Diablo 4 - What do you want to hear about?

Knowing my memory , yes your correct.

I would really like to know what the plans are around some of the open world stuff.

They have talked about it a lot but I think there are a few unanswered questions. Just giving a general summary would be nice.

For example, Iā€™d like to know roughly what logic is used to decide what players I will see?
Whatā€™s the limit to player numbers in an area?
Are they going to be roughly my level or maybe the level of the area?
Is there a limit to how many I will see in the open world?
If a player is annoying me can I block them and stop seeing them in the game world?

What about hardcore and PVP? Will the area be like D3 PVP where you resurrect even on HC character or will this be the ultimate risk?

Plans about difficulty!! I am really hoping they have plans for difficulty that are meaningful because in D3 it became a progression system in the end that also horribly split the public lobbies.

Itemization in depth. Like everything that can be gathered, geard what ever. Because at the core this is what the game is about. Grinding for items.

Going off what they said Iā€™m sure the logic is based on area and/or activity.

World bosses having the most visible players, id say 25-40 tops(40 based on WoW 25 based on a number tossed out in a streamer interview I believe I heard).

Towns being the next highest populated areas(10-15 my estimates).

Local events like PvP and camps(5-10).

Open world(1-2).

I too would definitely want to know for sure but they repeatedly say they donā€™t want you to feel as if the world is uninhabited, but at the same time not overly populated. They want to find a balance and only populate areas when and where they make sense.

Can only hope the ignore feature blocks one from seeing someone.

I hope difficulty is purely organic for the campaign. The higher level you become the more more difficult mobs become in terms of numbers of enemies, types of enemies, and so on.
After the campaign I wouldnā€™t mind a world that scales with your gear to some degree. Obviously canā€™t do the mob density thing due to possible interactions with others. Moving on to instanced content, let that fall on the keys and mix in a bit of DI where you can pay a currency to modify the activity ratcheting up the difficulty(randomly, give the players three modifications to select one of for the run). PvP should all be normalized. You enter a field of Hatred, turn on PvP, and all stats and affixes on gear are normalized so it becomes about skill. But thatā€™s me. Iā€™ve forever held the opinion that most Pvpers just want to pwn players with their better gear as opposed to being in an evenly match fight, becasue they know if itā€™s based on skill they would lose most of the time.

1 Like

As someone who wants pvp, Iā€™d be happy to have that.

A new touch up on the UI.
A request of mine would a UI that we can change. All from size and location to how transparent it is.
Another detail I would love to be implemented would be to able to ā€œlockā€ certain stats in order to be able to see how they behave during combat.
Imagine a small pop up we can drag to a comfortable place on screen so that we can see changes in that stat. For instance critical hit or cooldown reaction.
So it would be nice to hear if the devs have thought of such solutiond and how far they have come since the first time they showed us some examples.

• New UI;
  • runeword system (they said there will be some tiers of runes and i hope they will expand numbers of sockets, at least 2-3 on weapons and 4 on armors);
  • paragon-like system (hope itā€™s not gonna be infinite).
1 Like

Yeah, an update pertaining to the runes and runeword would be great. Also, changing sockets so that they donā€™t use up available affix slots on gear would be nice as well.

2 Likes

Next character and some more areas from the gameplay is a given so no doubt itā€™s the ace of the show.

How map randomization works or what it put outs would be nice. Answering questions about endgame of PvP, PvE and trade would be nice too. I wonder about the details about keyed dungeons. I donā€™t know if PvP require some sort of filtering for players in the match making or what restrictions apply in the duel. We still have no idea if story areas are level scaled, or not to target some items.
I only have estimations but I know developers hate that kinda thing, they either exactly allow statistics to fool them or do the exact opposite of what fans expected just to be tricky or unpredictable.

I can ask questions but at the back of my head, thereā€™s always another question of if I asked this in a wrong manner. You may think that your view is original but it never is. Any developer would take it as a grain of salt and has all the rights to ignore it until the time is right.
Bottom line is; does it really matter what weā€™d like to know about the game when time is ā€œnot rightā€? Game is at alpha version, they can shrug off any question, because itā€™s too deep and they wouldnā€™t like to give out any promises they can not hold.

If they did that, development is moving along very fast. Considering we just had the 4th class announcement in February. Bring it Blizzard, letā€™s go. :ok_hand:

I agree, but there are news about an alpha test at consoles already. Perhaps next character reveal will be held until 2022.

There is o new about an alpha test in consoles. D4 was found on the PS servers. Mire than likely for devs to test the stability on those servers. Something they canā€™t do without the game being accessible from there.

Then most likely the new character reveal will be held until '22.

Iā€™m sure it may be in Nov. at Blizzcon.

As mentioned before:

1. Walkthrough of ATK/DEF and how that works, how do Resistances work in conjunction with those (if they are related anyhow)
  2. Druid class - what is the Druidā€™s class feature, how do Attributes for the Druid work (Str in Bear, Dex in Wolf, Int in Human form or something other)
  3. Monster difficulty progression, how do they envision high difficulty or late game mobs ? (any attempts at making inter-family synergies between mobs)
  4. PvP, can players fight at the side of the ā€œtargetā€, what are potential features/limitations to prevent PvP in shard purification zones become a potential clan war
  5. Any information about features like crafting, gambling and similar

they just didnt think this attribute system through at all xD

At least itā€™s better than previous implementations even if not completely thought throughā€¦ But yes, the Druid in that regard is kinda headscratcher :thinking: :smiley:

i wouldnt say D2 attributes were a bad system
just poorly balanced
at least they made sense

IDK, the fact that thereā€™s no Vitality (as direct max HP increase) is a welcome change (at least should) IMO. Even at the cost of lesser intuitiveness Iā€™d say itā€™s worthā€¦ Perhaps not to the ones that want to play the Druid as their main though :stuck_out_tongue:

well thats probably what people dont get and keep jumping on
D2 attributes arent the problem
vitality isnt the problem
the problem is that nothing but vitality has any value post a few breakpoints
you experienced something and you are scared of it without understanding whats the actual problem about it