Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

They did more work to add in the “modern” part of the multiplayer on the console end. It’s technically the more complete version of the game.

As far as crying goes, that’s not what is happening. People want what was advertised to them. The Diablo 2 experience on all current gen hardware.

I would understand the whole “they cheaped out” argument if they weren’t charging the same price on console as they were on PC. But they are charging the same price on every platform. It makes sense that the features should be the same on every platform.

No one is complaining about how the game runs, which should really be the only difference between the different versions of the game.

As paying customers we should all expect the quality of the game to be the same across the board unless they were charging different prices for the game per platform.

7 Likes

that’s not what open bnet was at all and I don’t think ladder characters will migrate to open.

1 Like

Uh okay. if you don’t think that is what it was then by all means inform me.
And why not, with the fact being that everything being on both ladder and non atm (until the design something new for ladder maybe) why wouldn’t they just migrate. i mean it will just be a fresh closed server for those that want to do a fresh run with nothing until they get their stuff.

So both ladder and non-ladder we’re closed battle net.

Closed battle net is when you connect to a server provided by the developers.

TCP/IP and open battle net both rely on your computer to connect to other players. There you are either opening a port on your end or joining someone else’s game with an open port on their end. It’s a computer to computer connection with no middle man.

1 Like

Yeah tell Sky to F-off. He wears women’s clothing

1 Like

I don’t want anyone to f-off. I want a good clean Diablo 2 experience for us all…

It was a metaphor. I’m saying thank you for your rebuttal to the troll.

1 Like

you might want to learn what a troll is and being rude makes you seem worse

1 Like

Honestly D3 works quite fine on Switch and that hasnt’ been ported by magicians afaik. Tuned down compared to PC/PS/Xbox in terms of textures and effects? Hell sure.
Playable and enjoyable anyway? Hell sure again, even without being the Prom Queen.

2 Likes

Diablo 3 ran fine on consoles in general. The online was bad though

2 Likes

look at the post after your response:

So both ladder and non-ladder we’re closed battle net.

Closed battle net is when you connect to a server provided by the developers.

TCP/IP and open battle net both rely on your computer to connect to other players. There you are either opening a port on your end or joining someone else’s game with an open port on their end. It’s a computer to computer connection with no middle man.

Open bnet was the wild west and where tons of hacked items originated. Blizzard had nothing to do with their storage location.

1 Like

Those were the good ol days.

Because at every investor call, one of the metrics bobby dipstick uses to entice investors is ‘active users’ for every game they manage. This is all tracked through battlenet along with a gluttony of other data points used internally by the bean counters to make decisions that result in more money. Then add in the fact of 100% inhouse forced advertisement of their other products when you use battlenet… just now opening up my battlenet I get crap from WoW, Call of Duty, Hearthstone, and various other games that I don’t care about. Other people do see that, and click, and buy… Battlenet is a money making business, not a feature of its former days like original D2.

Its not about a blanket layer of greed, its a simple follow the money man. Activision is a money making corp that answers to investors and has to constantly grow, often times at the cost of quality.

Plain and simple, they invested a bunch of money into VV and D2R, now they want to track ALL of the things; how many purchase, how many users hourly/daily/weekly/monthly. They want to figure out if the investment was worth the time/resources. They will pull data to determine future changes and investments all with one goal in mind: Spend as little as possible to gain the most amount of profit.

4 Likes

I guess they could add quick chat options and let you choose the 16 you want. Then assign them to L1+DpadUp, L1+dpadleft etc.

WUG
Gib WP
TP TP TP
Greetings!
Give me my gold back
LOL nub
Add more
Nice Scam Bro
Rush me
Yes
No
NG
Trade me
tele plz sorc
BO me
RIP

Theres 16 right there, and now the game is 100% playable. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While I appreciate advices and how-to’s this won’t work really fine imo. I mean, you need to know what the trade is about beforehand (lack of lobbies) and also NG is not leading you to the next game unless you befriend the host and join him/her via friendlist.
Not saying you can’t do. It’s just… bad :neutral_face:

3 Likes

There’re people here that are going to be buying it on both PC and console (a few 20 year veterans here as well) because they’re both enjoyable experiences in their own way.

There are those that only play consoles and giving them access to one of the greatest games of all time is a good thing. Maybe they’ll even purchase a PC version later if they enjoy it. They’ll never understand what made D2 great (for most people) if we give them D2 served as co-op campaign when it’s something else entirely.

I think you should switch to having a vendetta on personal loot. This console hate makes 0 sense to me, and I haven’t owned a console in over 10 years (I experienced the peak of consoles).

Yeah it’s too late for them to put text chat and custom lobbies in the console version for launch, but they should add it in shortly after launch, what they have done so far is good enough in the meantime but not for the long term.

10 Likes

You don’t need to feed the troll I’ve fed him plenty. He just seems to be a very bitter person for no reason.

4 Likes

I’m sorry that I can’t make my points any easier for you to understand, but it seems like you’re selecting fragments of my points because you are in denial of the facts.

2 Likes

I get your points but they dont make any sense from a technical standpoint. Also what points of yours did I miss?

thank you for addressing some console/lobby issues, but you missed the point completely imho. almost no one cares about most of the “rooms” you listed. what we use as players are much different. just look at the lobbys right now on d2. examples. “shako 4 um”, “baal005”, “rush 4 forge”, “HR 4 4O’s”, “drop Junk Here” … THIS is what we want lobbys for… if i wanted to play with randoms, i just jump in a random room and not care… if i want to use the lobby it means that i want something specific. you “Think” text chat isn’t a viable way to communicate, but ive seen many people able to text just as fast on their controller as old guys like me can on this laptop. I wouldn’t mind having to use the already available controller keyboard to type in lobbys, and i seriously doubt anyone wanting lobbys would care either. 99% of “many” d2 players will be farming solo. but they use lobbys for trade, or advancement. random quest rooms are a waste, and voice chat on ps4 is almost as worthless as you can get.

13 Likes