DH Momentum stacks inconsistently with Calamity Xbow

The new DH set ‘Gears of Dreadlands’ momentum stacks aren’t working correctly when using the Calamity Crossbow. When in town, momentum stacks normally but once you enter a rift (normal or greater) it becomes inconsistent and high stacks become near impossible to maintain.

Please fix this ASAP and thanks for your time,

-Liver

8 Likes

Came to report this issue as well. Using the Calamity Crossbow in my setup. Within rifts holding the primary attack button doesn’t stack Momentum. I have to click, hope that it starts stacking, wait a moment (usually about 1 second or a tick of the buff) then attack again. Repeating the process until it’s at 20 which can take a fair amount of time.

2 Likes

If you’re using Hungering Arrow as your left click then that’s what’s causing the inconsistency. Same thing was happening to me. What I did was put Strafe on right Click and and hungering arrow as my #1 button (or which ever you prefer). Try that your stacks should work correctly.

Still inconsistent for me. Strange enough, your suggestion worked for one entire rift, and now its back to hit or miss and I’ll unfortunately have to put Calamity back in my stash. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I’m using Grenades (a custom setup) however I am using it on left click. I’ll try swapping it. Regardless of what button it’s on, the inconsistency shouldn’t be there.

As a side note, this is happening with both equip and in cube, meaning it has something to do with the interaction between the legendary effect and the 2 piece bonus effect.

2 Likes

Just adding on here for visibility as I’ve run into this as well… This bug was also reported on the PTR forums so I’m sad to see that it made it in to the release.

1 Like

I’m also running into this same bug. Fine with other bows, Calamity just seems to not stack properly in Rifts.

1 Like

It doesn’t have anything to do with leg + set bonus, you’re situation seems to be a coincidence, seeing that I have the same issue without calamity. Sometimes it just doesn’t stack when using Hungering Arror WHILE strafing. Even though the animation actually happen, and an HA shoots, the stacks remain the same and continue to dwindle.

1 Like

I’m having this problem also, super annoying, wish blizzard with fix it soon…

1 Like

Unfortunately, even now I too am having the bug with Calamity.

Sometimes it just doesn’t stack when using Hungering Arror WHILE strafing.

Primary skills fired via Strafe + Set bonus are intended not to add Momentum. You’re supposed to have to stop and fire them manually to build momentum.

1 Like

I am too having the same issue but given this bug has been around for a while, I bet it has been classified low priority. :confused:

No, you just don’t know how bugs are fixed.

You must mean: “how bugs are addressed at Blizzard”. Because no other company fixes bugs like Blizzard. i.e., Ignoring the bugs and their customers for 3 months at a time, then maybe fixing a few of the bugs, and sweeping the rest of them under the carpet.

I don’t know of any other game developer that treats game bugs or their playerbase like blizzard does. Most game developers ask for feedback, and respond to the concerns of their players, and regularly patch bugs.

I understand the issues that might arise from patching the game mid-season, but that is why they need to communicate more.

It is natural for players to expect at least a little communication from Blizz, or acknowledgement that they are aware of the bugs, and what their plans are. Any company that wishes to keep their customers would conduct their business in a way that shows that they value and respect them, unlike Blizzard.

If they would say something like: “We are aware of the issues, and plan to fix them in the next patch”, it would make the discussions on the forums a lot easier, and would set most people’s minds at ease.

For a lot of bugs, they might as well say: “It is not cost efficient for us to track down the cause of the bug, and since it is not gamebreaking, we are not looking into it”.

Either of those would show some honesty on their part, and show that they value and respect their customers. We currently have to wait 3 months to see if they will acknowledge that the bug even exists. That really is just a slap in the face to their customers.

They DO add free content updates every 3 months, and that is very nice, but we do not get a choice to install those updates, so I say that if they break the game that I bought after I paid for it, they should be obligated to fix what they broke, or at the very least, they should be honest with us about it.

3 Likes

Stumbled upon the issue, as well. Tried several different GoD-based builds, only the one with Calamity is having issues.

Noticed that, both in and outside of town, Momentum builds up reliably when there are no mobs around me, and I’m not hitting anyone when shooting Hungering Arrow into an empty area. It immediately goes back to the lottery mode, however, if there’s at least one mob on the screen, so that HA can self-guide onto them. Shooting in the opposite direction doesn’t always help.

The build seems to be interesting, but because I waste too much time cloth-polishing mobs while having zero Momentum, its overall performance is noticeably worse than the standard Dawn + Valla / K’Mar + 9th cubed. A pity.