Diablo 3 Torment 17+ is coming in the Season 23?

This is Diablo 3 Torment Difficulty with beautiful background art.

And this is Diablo Legacy Team’s new artist

So what is the chance that this new artist’s first assignment is to draw and make a new background art for Torment 17~32?

:thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

Same as Urshi’s chance of giving you five gem upgrades at 1% possibility.

29 Likes

Torment 17 is necessary

6 Likes

What is actually necessary is to cut down the number of torments and rescale them.

A simple solution: keep hard, T1, T4, T7, T10, T13 and T16, scrap the rest from between those. Then rename those levels more appropriately and then 1 or 2 aditional levels could be added.

20 Likes

What most people want, I think and believe, is more rewards that would come with t17+.

Difficulty and pushing we can easily get from gr. So that should not be an issue.

With regards to more rewards from normal rifts, other options are thinkable. Even without rescaling them.

It is already recorded what our highest solo gr is. So why not use that to scale rewards up at t16?

Or increase loot with higher gr, more than currently. Including getting DBs from gr. Lose the need for gr keys and done.

Rifts are at t16 only an unrewarding pain in the behind for getting keys and DBs…

4 Likes

Just a reminder, everyone: The highest difficulty outside GRs can’t be pushed too high. The reason can be found in the past.

T6 used to be the highest but couldn’t be farmed efficiently, so we got buffs.
Now T6 was too easy, we then got up T10.
T10 was not efficient to farm, so we got buffs.
Now T10 was too easy, so we got up to T13.
T13 was not efficient to farm, so we got buffs.
Now T13 was too easy, so we got up to T16.
T16 was not efficient to farm, so we got buffs.
Now T16 is too easy…

You see my point here? This stupidity has to stop! I’m fine with some added challenge but if that comes at the cost of farming efficiency and build diversity, things will never change.

Those who don’t remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

29 Likes

Lol, “simple solution”

It’s no different than just adding more. It’s just removing pointless levels from between and renaming the rest.

If higher levels are added, it’s basically zero additional effort to remove useless ones from below. In fact removing is less effort than adding more.

2 Likes

It’s not as though Monsters act differently or gain new abilities with every additional torment tier. They only gain more hp and damage, so yes removing and rescaling would be a more or less simple action. Would it take a bit more work than simply adding more torment difficulties? Sure it would, but if you look at the bigger picture, that extra work would be more than worth it.

I’ll leave it at that, cause I had my fill regarding this topic.

• If Blizzard reduces and rescale existing difficulties while maybe adding 1-2 new ones; then great.
  • If Blizzard simply adds more difficulty, then so be it.
  • If Blizzard doesn’t do anything regarding the torment difficulties, then fine.
3 Likes

You make it sound like a bad thing. It can be a good thing too…
Like, in the past where Blizzard games were guaranteed of excellent quality?
As were patches / expansions.
I am really hoping hoping they do that again with D4…

I must say, they were well underway with D3’s RoS expansion…
Wouldn’t mind them finishing that…

I dont see the connection here. Why does this Diablo 3D artist coming back supposed to hint that there might be more Torment levels? The 3D artist could literally be drawing for anything in D3 right? Is it cause the 3D artist drew the current background of the Torment level selection background?

In any case, I dont support more Torment levels, I support raising the difficulty and rewards on current torment levels instead.

4 Likes

Just add 10x more DB, materials, gems and bounty caches to torment 10 and delete the rest. Easy and simple. :wink:

The engine can’t support any radical changes, so they can’t really subtract anything and replace it with something similar, but different. That’s lines and lines of code that, if deleted, changes other aspects of the code and makes it unplayable. Sad truth, but there it is. They can add code fairly easily up to T32 before the engine spits out integer errors (for numbers past 64-bit max). At this point, one of two things can happen:

1. End of the game.
  2. Using a different number library that would allow them to continue making changes and adding things.

1 is way more likely than 2.

So the solution is give us T32 AND buff us at the same time! Cause… higher is better or something.

Adding more difficulty levels at the cost of build diversity is a bad thing. Being funneled into a handful of builds so I can play with my friends is not a fun way to play games for most people. We already have this issue with GR’s (play the meta or GTFO), no need to extend it to farming.

What they really need is more end game challenges rather than pigeon hole farming. Look at Uber Diablo from a couple of seasons ago. Even on T16, he still rek’t a lot of players. I would rather have them add some challenges like that with some unique rewards, then just tack more difficulties on.

3 Likes

i dont see a need for increased torments. we already have to many torment difficulties.

legendaries drop from the sky like rain in monsoon season on t16 rifts. the fastest way to get souls/upgrades is suppost to be doing 75+ 2-3 minute speed runs, but its not. if you can do t16 fast your not limited to 12 legendaries per rift like with GRs. you could get as few as 3 or more than 20 in the span of 3 minutes. the other materials we collect , i wouldnt mind more but not at the cost of more torments. the materials are fairly balanced as is. end game being as long as it is, you really dont need much except a belt for cain’s destiny (yes i said it again, lol)

if your ultimate goal is to be able to reliably do the highest difficulty in the game solo . then your in for a long journey of a million or more rifts before your even close. the highest paragon people i have ever seen are already doing 250,000 - 300,000 rifts and they are only around 13,000+ paragon. just to hit 10,000 paragon (which used to be considered max level) your usually doing between 140,000-165,000 rifts.

this game intentionally or not was designed to take decades to finish. that is the ultimate goal of all games, replayability.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Well, playing the same character for 1000 hours is not the only way to replayability. In a way, it is just really long “playability”.
As such, for replayability, there is nothing wrong with each character being “quick” to finish. As long as you want to go make new characters.
Which coincidentally also seems like better game design to me.

1 Like

Torment is the only available endgame for casuals;
-Upping it is obsolete,
-Grifts cover the whole competition and challenge fanbase.

Missleading title around a baseless guess, linking a new graphical artist with a difficulty raise, attaching a random screenshot. What the F am I reading?

5 Likes

1 in 3? 20 characters

1 Like