Diablo 2 Resurrected: Ultrawide support removed?

You found an official statement about this?
Could be a temporary unintended beta bug

No offical statement. But we all hope we get one tomorrow.

Keep your crappy attempt to “resurrect” your company.

You promised Ultrawide, you are to stupid to deliver…refund.

3 Likes

I see no reason why Diablo 2 should have removed the ultra-wide functionality. Its not like its a competitive game, having a 21:9 display will not give any advantage over other players in that game.

The Game look incredible in 21:9 indeed as many mention in the comments. I Pre-ordered the game knowing it will have Ultra-wide support. And now im affraid to see it dissapear at the release. Thats very unfortunate to pay for something, and then Blizzard removing feature that helped sell the game to you.

With all respect I will be VERY disapointed in blizzard if that 21:9 support is removed, year 2021 is that time half gamers are playing on ultrawide…

Cheers !

10 Likes

Completely and entirely agree with this, same reasonings as what you said as well.
What worse is the lack of communication about this.

7 Likes

I have put in a request for a refund. This game was promised with Ultrawide Support from it’s release, and it was a part of the technical Alpha. Imagine removing a modern resolution because of a “competitive advantage” for a game that is not competitive. It’s 2021 Blizzard, WAKE UP.

If they decide to remove their head from their asses, I will think about repurchasing it.

10 Likes

I am reserving canceling my preorder up until the day before launch. If there has been no communication and no change by then I will cancel my preorder and get a refund.

7 Likes

Yes Demonly i will do the same. I hope Blizzard does anything. I have some hope left. But not much. ^^

1 Like

That’s a very good point.

They have fully refunded the game for me. For those that also have Ultrawide Monitors, I suggest you do the same and list that as your reason for refunding.

7 Likes

easiest way to solve make pvp games have a toggle for 16:9 boom problem solved

2 Likes

My 21:9 is large enough that it never really bothered me, but I do see the black bars.

I’m sure they will add support, unless it was just something to do with Beta?
Imagine all those that got refunds only to find out it’s added in the final release or shortly after.
Shameful that in 2021 this kind of thing isn’t supported. What an oversight!

3 Likes

Any chance blizzard addresses this change?

2 Likes

I did the same and got my refund already. Lost ultrawide support = refund

2 Likes

What are the chances of them coming up with a solution for this by the weekend? I can’t play it with the black bars.

3 Likes

We would like indeed some feedback from Blizzard, i"m sure they can adjust. I’ve been playing so many years on 800x600 pixel back then now i" just hoping we can play again on something on point. Anyway, that lead me to the point of : why are they supporting 4:3 resolution but are not penalizing 16:9 users? Why it should be 21:9 users thats penalized? 16:9 is becoming less and less popular by the years.

I understand what they did for Overwatch according to PVP reasons, I was still disappointed to see my screen become ugly when I was playing Overwatch and stoped playing because they basically graphically nerfed the game I bought, now i"m afraid they’ll do the same and to lose some money again.

So please Moderator, address this thread to the right guys for the sakes of all players on 21:9 that bought the game to play it on that resolution. Amen

3 Likes

seems that many things will change/be fixed at the official release, so let’s see what happens with this one too.

1 Like

Why do we need multiple posts on the same thing, on the front page? Seems like spam.

They have to do something with the aggro range of monsters if they do ultrawide support.

To solve the problem all skills need a radius of how far they work. For instance the main one, Teleport on Sorc with ultrawide would still be the same maximum distance that is allowed in og D2. If it takes 10 Teleport clicks to get to the Star in Chaos Sanctuary from River of Flame Waypoint in og D2, then it would take the same 10 Teleport clicks to get to the Star in Chaos Sanctuary from River of Flame Waypoint in the highest ultrawide settings in D2: R. This is probably the only win-win situation for ultrawide users and game mechanics of PvP, PvE, and PvM!

1 Like