Diablo | BlizzConline Community Feedback Thread

Yeah, honestly speaking, I’m curious about the Rogue’s having something similar to the Arsenal System. So either they should tone down the Rogue a bit, or they should expand the other classes unique systems as well.

Also, I was hoping we’d learn the Druid’s class system. I guess that’ll have to come at a later date, perhaps at a future quarterly update.

1 Like

Loving D2R especially. I hope the developers do end up making some balance changes to skills as I feel certain skills are majorly overpowered. Looking at mods like Project Diablo 2 is a good place to start when looking at balancing skills.

I’d also love to see a bigger inventory or else a separate inventory for charms. (Just a wish, I don’t see this one happening)

Diablo 4 seems to be coming along nicely as well. The Rogue looks cool and the PVP sounds promising.

Also, make D2R cross platform if it isn’t already planned. (I know there is cross save) I want to be able to play with Xbox people while I am playing on PC though.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they take the spirit system idea for the druid :v

I’d be estatic if they did.

Thy already did use the imbue AND the marked enemy system hahaahaha

1 Like

Went back to look a bit on the Rogue class mechanism.
One thing I noticed…
The cooldown only starts after the effect ends! Please be a sign for a more general CD behavior in the game.

Please not
That’s the one bummer for me in that reveal
Too many cooldowns

1 Like

Not sure how CDs only starting after an effect ends would lead to more cooldowns. Only more balanced cooldowns :slight_smile:

They speak a lot about the mobility of the Rogue. Ugh, too mobile tbh. Reminds me of the Demon Hunter, and D3, in a bad way.

Just in general
Oooh, wow, an arrow rain…all 20 seconds…so I guess that will be your all 20 seconds click button
We have talked about it enough xD

Another thing I noticed was that you brought back the “Arcane Enchanted” Elite Affix, but this time as a “Lightning Laser”.

It was briefly shown in one of the clips:

Imgur

I have to say that I personally find rotating lasers just a bit immersion breaking, regardless of them being lightning or arcane.

That is just my personal preference and I don’t know how much else of the community feel about these, but I personally would replace them with something else.

6 Likes

I am a fan of rotating lasers personally :slight_smile:

One more thing that I have to give the D4 devs huge credits for is that Shadow Realm first starts its Cooldown until after its effects have expired, which is a really great feature.

This is such a huge thing for me to see that, because on certain skills it will make it impossible to reach 100% uptime int he first place, which is just great, and I really mean that.

This feature should be expended to other skills as well, like the Barbarian’s Wrath of the Berserker, the Sorc’s Conduit skill and imo also a few other Defensive Skills (e.g. if there is a D4 equivalent to D3’s Ignore Pain, Iron Skin, etc).

Imgur

In return you even can reduce their base cooldown a bit to make up for that, if necessary,

In D3 these skills did not have this feature and it lead to a situation where you could have them active 100% of time (partially due to it being designed this was, partially due to unintended synergies) and it was neither strategic nor satisfying gameplay to just always use them immediately after the cooldown ended.

Only some defensive skills that granted complete immunity had this feature in D3, but to see that this feature making a return in D4 gives me some hope that it could be implemented on other skills like WotB as well, to make a 100% on these skills impossible in the first place- and also to make balancing easier for you devs.

1 Like

General
I watched the opening ceremony and the D4 What’s next. First, I just want to say this makes me proud to be a long time Blizzard and Diablo fan. I remembered playing Lost Vikings, Blackthorne (though only for a bit), Rock & Roll Racing (for weeks), Warcraft I, Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Diablo I, Diablo II, Diablo III. It brought back some good memories. Thanks for that.

Rogue
Now onto D4. I love the Rogue making a comeback. I was really impressed by the presentation and the passion the D4 team radiates. To be honest I was quite nervous when the presentation started with the words “I’m so excited…”.

Gameplay First
The gameplay footage of the Rogue clearly shows “Gameplay First” as the fluid and versatile gameplay is clearly demonstrated. What I would like to see in addition to this action packed gameplay, is also if a Rogue can be used in a more careful, kill from a distance, multishot / lightning fury / just around the corner guided arrow, way.

Assassin
The Rogue is now more of a Rogue and Assassin in one. Shadow Realm, Combo Points and Exploit Weakness impress me. It makes for incredible diverse gameplay. You could even add a Trap and/or Stealth specialization to add another type of gameplay.

Imbue System
The imbue system looks practical, though I don’t know if imbue is the right term for this as the definition is a bit overloaded now with regards to previous Diablo games. If imbue works on the fly you can quickly adapt to any situation by picking the right elemental damage type and effect.
When I saw the poison arrow ground effect it looked cool, but I also kept thinking it cluttered the screen and to me it didn’t have that realistic look that D4 otherwise has.

PVP
I liked the addition of the optional PVP areas. What I would like to see in addition to this is an Arena for 1v1 PVP combat and specific PVP rewards. Also balance will be important in PVP.

Top Notch
Top notch Blizzard and D4 presentation. Loved it. Would like to hear more details about D4 in the future.

I saw this as a player skill I think

Oh yes
Kick shadow realm every 20 seconds
Such gameplay
Much player agency

Rogue item prices just topped the imagined D4 AH haha.

There is no campfire
There is just rogue

They’ve done everything to show as little as possible from D4 and yet D4 hype for us is way bigger than D2R.

1 Like

I don’t know
Even in fluffy stream d2r won by like 1%
While they showed a new class and PvP

Yes, the masses are sure to be on the D2R train. I am surprised it’s only 1% lol. They’ll play the game for a month and be done with it.

I am less hyped by D2R after I saw it - not that it’s done bad (on the contrary), it’s just that there isn’t anything really new there. D2R is just a money project. D4 is the future.

2 Likes