Diablo 4 release date or Early Access?

Any idea on when will D4 release?
Any plans for an Early access?
It will be nice if we can buy the game and give them feedback by playing. This type if game cannot be made in isolation, maybe take an approach like Baldur’s Gate 3 and let the players play and support development.

I am interested to know the hardware specification for this game also.
My current machine is ~4 years old. Knowing the specs of this game will properly guide me in making an upgrade.

1 Like

When they are ready they will make an announcement at Blizzconline/Blizzcon they will not post it on the forum.

4 Likes

Don’t expect the release to happen before late 2023 at earliest. More likely even later.

3 Likes

Or before they have shown 4k gameplay.

There will never be an early access Blizzard. That crap is mostly used by small devs that need money. Blizzard will have their standard alpha/beta testing periods before launch.

1 Like

2022 is looking less and less likely. And already was fairly unlikely.

As for Early Access, please god no.

ive said since start, early 2023 is my bet

if you made a good computer 4 years ago, you will most likely be fine.

Let’s not release D4 until the microchip crisis is over, so new GPUs are possible to get :smiley:
My current GPU is more than fine for D4 I am sure, but a new PC could be nice regardless.

My machine is a i7700hq, 1050ti laptop.
It is not even Win11 capable.

I am thinking of getting either a 5900HX/3060 or a 11800H/3060.
Any thoughts? Delay the purchase?

If you’re planing to upgrade for D4 specifically I would at least wait until they release the recommended specs. You would either save a few bucks or get more bang for them in a year or two.

2 Likes

Yep, there is noway it will be 2022… :confused:

If they stay with the Blizzconline format and keep it in February maybe we will know something in early 2023.

Delaying D4 beyond 2022 will hurt them a lot. The game might never become very popular due to being outdated and having to face severe competition on the gaming market.

Producing an aRPG for 8 years is pure gambling, and in their case - for billions of dollars. Diablo is a popular trademark, but relying only on that won’t make the cut. We aren’t 2000 anymore.

Billions? How much do you think any gaming company spend on development? Because I can guarantee it’s not even close to billions.

D4 is atm vapourware. Ill believe it when it’s released.

You are the Diablo 4 producer I guess?

Most expensive development for a game so far is in the 270 million range, and you’re saying D4 will be at least 8 times that?

Yeah, I’m calling “ain’t gonna happen” on that.

I am saying D4 might not turn out to be the golden fleece they expect if it has the D3 player base atm. And it might if they release a buggy outdated product like D2R.

In order D4 not to become D2R2 they better make an Early Access for it.

No, you said they could lose billions. If it flops the only thing they’ve lost is the cost of development, which by no stretch of the imagination will be billions.