Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

I would 100% be down for that. I personally play 4;3 black bars in counter strike so I don’t mind.

1 Like

I really don’t think that this high SoJ numbers will stay. This system was implemented to extract dupes from the game. Yet, in reality it actually increased numbers of dupes instead.

Now that we hopefully will no longer than duped items…what is the purpose of this trigger? I don’t think there are many people during a ladder that will gladly sell their SoJ :smiley:

3 Likes

And there you have it, no wonder why. There really shouldn’t be any commentary for you until you get out of the early 2000s. Let us others enjoy games made this decade with technology that is made to be used.

1 Like

Crazy because I use a asus 144hz and I’m perfectly happy with it. You obviously have no idea what I’m talking about when I mention cs go because resolution in that game is all preference. When playing a game such as Poe or wow or something that requires full screen because of the graphics, I gladly play native.

2 Likes

Sorry you have to include the rest of what I input; “only the edge cases of people using missiles from across the map”

If you recall from the alpha cast range was working in 16:9 aspect ratio window.

1 Like

iZZi, I’m sorry if this is a fad that you play the game at that aspect ratio or something? I grew up playing CS from the early beginning (back in beta). A lot of my buddies played the game and some still do, I have never met anyone or talked to anyone that still plays 4:3 after LCDs were around. The only friends that ever played 4:3 were the ones to adapt after a couple of years and still had CRTs, and even then this was still maybe 2004?

I mean… Like I said, it’s a preference. I’ve played cs from 1.3 and 800x600 was the wave back then. 1280x1024 BB 4:3 or stretched is actually one of the most common resolutions used by the pro players.

Exactly, though as you said it’s a preference…same thing as ultrawide is to us. I have played super UW resolutions for 10+ years with 3 displays back in the day, hooking them together with Eyefinity. It may be foreign to both of us as to how each other plays, but all I’m trying to do is draw a comparison. It would be similar if in CS they FORCED you to only play 16:9 or above and you couldn’t use 4:3. Wouldn’t that kind of irritate you, especially in a game you enjoy?

There is a difference when it’s a brand new game and it doesn’t support something you want, you can just decide not to support it or buy it. A little different when a game you’ve played since the previous one game out (D1 and then D2), loved it through all of the patches, expansion, and later on mods. Got excited it to play on your “preference”, then for now just a little before launch for them to pull the rug from underneath you. Disappointing to say the least.

That’s where I stated earlier that PvP is a last consideration for me. I do not care about it. My suggestion of leaving UW support in SP is all I care about. Even though I still have said and think that 16:9 tick box support in MP would suffice for PvP players or ones that want strict MP PvM games.

Well I respect you for speaking about it like that and I understand your frustration from it but you have to look at the big picture about what it does to the gameplay. I hope they add it for you in single player my man.

Sorry about, looks like I jumped the gun as well.

That’s why I deleted it after I read what you said, my apologies. Def let my emotions get to me. Sorry.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I think I can speak for most of us in that we don’t want our UW to give us an advantage to anything. The extra screen space is just for our preference on how we like to enjoy our games. It’s that extra immersion we get with it. Playing with half of our screen is like if I could only play CS capped at 30fps, would drive me absolutely insane.

These are the times I actually appreciate posting in forums. When you get to a middle ground and understanding from someone else on a different side of an issue.

I always think it’s hard to convey to others your reasons behind what you say and how you say things over text (forums, text messages, etc.). You just don’t have that face to face emotion you can draw from when speaking with someone.

Also did want to edit in that I do understand the gameplay balancing issue that the UW resolution presents. Especially for PvP and even in PvM can be made that argument. Though I still believe some areas are debatable if they are really that much of an advantage or not. (Not saying I can’t be wrong on this, I can be completely wrong).

More referencing someone like me if I were to have a Bowzon in a MP PvM game, killing everything via missile from across the screen would break the AI. However, is it really going to be faster than running to where the monsters are, gather drops at a closer distance? I’d argue that in that scenario I could easily have all my drops picked from me because I wasn’t close enough.

Also I always wondered why I haven’t seen a technical argument on missiles not going past a 16:9 range (maybe there was and I missed it).

2 Likes

excuse me… what???

WHAT???
how the hell are the servers set up???

this is absolutely INSANE.

THIS CAN’T WORK.
are you trying to promote duping?

there are no duped sojs to sell.

the servers don’t work the same way, we cant check to see what ip we are on…
and even if we could, setting up walks would be impossible without duped sojs.

what the actual F.

how the hell do you expect this to work?
the dclone communities died TEN YEARS AGO because we ran out of duped sojs to sell and it was impossible to get a walk together.

now you’re tell me that starting from ZERO duped sojs… you expect the community to sell 75-120 sojs… on a random server… that we cant even see the ip of anymore.

dclone is never going to freaking spawn

11 Likes

I was wondering about this as well. Even selling 1 in a SP game will take a while to do. I think it should be a rare event, but not that rare. Out of a 6 month span I think I found 2 SOJ’s, and that was playing almost every day.

2 Likes

im imppresed. i found 2 in 10 years…

and i still haven’t ever found a wisp

3 Likes

Lolol. I agree though. I was hoping they came up with some other way to spawn him for bnet. Guess not though. Sigh.

4 Likes

My simple suggestion would be to have that black bar space used for HUD elements. Things like the party members/minion icons, the break item icons, the game name and password, the chat boxes, etc. As it was in the beta, those black bars were wasted space.

This would be a solid olive branch for UW owners.

10 Likes

So if there’s going to potentially be hundreds of thousands of players playing NL on a single global realm, do you think its still going to be impossible for this amount of people to spawn uber Diablo?

I don’t know how shared stash works but if people can easily share their anni’s over multiple characters, I feel like its better off being an extremely rare item.

Don’t you think in 6 - 12 months, we’ll have big streamers/reddits organizing Soj selling events? I’m not a hardcore D2 veteran, so feel free to correct me where I’m wrong.

1 Like

This would be ideal, no more checking IPs would be a great thing.

Well, we don’t really know this. Is it literally 75-120 SoJs, globally? if so, how many games does it spawn in? these are things we don’t know.

One thing is for sure, I think the days of hunting and killing Dclone numerous times in 1 day are over.

2 Likes