Diablo II Resurrected Beta Question/Blizzard Support

You post is good but we got very few infos and its not good.

1 Like

wow was not expecting an italian tom hanks on this thread.

ah yes because those server tests can actually test every weird interaction monkeys do when using the software, actually this is why the position as software tester is already extinct.

/s

Actually… They can. You would be surprised, lol.

but as I like to end most of these situations where something can turn into a pointless argument…
I’m not here to argue with you, just to inform. Do what you will with the information I have provided you.

Woot? D2 is running underneath. There is no way, that drops are messed up, if they don’t change anything about the drop system, is there? How can the stash influence drops or xp gain?

EDIT: nvm, I guess in principle you are right… just seems very unlikely to me, that drops have changed in any way.

Just some bug fix to monster can result in no drop from certain monster for example. in 1.11 when they added uber tristram, it broke Duriel drop and also Fangskin didnt drop anything, even when they didnt touch his drop. It was fixed later.

Also the fix to the old chest glitch has broken some act boss drops, some act bosses were originally meant to drop 7 rather then 6 items.

I am d2 modder myself, trush me you can break a lot with messing with code :smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting! Then I am glad, if I can test Meph’s and Diablo‘s drops extensively in the beta :smiley:

1 Like

i hope there is a pre-load before the test b/c wasting time dling the client while it’s going on will suck.

4 Likes

well i doubt there will be more than act 1 and 2 again.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, i figured as much.

1 Like

I think, the alpha was restricted to these acts, because the other acts were not remastered completely, just as the other classes. At least there are some videos on yt, indicating exactly this. E.g. the holy shied (which looks dope af in D2R) was not displayed correctly and harrogath was visually not existent at all.

Now surely there are other acts and classes are remastered, so I hope and guess, we will see them, although maybe not all of them.

1 Like
3 Likes

Just to make things clearer:
We are talking at least two weekends. Sometime in august and then sometime in September as the open beta?

So weekends means weekends ONLY???
Right? Did I get this right? That’s how they did it on alpha or whatever?

1 Like

there is no official beta release date yet, please be patient and news about the Beta will be out this month. Remember this is a Beta, it is to help the developers during a stress test for MP servers. But there are no official release dates yet, it might be on weekends only. But again it could be a week long, it is up to the developers and the amount of testing that needs to be done for the official release of Diablo II.

A surprising amount of “beta’s aren’t for you” comments in here. I guess some people don’t get the point of a beta. If they wanted to run simulations, they don’t need a to have a beta to run that.

At the end of the day, they advertised open beta access as part of the pre-order bonus. People are now entitled to expect partitipation in said beta and it’s not out of the question to want to know details about it.

8 Likes

Betas… betas never change.

1. Can I keep my progress? No… no, what is wrong with you? When have you ever?
  2. When is beta? Whenever they announce it, as it’s always been. What’s wrong with you?
  3. Beta better not be one weekend! It’s however long they decide is necessary. What’s wrong with you?
  4. Blue never posts and when he does it’s nothing informative. Then let the Blue post when he actually has information to share instead of begging all the time. What’s wrong with you?
13 Likes

are the amazon etc still hideous?

4 Likes

If it is only one weekend that would be great, means there almost nothing wrong with it and we are good to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

I demand it right now, I demand it yesterday and tomorrow my demands will all be different.

3 Likes