Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

They squandered dev time on creating a broken multiplayer system for three game consoles. If all they did was port what they had on the PC they would of had much more time to fix other bugs and maybe decided if personal loot or free for all loot was good enough.

Actually you know what, they should just add the new and improved multiplayer to PC. Text chat was already broken for most people on PC, might as well just take it out all together.

14 Likes

Did you console criers even read the article? The guy explicitly said what their plan is to launch the game and you still canā€™t be proactive about anything with these types of comments. Youā€™re just airing all your grievances, which is fair, because you bought a console :*)

1 Like
2 Likes

I hope you keep staying you lol.

Also if you read the original post they specified that they had no plans of fixing this particular issue and then they defended it by calling in Modernized.

I do want to clarify that I am glad the PC version is as good as it is now, and I am very happy their is going to be a console version.

In the grand scheme of things this all doesnā€™t matter, itā€™s just a video game. But it is kind of sad that new players who only have a console to play on wont get the full experience because the devs had to program a middle man to create games for them.

Iā€™ll eventually get a new PC because my current one is currently showing its age, but even after I get one and move over to PC I still donā€™t want everyone else to have a lesser experience.

Iā€™m still going to get the game and enjoy it. It just sucks that they hurt the mode I wasted the most time on and then called it ā€œmodernā€ as if it was an upgrade lol

9 Likes

Iā€™m not a console player, but this is my reason for wanting them to fix it, so NEW players can enjoy D2 like we did.

Thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with playing on a controller, some people even find the Diablo experience more enjoyable on console. Weā€™re not asking them to rush this before launch, but just consider fixing it as soon as they can after. They might be following in D3ā€™s footsteps and they donā€™t even realize why its a big deal, because D3 was a co-op campaigh, D2 is anything but that.

8 Likes

Yes, we all want NEW players to enjoy D2 like we did.

With a mouse and keyboard, so they can actually play properly.

I donā€™t have any objection to playing with a controller. Once my character is geared, Iā€™m definitely going to screw around with the controller.

But nobody will find the Diablo experience more enjoyable on console.

4 Likes

Maybe not, but if they just undid the negative changes they made on console it would be pretty close.

They they could add cross platform play without having to worry to much about the disadvantages between platforms. It would be a little closer to you using a PC that can run the game at max specs vs me using the lowest spec PC allowed.

But thatā€™s more of a pipe dream, fixing the online experience in general is at least seems like something thatā€™s a little more doable. Whether they do it or not is yet to be seen.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t hold my breath.

Iā€™m not holding mine much eitherā€¦ Itā€™s what I get for playing on console.

So what do you want them to do about it? Just leave it as is and forget about it?

All weā€™re asking is to let these players be able to trade items by creating trade rooms and chatting. Thatā€™s it.

6 Likes

Hi PezRadar,

Simple question ā†’ If i have the game on PS5 and i want to play classic version ā†’ how can i transfer items between characters if i donā€™t have shared stash and i cannot re-enter specific games to mule on console?

5 Likes

Agreed.

Which btw is why Blizzard need to add mouse/kb support on console.

I believe we would need a source on that one.

1 Like

As interesting as I consider the two big polls on D2R to be, a PC centric streamer poll might not exactly be an accurate source.

7 Likes

What world are you living in? Of course itā€™s PC centric. Did you ever witness the diablo immortal announcement? Diablo 2 has obviously been pc exclusive for its entire lifespan until now.

Nobody said the survey is a 100% accurate representation of all statistics. If anything, its bias further represents the fans who are the backbone of this product, and are the reason the remaster is in development to begin with. You know, the people who are going to spread hype about the game and influence more people to actually buy it.

To put it bluntly, I see the vast majority of console players as uneducated people bumbling their way into the nearest electronics boutique because theyā€™re looking to get scratch guard protection for the game with the coolest box art. The absence of multiplayer game lobbies simply isnā€™t going to drive sales to extinction in this environment. These people cheaped out when they bought their console, so they get a cheap gaming experience. Why is that unacceptable?

1 Like

The poll is pc centric.

That was very much my point too.

Anyway, just saying that it seems likely a significant amount of people will play D2R on console. Or at least would have until Blizzard butchered it.
I might never understand why they would want to play on console, but that is irrelevant.

It isnā€™t. It is merely false.

3 Likes

I think you missed my points entirely. The GAME is PC centric. You canā€™t even control majority of the builds in the game properly with a controller.

The console criers, (a sad minority) will likely crumble and buy the game anyways. Majority of console buyers are so casual they will likely have no idea this was even a feature in the original game, (until their first interactions of the grieving console criers) because otherwise why would they buy the game on console?

It is possible to play with mouse and keyboard on console.
Blizzard should add such support to D2R.

Not sure how that is relevant for what I said.

Oh, btw, some people will play D2R on PC with a controller.

An educated guess (such as mine) would be; to play it on console.

6 Likes

What difference does it make if you play just one single game all the time or several games? I just bought a 27 inch 4k Monitor just for diablo 2 resurrected lol, call me crazy now :D, I donā€™t play many different games and I am happy to play d2r in 2,5k-4k. I donā€™t find it that nuts to buy a new monitor for diablo 2 r, there are plenty of people buying a complete new pc just for the game. People do that every time if there is a game that they like a lot and wants to play it in the best experience they can get.

I understand the issue with ultra wide screens and PvP, but it is sad for the people that donā€™t even play PvP and just bought a new monitor just for the game. Unfortunately, thatā€™s how it is.

1 Like

open/closed. they where terms referring to how games where on the server.

Ladder-closedā€¦ only ladder could play.
Everything else- openā€¦ this includes any mode that isnā€™t ladder.

You could say there was 3 modes of Closed, Open, Offline but it doesnā€™t really matter. the fact is that if its not a closed server and have certain rules to play it then its open.

that is the best way to describe it. Now without the offline MP it is to be seen if there is going to be changes post-launch

1 Like