Diablo | BlizzConline Community Feedback Thread

BlizzConline is here and as we share news for Diablo fans, we want to capture your impressions, thoughts, and feedback. Head on over to read more on our recap for all of the coverage from our deep dive panels and more below:

Deep Dive Panel Recap

1 Like

SUGGESTION ABOUT D4 DEX CLASS BALANCE
One thing I have noticed about almost all games that use a traditional dex, int, str rule set is the dex stat is always the most useless one. STR typically gives you damage + hp, INT commonly gives you damage + (some form of magic defense like mana shield or barrier), and dex just gives you some weird stat like dodge or something that is usually objectively worse than the other two stats.
I suggest instead of using something like dodge, make dex stat the TIME stat, which makes sense both thematically and balance-wise. Increasing dex makes your class FASTER - both in action and movement speed and possibly cooldown reduction.
I think this has a good chance at correcting so many dex/str/int mistakes game designers usually make, for example a str class may do bigger hits and a dex class will do more frequent hits which balance out. But while a dex class may lack the full hp bar of a str class, they can pile on the life-gained-per-hit as well as faster life regen from an overall faster time, and has a chance of balancing survivability in many ways better than something like dodge would.
I really hope the design team looks at this approach when they try to correct an age-old design error in dex stats/builds in classic gaming like D1/D2/D3/POE/etc. This makes dex not only a potentially well-balanced stat, but also something that is actually thematically different and interesting instead of just “dodge = damage reduction” which is boring, uninteresting and especially different from something like evasion/dodge mechanics which always end up being terrible.
Thanks for looking at my suggestion and best of luck with D4.

3 Likes

Love d2r.
The shop is a bit messy.
D2r upgrade is more expensive than d2r full…

Will characters be persistent in d2r?
In d2 classic they would be gone after a while…

So, D4 is kinda drowning in the D2R talk, but was that “whats next for D4” panel really all info we will get about D4?
Because that was really not much at all. Less than in a D4 blog post…

A class, PvP and horse armor :frowning:
Yeah, there is a Q&A, and hopefully some interviews. But nothing about game systems, runes, the druids class system, updates on end-game, on whether they have improved the skill tree since it was shown etc. Quite disappointing.

7 Likes

Didn’t really had high hopes but still feel disappointed about lack of D3 stuff. Seems like D3 just got new cosmetics which players would have to purchase for. Disappointment.

I guess there’s still tomorrow to look forward too.

3 Likes

Hello there, new to the forums i would just like to say a couple things to do with Diablo IV.

This is all just my opinion and i would like to voice it to hopefully stop you from destroying Diablo IV like you did with Diablo 3. Some of these things mite be mentioned already and some may not i don’t really have time to ready through everything that you guys have posted about the content and how the game play will be set up.

Auction house was a bad idea of the game and it destroyed the social aspect of joining a game and trading with each other to get the items you need or want.

a few things i miss and i think were a major part of what made Diablo 2 so successful was Rune words and the skill trees (not able to change once points are put in) . These 2 things changed the way the community played the game, lets be honest with power leveling through higher levels it takes like 30 minutes to get max level so skill trees not being changeable is not a big deal… you don’t like your character you create another one and change the build. The fact that you can build your character the way you want and can be unique with so many different types of builds is amazing and keeps people interested to create new characters and explore what different classes have to offer but not be able to change there whole build by just opening there talent tree and clicking different ones. I think that the fact that classic games like Diablo 2 and WoW classic where so popular is the customization aspect of it as well as the fact if you wanted to get end game you have to go with others to complete it. for those of you that like to play by your self go play single player or go play a single player games MMO’s and Games like Diablo should Require people to socialize and work together to defeat end game content or farm items that are required for end game content.

The Social aspect is missing from Today’s WoW Shadowlands ( raid finder ruined people having to join a guild and work together for end game content and Mythic+ is just a joke for me that’s not end game content, the fact you can get better gear from a dungeon with the difficulty level increased then going with 19 other people raiding the big bosses of the story line is stupid) and Diablo 3 ( you can easily finish the game solo and farm max items without having to Repeat the game over and over on higher difficulties that just makes the game repetitive ) because you can do it solo, these are not meant to be solo games!

A lot of people here will disagree with what i am saying but the fact being you want the games to be as good as they were before then revert back and learn what the best aspects of those games were and introduce them into new content.

Antisocial behavior should not be welcome in any online game hence why there is online with other people and single player.

Bring back the need to socialize with other gamer’s to play the difficulty were you have to work with other people.

This is just my input as a long time blizzard fan who was there when Diablo 2 was the most addictive and fun game on PC and when WoW was something that had never been seen before.

3 Likes

No d3 news ?
No d3 season ?

4 Likes

Everything Diablo related was very interesting. The D4 stuff should have been more however (we know D2R should sale, but c’mon, it won’t be THAT outshined).

We are lucky to have the Brom family aboard.

1 Like

so you actually kinda did this :smiley:

pretty cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

One thing that I immediately noticed that I considered worthy giving feedback on was that the Rogue’s Shadow Realm Specialization is giving you an Active Skill, however, it looks like you have to replace one of your other skills for Shadow Realm.

Yeah, Shadow Realm might be a powerful ability, but having to sacrifice one of your other active skills for that does not feel good.

Maybe turn that Specialization into some else that is more passive, maybe even a mix of several things:

• if you have not dealt or taken damage within the last x seconds, enter a shadowy form (stealth) which lasts until 1-2 seconds after you attack or take damage and your first attack deals xx% increased damage.
  • x% chance on attack to summon a Shadow Clone of yourself (that copies your attacks)
  • a permanent Shadow Clone walks by your side and copies your attacks
  • if you fall below xx% maximum health, activate Shadow Realm - can only occur one all x seconds.

I think one or more passive effects (whatever these can be) gained from that specialization would feel better than taking away an active skill slot.

1 Like

im not sure at this point whats a specialization and whats skills
the rogue is so confusing and all over the place xD

All these different systems for one class seems like much more than what the other classes get. Makes me wonder if the sorcs and barbs systems have evolved substantially since they were shown.
The screenshots from blog posts already made the barbs arsenal system seem like it might have changed a lot.

If could feel just fine if only we could have like 8 skills :smiley: But yeah, with 6, it seems like it could get limiting really fast.
Of course, as people have discussed about in regard to a paladin aura system, such special class mechanisms could also just have an extra button outside of the skill bar.

1 Like

yep xD
what is even the class system here? everything we saw? XD
arsenal system in comparison is just like…rogue: “yea…i got that too” xD

I would think/feel that 7 active skill slots per character is fine.

For me personally, 6 feels too little and 8 feels too much.

And maybe there needs to be additional Active Skill Slots for Oskills - but these would only pop up when you have Oskills on your gear. Maybe a maximum of +4 Skill Slots specifically for Oskills. These can be hidden until you get an Oskill.

1 Like

shadow realm is definitely a skill and not a system
like…whats the system about shadow realm? click the button and kill everyone inside
exploit weakness however is another one that i kinda suggested in a way xD

1 Like

Ikr! It’s pretty awesome to see. Although I like their take on it better than my own, as imbuement is certainly an ability that the Rogues in the Diablo Universe use.

That said, they had mentioned something about class quests for the Rogues. Will the rogues be the only ones to have unique class quests, or will the other classes get their own unique class quests as well? I think it’d work out nicely to implement unique class quests for the different classes.

1 Like

right now the rogue has like ALL the class systems, lol xD
seems a bit unbalanced
imbue weapons
combo points
focus marked enemies
arsenal system
xD

1 Like