Diablo 4 new class

Continuing the discussion from :star: DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread:

Ninja as a new class. I would love to have a ninja as a class instead of monk. Ninjas are super cool. Ninjas and demons go great together. Ninja is more of mercenary. They don’t have any allegiance to good or evil. Ninjas are there for the monetary gain and getting more powerful. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

I didn’t care as much for the Monk, but I’d personally rather have some kind of holy class again that follows the line of Paladin, Monk, and Crusader.

Though if the inevitable bow/crossbow using class takes notes from Demon Hunter, that’s pretty close to what I imagine a Ninja class would be anyway(just focused primarily on ranged attacks instead of including some melee).

The combination of the monk, crusader, and paladin… the WARPRIEST! The ultimate holy class…

Demon hunter was never as exciting to me as an amazon. Even rogue from d1 was more fun. Demon hunter as a class felt kinda forced.

1 Like

It was trying to be a replacement to both the Amazon and the Assassin, but I do feel like it’s more or less what you would get out of a Ninja class. Plenty of traps and evasive abilities, just with a stronger ranged focus than you might otherwise get.

Personally I’d feel like the game is missing something if we didn’t get another Paladin/Monk/Crusader like class.

Which if we do get that, that leaves only the ranged weapon user left. Any Ninja class that fills that I think will ultimately end up basically just being another Demon Hunter.

a ninja is basically just an assassine, which is still missing anyway
but eastern interpretation of this fighter will probably not happen since this is a more medieval-fantasy setting

2 Likes

What in the world does a Japanese ninja have to do with Diablo lore.

The closest thing we have had to this was the assassin in D2LoD.

How about something new instead of just rehashing the same old classes over and over.

4 Likes

Diablo 1 had samurai item graphics. Grandfather sword was a katana. Some armors looked like Japanese armor. Japanese medieval world could bring potentially cool things to diablo world, including cool looking monsters and structures.

1 Like

それは 確かに 素晴らしい

[20 weebchars]

1 Like

We’ll more than likely see an assassin class rather than a ninja class.

2 Likes

Imo a “Ninja” would be off-putting to me when it comes to immersion.

Perhaps find a synonym for a class name that aligns with “Ninja”.

Mercenary, perhaps? :smile:

well i guess its just assassine, rouge, hunter

I would like a Death Knight class

3 Likes

I wrote about a possible ninja class for some time already, i’ll leave my vision of it to you here in case you didn’t see it already :slight_smile:

I see ninjas as fast and specialized warriors but also great spellcasters. They should be excellent weapon masters but only with their trademark weapons like katanas, sticks, short swords, kunais, and throwing weapons like kunais and shurikens. They should possess also some good martial arts abilities and evasive or illusion skills like clones etc. And also a good amount of elemental spells typical to the ninja’s japanese folklore, maybe even some spirit summoning from their rich folklore.
Trait - Intonjutsu (or Concealment) it’s a ninja special ability after their training to be highly aware of their surroundings and be able to evade physical and spell damage when entering a fight for a short amount of time. Increase their evasion rate by 30% and reduce spell damage by 30%. Extend this bonus by 15% to the allies. It’s active for the first 5 seconds when entering in combat, and resets after 5 seconds of being out of battle.
Energy type - Chakra, is a spiritual and physical energy mastered only by ninjas. It grows by evading attacks or by doing trademark generator magic spells. Out of combat it grows slowly.

1 Like

So you want to be an anti-Paladin who used unholy magic, how would that work in Diablo lore.

It is my understanding that a Death Knight is under the control of some evil source.

Technically necromancer is not very holy either. Chaotic neutral characters are fun too

3 Likes

Necromancers are all about the balance. They are not evil. Death Knights do the will of evil forces. For that to work an evil force would need to control the Death Night to fight the forces of hell. That is a stretch. Also a Death Knight and Paladin could never be in the same party, as they would try to kill each other.

1 Like

My understanding Death Knight is like Thanos. He is not evil, he wants balance.

Just like how Necromancer works…dark magic doesn’t automatically make you an evil guy…also based on WoW lore the new Lich King (aka. Bolvar Fordragon) was not a bad guy , Arthas was…(previous one)… its the intentions that you have…

2 Likes