Kreidershot
Vallas bequest
Spines of seething hatred
Manticore
Calamity
Hellrack
Sword of ill will
Dawn(anything else than cube?)

Hey Lidrach. It’s not perfect, but I’ve found Icy Vein’s Salvage Guide to be pretty handy for situations like this. It’s a list of all the items that are used in any Icy Veins build, so you can Ctrl+F and look for the item, and if it doesn’t appear, odds are it’s not likely to be used in any current build.

Obviously it’s not perfect - your mileage will vary depending on how you feel about Icy Veins. Alternatively, you could do a search on Diablo Fans - make sure you set the parameters to show either relatively recently updated builds, or only search for builds for the most recent patch/season, otherwise you’ll be looking at a lot of outdated builds from 2014 :sweat_smile:

Good luck :blush:

1 Like

Useless or not depends on the build - many of the items listed are needed either as a part of a build (like Holy Point Shot for S6) or in the cube (like Manticore for N6M4 hybrid) depending on rolls…but alas, most are only usable in quirky fun builds.

My 2 cents - if there’s no orange legendary power (ala Fletcher’s Pride) or a completely useless one (Raven’s Wing or Cluckeye) then it’s an insta-soul.

You can always ask here if you want an opinion before salvaging a specific item.

1 Like

For the above that I flagged with an asterisk * meant that they are used for specific builds but the item in question isn’t ideal. For example, while the Wojhanni Assaulter can be used in a Rapid Fire build, the Dawn is generally the preferred weapon if you can get one that is rolled well.

I have also provided a brief reason as to why certain items are good or bad in parenthesis. When I state “too weak” I mean that the skill associated does not have enough damage multipliers to be competitive with current builds (e.g. Chakram does not have enough multipliers to compete with Multishot due to the strength of Yang’s Recurve and Dead Man’s Legacy).

2 Likes

I agree with a lot of things in your list Iria but some of that stuff designated as “salvage” can go well in the cube early in the season or for The Thrill Conquest.

Like on the Asia Server I went for The Thrill even before I completed the first four chapters. Cubed up a LGF with mats from the challenge rift, leveled from 1-70 with that. As soon as I hit 70, I ran a couple of rifts and two Greater Rifts. Got the BoP first, then LoD.

My level 34 shard spend on quivers got me a Spines of Seething hatred, so as soon as I got 25 death’s breath I cubed up a sword and got lucky that Sword of IllWill was the first sword the cube provided.

Got the Haunt ring, Pox Faulds, Nagelring for their procs and equipped those with the SoIW and made proc, chakram, FoK build that completed The Thrill with less than a 100 paragon.

For the longest time the build was better than the UE set I got because I couldn’t get other good legendaries to drop that would go with UE. Eventually I got what I needed but I was running T10 and completed the journey through Destroyer with the LoD build before that happened.

I guess what I’m trying to say is some of that salvage stuff would go just as well in the cube and since you have to put some legendaries in the cube for the season journey, you might as well put some of them in the cube because dispite the multipliers being substandard they’re not completely useless especially early in the season.

That’s just my experience anyway.

True, in the early stages of a season, almost anything can be useful since you don’t have much of anything else. My list was aimed towards the endgame list of weapons to keep/salvage; maybe I should have stated that.

3 Likes

Hey big thank you everyone it is really helpful and I don’t play season anymore got tired of it. I just need space in stash.

1 Like