, and the fast way is group.
Bounties is a lost of time or xp, there no group doing cookies.

Has the PTR Season 23 started yet?

PTR will start sometime today. We do not know when S23 will start.

No. It’s not even 5 AM in California where the server is located so it’ll take many hours before the PTR starts.

It’s 6:48 AM :metal:

Eh, close enough. Couple of hours here and there…

I am thinking it might start early afternoon today. I do not normally mess with the PTR I like to be surprised during the Season. But I will check it out to see the follower configuration.

I’d say it’s minimum of 4-5 hours away. Maybe even more. The PTR has never had any sort of consistent start time.

We’ve had some early and late ptrs start times.

Personally, I always expect late ptrs start times.

Regardless of the start time, I had 2’ of snow over night so I will be inside for a few days. Today is perfect day to start the PTR for me. :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow:

2 Likes

If only someone had made a thread about that yesterday…

5 Likes

Oh come on, really? The game mechanic forces you to play some solo GRs. That’s NOT solo play. I could also say you play in group when using a follower. He is around you and boosts your effort/stats as well. So it’s group play and EVERYONE benefits from group play. Some more (REAL group players) and some very view (“Solo” players with follower). But that would be stupid, wouldn’t it?

For me these are 2 completely different toppics:

1. The gap between Solo and Group play.
    This is not caused by the season themes. It’s caused by the game mechanics itself and I’m really glad for all those solo players out there that finally the first step in the right direction is done. That’s what this patch is trying to improve.

2. The Seasonal theme or the absence of it in Season 23.
    Blizzard itself allways anounced the seasonal theme as “Season of …”
    This time they didn’t because they know exactly this is NOT a theme.

Anyway. I wish you much fun with the upcoming season.

I doubt it will be the same BS wont have the power after the 4th cube slot gone. And other trash killer got nerfed WD. Will prob be nec poison sythe again.

The new follower system is awesome.

But, the followers is just for the single player mode.

As a player who really like playing D3 with my family, friends, and the players who I meet in public rooms, I truly want to have the new follower experience in the multiplayer mode.

Maybe, in the single mode, the player can have three followers at the same time.

In multiplayer mode, each player can have one follower.

Please think about it, I appreciate for that.

What’s funny is the ignorance shown in your statement.

what time does this start on the 25th?

Been hanging out in Bluddsheds stream, one of the community managers went in there cause we were going crazy, most likely late afternoon, no definitive time. Also keep in mind this would be their time zone.