Diablo 4 Soundtrack

Diablo 1 and 2 had outstanding soundtracks due to the work of Matt Uelmen. Both works truly reflected the spirit, environments and soul of the game. In case they can’t get Uelmen on board for Diablo 4, I would like for Blizzard to get in touch with Composers like Peter Gundry (see albums Goëtia, The Shadows Bride) or Lustmord, whose works, seem to match the kind of style that would fit perfectly into the franchise.

4 Likes

Hopefully, they reach out to Matt Uelmen to compose Diablo 4’s soundtrack. His unique, deep, and eerie compositions are as much responsible for the iconic Diablo atmosphere as any other component of the games.

4 Likes

Marcin Przybyłowicz, Matt Ulemen, and Peter Gundry, with support from the Reaper of Souls team would actually be my ideal music team for Diablo IV.

2 Likes

I would love that, D1 music and sounds were the best.

(Edit): i also liked the music of Nox (video game) by Frank Klepacki (i think).

Matt made even torchlight feel more diabloish than d3.

1 Like

SO many good tunes. I always remember that one (besides all D1 sounds):

Should be inspired by ‘The Call of Ktulu’ by Metallica.

Kinda like the end of that ‘Wilderness’ track on D2.

I liked the track 'Tamoe Highlands’ on D3.

I hate it in D3 when the Orchestra Music gets super loud all of a sudden, have to turn it off.

D4 Soundtrack needs to be good for background ambience except for Cinematics or Boss Fights. Then you can go full orchestra when it comes to Diablo 3.

2023, after open Beta closed:
So who did the soundtrack?