Diablo III Celebrates 10 Years

It is not that difficult to believe that more than 30 million copies were sold in 2015 and by 2022 that number reached 65 million.

4 Likes

Happy 10th! Still love to play this game.

But I’m a little bummed about the celebration. “We’ve decided to keep some end game content and here is some merchandise you can buy to celebrate”.

D3 deserves better :frowning:

4 Likes

They’re adding the most popular “by far” (except double xps) boost to the game many people ask for - Double Bounties, and so many people still complain. Mind, Boggled. I do agree, however, something cosmetic could have been thrown in. Wings, pets, special weapon that is BiS… :grin::+1:

2 Likes

They spoiled us, it’s their fault. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So, is the Echoing Nightmare available/active NOW in non-seasonal, or will this be at the end of Season 26?

I tried running a few rifts in non-seasonal, and none dropped, but considering I’ve gotten more than twice as many Gifts as Petrified Screams in Season, it doesn’t seem like the odds of one dropping are any better…

6 Likes

Positive feedback about the EN? Hahahahaha… double bountys yay, season is already over for me, double bountys wouldn’t get me back.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that all players would only have one character from one region that they play. They are probably talking about a characters across all regions and all accounts.

What I am trying to say is that number could be padded in any way by Blizz. They could use actual characters to make it look like more copies were sold than what we know of. They could be padding it with botters that buy new accounts when they get banned. So that number is not likely accurate.

lol… Hey guys! Thanks so much for 10 years of sticking with Diablo 3! It’s all thanks to YOU, Nephalem! To celebrate, we’d love to take $200 from you!

Okay? How about something FOR us though? How about frequent packs of 10 treasure goblins showing up all over?

How about legendary items having a chance to drop 9 copies of itself (with different rolls).

Hmmm. How about a nice set of wings? Or a pet?

I mean it was pretty obvious that the nightmare should have stayed as a feature, and ohhh wow, double bounty rewards… Most people are deep into the season already where this doesn’t help them at all.

10 years is a long time of commitment. So thanks… I’ll get right on spending $200 to celebrate.

10 Likes

10yr is a big deal…
but only double bounty… underwhelmed…

7 Likes

It’s like opening christmas gift as a child and get socks as loot… also, the double bountys is like the opposite of EN, now people have to decide… bountys or season theme… so bad. Make the bounty bags have 100% chance of containing a Scream.

7 Likes

Not even a Feat of Strength with a pet or banner?
#SadTimes

8 Likes

What a roller-coaster this game. Let’s hope D4 learned something from it.

1 Like

Confirms my theory that the creative generous folks responsible for seasons 24 and 25 got fired.

Double bounties on a season that has nothing worth sticking around for? Wooooo!

EN is now included in NS and all future seasons as is? Ugh. No. It was okay as a first draft, but it is not polished enough to be your final paper. Hard D-.

7 Likes

Blizz’s red headed step child turns 10 and tells the kid “It’s your big tenth birthday!! Let’s celebrate!!!”.

Kid gets all excited thinking “This is it!! Finally get to go to Disneyland!!”. Then kid remembers " Oh crap, forgot my parents are tight wads, plus the love me a lot less than my brothers WOW and OW and my sister SC. Better tone down the expectations and hope for Chuck E. Cheese".

Parent loads the kids in the car. Drives down the street. Tells 10th birthday boy D3, “Don’t worry, you don’t just get a happy meal, you get an ice cream too!!!”.

Don’t get me wrong, I am glad they are still adding things to this game, but for the 10th Anniversary, a recycled piece of content and a recycled buff is incredibly underwhelming for a multi-billion dollar company, especially when you are touting/inferring the 65 million accounts you have sold.

10 Likes

You’re saying that I shouldn’t be a ‘little bummed’ about it because they’re adding Double Bounties for the remainder of the season as a 10 year celebration? That boggles your mind? Alllllrighty then.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Diablo 3 and thanks to the devs for still supporting it!

Echoing Nightmares becoming permanent is definitely nice and I would like to see more of these Evergreen Features / Changes being implemented.

TY!

2 Likes

This season was a big QoL update. It’s carrying over. Speaking of which, time to get over how bad the season theme is. Be happy you can open/close grifts in town without starting; some bad maps were taken out of the rotation & some great ones were added. Plus, free augs forever!

1 Like

Shame we can’t flag the OP for trolling.

5 Likes

Do we have to wait until season’s end to get echoing nightmares on non-season or will it begin sooner than that.

2 Likes

Are Double Bounties for NS too?