Diablo II Resurrected Beta Question/Blizzard Support

Can you seriously just give us a date, I preordered for early access for that reason alone, so it’s pretty lame you cant even give us a date but just have us all waiting around asking the same question over and over again

2 Likes

preordered less than 24 hours ago and hes saying its pretty lame they havent given him a date yet for beta. patience young one.

1 Like

3 days is enough to beta test a game like this… Though they should 4x the exp and drops to really test it to its limit :slight_smile:

Alphas and Betas are not something we’re entitled to. When you purchase a product, you’re entitled to the final product, not the testing phases. Just be patient. You’re not keeping your characters in the Beta and the Beta isn’t for our entertainment, it’s for stress testing their servers so that at launch we may enjoy the game to our heart’s content knowing full well that their servers won’t break as they built the servers up around the workloads during beta testing.

8 Likes

the pre order said early access to beta, so yeah we are entitled to the beta, wtf are you talking about. you sound like a complete shill

7 Likes

Guess what it didn’t say prior to it saying “early access to Beta”. You guessed it, nothing. It might help to read what your country/state’s laws imply when you purchase something.

Anyway, I’m not here to argue, just to inform, have fun and please continue to wait, patiently.

yah, I was gonna buy this game regardless, but I paid for it a month or so ago for the reason it said early access august, I guess i didnt read the fine print about which day in august shame on me, but im sure im not the only who was up 12am PST expecting to click the install button, I wasnt pissed off, But I did how ever expect it the first couple days, but now we are just getting the carrot on a stick msgs from Blizzard, “we will have more information soon” with no actual time frame.

1 Like

There’s no specific time frame because they aren’t ready to give us the beta test client yet. They are still working on it, as indicated by the constant daily updates to it showing on the CDN (Content Distribution Network).

It would be irresponsible of them and look bad on them to promise a date and not meet said date if they somehow couldn’t finish the client before then and furthermore, promising release dates for unfinished products promotes rushing and rushing almost always ends up in a failed product.

4 Likes

also as a Ladder only player, I dont mind playing only for a month, or 2 weeks what ever time frame we get for alpha, I will be having to reset my character every 3-4 months anyways when ladder resets, by choice of course.

The characters that we create for the beta, is there any mention if we are going to be keeping those characters? Or are they being deleted before real launch.

Chances of keeping them are almost zero. Beta chars are usually wiped before release.

That ensures any Beta bugs or issues are not carried over and that all players get the same fresh start on game release day.

Beta really is a Stress Test for the servers and a chance to find bugs, not an early start.

I went light on the Alpha with regard to leveling for the same reason. I focused instead on testing all the things I wanted to test. I knew any time spent would be best used that way when I can’t keep the char.

9 Likes

3 days is enough to get a fully geared sorc
assuming we have access to all acts and difficulties

alpha you didnt really need to go ham because all we could test was act 1 and 2. But if beta is all 5 acts on normal. It would be nice to have more time then the 3 days the alpha had to be able to go over the art assets for each act and the monsters.

1 Like

Thank you for the update and answering :slight_smile: we all appreciate your hard work and the work from Blizzard.

1 Like

EXP and drops are being tested for 20 years now, I think, this doesn’t need any testing. :slight_smile:

And there is no hint, that you won’t play a beta… so everything‘s fine, isn’t it?

To all the people, who thought, the beta would start at august 1st: sorry, but this is really not Blizzard‘s fault. „Beta comes to you in August“ just doesn’t mean, that you can play it on August 1st.

1 Like

Depending on how fast their end is probably would take 15-20 minutes to download 97 Gb. My current connection goes upward of 100MB per second. So approximately 1 GB every 10 seconds.

You are wrong, they are messing with game code, everything has to be tested actualy. You would be suprised how one change can affect other things in diablo 2 code.

Vouch this, being a developer myself.

1 Like

mate wtf?
he’s right. they should allow to download the day before the beta starts. the objective of this beta afaik is to test server side load problems and bugs. You don’t want to waste the beta time downloading the game. and yes tell people when the beta test is to allow more people to test creating more load on the servers. yes it’s not for us but they need us to play the game.

2 Likes

points at my last post

For the record, they don’t actually need us to test. They can artificially inflate their servers to simulate user loads, but for the sake of reality it would be smarter to use us… They know what they’re doing, just be patient.

1 Like