Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

NP,

If you wont put the time in to support wide-screen I wont support the game.

Ticket has been placed for refund :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with this, 75-120 is way too much if they dont count with duping already.

5 Likes

I suppose it’s good to see you’re at least acknowledging that you’ll “explore making changes”, but it just needs to be done. Text chat is just much more simpler to trade with strangers and this game really relies on community. Also, I never got put into full games. We really need lobbies in console, the game just relies on it. D2 is feeling more like D3 for console players. Keyboard and mouse support should be enabled and optional
the consoles support it

6 Likes

æˆ‘æƒłçŸ„é“modæ”ŻæŒæ”čäșșç‰©æšĄćž‹ć—ïŒŸI want to know if the mod supports can changing character‘s model

2 Likes

I have an idea to fix ultrawide support.

When using a ranged attack show a ground indicator where the aoe is going to be around the mouse. When the mouse goes out of maximum range the ground indicator stays at maximum range. If the spell is used when the mouse is outside of maximum range the spell will cast where the indicator is at max range.

This ground indicator is only usable in the new graphics setting. If you wish that both settings get to use it but not change anything graphically in classic just remove the indicator but keep the maximum limit. It might feel weird at first but people will get used to a spell hitting max range.

edit: I forgot to mention that for other abilities that aren’t aoe just have the spell be cancelled at max range. Remove the projectile. Make it look like its hitting an invisible magic wall.

3 Likes

And how do you fix the “better seeing of where you have to move”?
It is unfair for players that dont see this far

Just zoom in, nothing else would be more fair.

1 Like

They haven’t even released the game. Why would they announce something they clearly haven’t had time to work on. I’m sure they’ve been collecting ideas incase they get the opportunity in the future.

The decision with console and lobbies is the sole (!) reason to why I refunded my copy. I honestly think it’s such a poor decision from Blizzard that I don’t even find the game on console interested anymore.

You’ll end up with the empty feeling just like in Diablo 3, it’s honestly like you haven’t learnt a single thing from it.

10 Likes

If there are hundreds of thousands of players of D2:R and the SoJ thing is game or region wide, I can see organized discords telling the exact times they’re going to have a bunch of people sell. It may end up being easy to know what time you have to be on and in a game in order to get a spawn.

Just look at how servers on Classic WoW organized global buffs. That would have been possible in vanilla, but it just wasn’t done the same way and was an entirely different experience in Classic. People were more informed and more organized. They will be in D2:R as well. That’s something that a lot of people fail to recognize I think. You never capture the exact feeling or experience of the original, no matter how hard you try. You can’t unlearn what you know about the game and you can’t go back into it with a fresh perspective. The other people playing also know more about the game so they’re not all going to be playing like they were in the early 2000s.

If it ends up being more limited in the way oldschool D2 did with specific IP’s, I think it will end up being changed. Encouraging people to have to use out of game tools and repeatedly re-enter games dozens of times to try to all get in the same server will get you a lot of negative feedback pretty quickly.

3 Likes

can you give some Info on what is beeing done in regards to bring back WSG either as it was in the original/alpha or as a official feature so pvp balance doesnt get destroyed?

The fact that the removal of real modding wasn’t accompanied with an announcement that there will be a balanced/updated realm is disappointing. Strongly considering cancelling the preorder.

Yes, all the official modding that D2R brings to the game are great, but the balanced experience on unofficial mods is just far superior, even without the graphical updates. It’s not close.

5 Likes

great choice! lowering the soj count would be flooding the servers with Annies and make them mean much less. Keep it thrilling!

4 Likes

calm down. The Realms were flooded with Annis its about time its rarity is back in line with how rare this absolute endgame item was meant to be. great choice by the devs!

lol TY. It was my old school FPS name

1 Like

This completely misses the mark. The mod community wants to be able to someday play them with updated graphics.

Also, what about the ability to create news skills and classes? If Blizzard cares at all, they will create a robust mod API and enable them with open games. Otherwise it’s just another cash grab from a company with a terrible reputation for serving the customers.

Killing TCP/IP and robust mod support will only push people away.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s disappointing to hear that when the active quest is completed after the lobby is created, it just gets tossed into the free roam matchmaking. No wonder the games felt dead in the beta after people started leaving. If people wanted to do a specific quest that you might be working on, oops, now they can’t join your game because they’re searching for a game working on that quest and yours is only joinable through the free roam option.

If they don’t want to add even a basic lobby system where you can view available games by the hosts ID/X out of 8 players/difficulty then we should at least have the option where the lobby host can set an “active quest” so people can still join that lobby when searching for that quest. It’s honestly baffling that it gets tossed into the free roam matchmaking right after the selected quest is completed.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback it means a lot to at least get an update on all of our concerns. Certainly sounds like a step in the right direction. I hope the team finds a better way of dealing with the 21:9 situation, limiting the range yet keeping the visuals and maybe having a 21:9~ or PvE only flag etc.

1 Like

Indeed.

This could be a UW solution yeah. Game solved in a bit so you can’t see any further than 16:9. You would lose some view at the top/bottom though.

In the end the best solution is if monster AIs could be improved for the added range.

Piracy is wrong so I don’t understand whats wrong with them stopping it.

1 Like

“Don’t let the terrorist win”.
Don’t let piracy ruin your game. Then you already lost.
Fight pirates outside the game, not inside.

2 Likes