Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

True. I think they will more than likely make it 20 characters instead of just 18 characters because that seems like it was an intentional addition for the Beta that will most likely transfer over to the D2: R release as even they realize that people use characters for mules/banks. We’ll see though.

2 Likes

How are we supposed to mule in Classic on console without shared stash and the ability to create, perm, and rejoin our own games?

4 Likes

Games still perm like they did in og D2! Worked in the Beta! On PC that is, not sure on consoles! :slight_smile:

Has Open bnet been confirmed? I have seen no mention of it. Just because a feature exists in D2 doesn’t mean it will exist in D2R - Blizzard keeps proving that fact!

2 Likes

do you have confirmation of open bnet? I thought they nixed that as well

I don’t know what you are honestly expecting to happen here. The game barely runs on a brand new PC and the Nintendo switch is a kiddie toy garbage console. Do you think the game designers are magicians or something?

1 Like

If you aren’t asking for free stuff then throw out your garbage console and buck up for a PC so you can have the experience you are crying for. Seems like an easy solution to me.

1 Like

While I am excited for this release, I hope you don’t miss the opportunity to capitalize by at least authorizing official community mod versions of the game as DLC in the future, so the game can continue to support itself.

You’re logic is flawed. The game isn’t free it’s $40 on all platforms.

They promised an authentic Diablo 2 experience but they are failing to deliver on 3/4ths of the platforms they are releasing them on.

Also, from what I’ve played and seen the game runs better on consoles than most PCs right now. It just has a jank online function they are calling modern.

Why would I spend an extra $1000 on a PC when they can’t get the experience right on a $300 - $500 current gen console?

I love Diablo 2, I played it all through high school. Built up some high tier builds, killed billions of cows, slayed Diablo and Baal thousands of times. I know a PC could handle more if built properly, but there is no reason why any console out now cannot handle a 20 year old lobby system.

It’s not even a hard concept to grasp for players. I mean someone with your mental capacity has no issue making or creating lobbies, so I don’t see why the console version needed to be “modernized” for console players.

We all love this game and we probably all want a more robust community enjoying the game. So I don’t understand the shade some PC players throw at the console side of things. We should all want the best experience possible for everyone playing the game.

8 Likes

Why can’t you just increase the maximum length of in-game limitation zones to 21:9 if that’s the only actual reason you’re reducing the aspect ratio? You already said you’re protecting the integrity and that 19:9 is an equal playing field to 16:9. I would at least give someone with ultrawide the option to zoom in so they can lose 10% of their field of view top to bottom and 19:9 can be a cropped 21:9

2 Likes

What about playing diablo 2 on console screams “authentic experience” to you? Do you realize half the builds in the game aren’t even viable with the use of a controller because it’s an inferior control system? Their job as a business that is given x amount of time and money is to create and sell video games. The demographics show console players make up a small percentage of the people buying the game in the first place, so it makes almost no sense at all to expect them to spend the same amount of time and effort on it.

2 Likes

Considering it’s just a computer with a title it can be whatever the devs want it to be.

Then why don’t you just install windows on it

Then I wouldn’t be able to play demons souls. If they weren’t going to make the game right they shouldn’t of made it at all.

1 Like

I thought it was just a computer? You can’t partition your hard drive?

So because it can’t be partitioned it’s not a computer. It’s running the same code on both machines. Diablo 2 is Diablo 2, hell even call of duty has mouse and keyboard support and the same servers the PC has.

Why Diablo 2 doesn’t makes no sense at all.

5 Likes

Then please don’t buy the game and go play call of duty.

2 Likes

Nice talking with you too.

2 Likes

I don’t know why people are giving others a hard time for asking to add in a simple text chat feature and custom titles. Go find something else to argue about like personal loot or something bro, you’re arguing just to argue and its a waste of time.

8 Likes

It’s because we don’t want dev time squandered on developing the console when there’s plenty of other stuff to fix about the game.