Diablo 2 Resurrected: Ultrawide support removed?

What is this? Game looks absolutely awful with these blackbars on ultrawide monitors, please tell me this is just a bug, everyone is pointing out that it worked fine in the Technical Alpha.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

51 Likes

I agree dude! My res says 3440x1440 in the graphics menu but black bars are there. Ugh.

15 Likes

Yeah I watched a video on YouTube of a guy playing in ultrawide and it looked incredible. Hopefully it’s simply disabled for the beta and will be available in the full game.

7 Likes

Well, in Overwatch it also used to work until it was purposely removed. I would not be surprised that they did it again. What a shame…

3 Likes

I think that it was even advertised in the trailer for the game that its gonna support ultrawide. This is weird. Hope that thay are gonna explain this asap cut im gonna refund if its only 16:9.

15 Likes

Please bring ultrawide back, at least for SP. I don’t intend to play MP and want to enjoy this in ultrawide. Very disappointed atm.

14 Likes

The black bars must be a bug, right? I pre ordered for ultrawide.

20 Likes

Is this true? Why don’t they do it for all their games then? I mean, technically people playing WoW pvp at 21:9 or 32:9 have some advantage over the people playing at 16:9. Why allow that? Just force all Blizzard gamers to be stuck at 2006 levels of technology, and everyone who likes to spend money to enhance their gaming experience will go play games from other developers who aren’t stuck in the stone age.

Path of Exile just released a pvp mode. Path of Exile supports ultrawides. Absolutely nobody complains about it.

11 Likes

yeah thats true. its looks like sh… on my 32:9 monitor. omg i didn´t even thaught this could happen. RIP Blizzard

10 Likes

Agreed, refunding! undocumented change and this is NOT ultrawide support

8 Likes

Bought the game on pre-order knowing that it had excellent UW support *even for 32:9 and couldn’t believe my eyes yesterday, when I saw soft black bars added on the sides.
Requsted a refund that was refused, apparently a manual review and ticket was needed. I don’t want to get my money back, I really wanted to be able to enjoy the game and play it until the full one was released. Unfortunately for UW with the black bars makes the game unplayable for me, and pretty sure I am not the only one.
Again guess that’s why it’s being said over and over again to not pre-order games - for changes that happen like this overnight.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure when I went into setting in the game that it was locked at one resolution. I am going to assume that other resolutions will be available with the full game

This is so annoying, the alpha was looking beautiful in ultrawide, now the picture is strangely streched to a normal monitor size, it looks horrible on my 21:9.

8 Likes

thats weird I have a 38 inch ultrawide 3840 x 1600 monitor and it works flawlessly

Common Guys. It looks very ugly on my 32:9 screen. Plz give us the ultrawide support.

7 Likes

Thank god! No chance for cheaters.

2 Likes

BOUGHT this exclusively to play single player in ultrawide!!! as advertised!!! Blizzard fix please!!!

10 Likes

I just tried to refund and it won’t let me wtf. I will buy it again when they reenable ultrawide.

3 Likes

If ultrawide is removed im refunding.
Please confirm if this is the case.

11 Likes

Lito yes its removed. I can confirm it.