Diablo 4 will flop without endgame economies and trading

Ye, PVP will be bad. It is bad even in D2. It is bad in every arpg. All normal pvp players go for pvp to PVP-based games like MOBAs. D4 will have “fun pvp areas”, something like “ambush” places, I guess. I think these will be dangerous shortcut places with PKs waiting for you there. So you will have a choice: take longer path but a safe one, or to risk it, running through PVP zone (as devs mentioned, horses will be useful for that). Don’t know if it will work though. If PVP zones will be just some appendices to main world map, they will be as empty as pvp “Church” zone in D3 and PKs will meet their hungry spider death there.

If diablo 4 pvp ends up being badly implemented with barely little added to it as it was with Diablo 3’s brawl, then yes you’re correct that Diablo 4’s pvp will be just as desolated as Diablo 3’s brawl.

No ARPG exists with a good pvp. The very genre just don’t suit PVP.

Imo, it doesn’t need to be good, only far better than Diablo 3 brawl.

1 Like

I think what made it fun in D2 was how unstructured it was. It allowed players to get creative in how they went about it. No need to teleport everyone to a separate realm or anything like that. Also it would be important to have pvp builds be different than pve builds. Maybe even a few items with certain PvP based attributes.

1 Like

That’s actually why I kinda prefer the pvp zones idea over having actual pvp arenas. I would say to implement pvp zones like:

1 Like

You mean broken.

You can dress it up all you want, D2 is a cesspool. Griefers, hackers, dupers, botters, item sellers.

You’re obviously at least one of those 5 archetypes if you want any of D2’s non-restrictions in D4.

1 Like

Unstructured in how it approached pvp. Learn better reading comprehension

1 Like

Its a sound model for them to internalize that black market bruh

This community is more toxic than league lmao.

jsp allows players to trade their items for gold and gold for items. Hardly anyone buys currency to toon up a character, and if they did, so what? Blizzard would get a cut and everyones happy.

blizzards failure to deliver compelling end game content really cuts the legs off of games where an economy helps sustain it for… decades.

the auction house failed because gold is meaningless in diablo. SOJs were currency in game, it’s about liquidity and letting people trade the garbage they find for stuff they need.

If the items all suck there wont be any trading anyway. close this toxic af thread lmao

You people would actually rather farm an item that never drops and you can never push end game content? wtf?

2 Likes

WoW have a more of less good game economy, up and down as the patches and xpack goes, many items can’t be trade, so if D4 take this way then I’m fine with that, what was explain about it on the D4 panel was acceptable.

About money, I would prefer pay for a class, a season, a map, a loot box, a subscription … rather than using my money to buy items, because in the end I pay for entertainment and sadly powering a toon with my wallet isn’t part of it.
Trade isn’t a thrill but a good way create contacts, do we really need an open trade and get the game infested with third parties?

Troll posts like this are the problem. There is nothing wrong with the trading system (as-is) in d3. It was itemization d3 failed at.

there was EVERYTHING wrong with trading in D2. D3’s trading system works for me… for the most part. It might be a little too easy to get the items you need, but to me that’s more a failure of itemization; you NEEDED certain items to play your build, and largely they ended up being given to you. That’s a little too far, but it’s better than the impossibility (of being a legit player) of D2

3 Likes

that rather sounds like a troll post

2 Likes

Yeah, about that.

Finding “sweet loot” didn’t happen much.

1 Like

That’s rich coming from the one who can’t even spell hamburger.

D2 game community is unstructured from top to bottom. My point stands.

Agreed, and quite honestly, that isn’t an exaggeration.

Hey, I played d2 for years and years. It ate far too much of my time. But I hated, HATED, sitting on /trade for hours on end looking for items. On some items, I spent weeks looking for. Some items I never did find.

D3’s trading system works for me, for the most part. It might be a little too easy to get the items you need, but to me that’s more a failure of itemization; you NEEDED certain items to play your build, and largely they ended up being given to you. That’s a little too far, but it’s better than the impossibility (of being a legit player) of D2

Haha, you just reminded me of the time where I’d spent damn near 2 weeks sitting in named trade rooms looking specifically for a socketed staff with added skill bonuses to the Energy Shield skill, socketed Barbarian’s helmet with added skill bonuses to the barbarian shout skills, and a Paladin’s scepter with added bonuses to the Fist of Heaven skill.

While it’s certainly nostalgic, it’s definitely something I wouldn’t plan to repeat now heh.

i guess, people just have different tastes about trading and gameplay in general
i like when everything in the game is actually included in gameplay and not just an interface in the menue
i love searching through a town littered with offline stores in mmos

I’m fine in most part of how the game is now. I agree that it needs improvement to some extent.
However, I can only imagine that Trading and PvP will look like this eventually…

1 Like

Can’t wait :v
No seriously
Gamers are no babies that you have to look after so they will get everything they need and organise the match making for them

1 Like