[DH] Improve Leveling

Just bumping this one again. The first 12 levels are such a slog, since we can barely do damage and there are no AoE or DoT skills.

I say get rid of the challenge rift and Haedrig’s and let’s get back to the Diablo roots of grinding for all your gear. #AllTormentsMatter

I disagree, as there’s nothing to be added to my experience after all these years. Perhaps if I’m coming back to a class I haven’t played in a while, it might be helpful. But to be honest I’m focusing my build and class based on the free gear I want or anything new/changed that might come with the patch.

That said, I can understand the value of starting from 1 for new player and for those who enjoy the experience. I would prefer the option so that everyone can approach the game in the manner they enjoy.

EDIT: And yes, leveling the DH is a real drag.

Players and Community : Please buff DH and WD! They are bad!
Blizzard D3 Devs : Ok guys DH and WD need some love, So let’s tweak Wiz , Necro and Crusader in every patch!

The original idea of reducing the level requirement of The Ninth Cirri’s Satchel is so simple, I wonder why it’s so hard for them to implement.

2 Likes

I posted a guide for that in: Season 22 Solo HC Leveling Start Strategy - Demon Hunter - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

It really depends if you’re doing HC, SC, and if you’re on the PC or console.

For SC on the PC, just run T6 HoA1 traps. This is dependent on how lucky you get with the map layout, and how familiar you are with it. The first 12 levels can take as low as 4 minutes.

For SC on the console, HoA1, but you want to use the fire pits to kill, as the traps don’t work nearly as well. Or you could use the HC approach, which is slightly slower, but vastly more consistent.

For HC, Eternal Woods, then switch to the campaign (yes, the campaign), and use the Mira trick.

This is the first 12 levels in hardcore. It takes me roughly 12-15 minutes, though your mileage may vary:

A full SC run I recorded in roughly 75 minutes, using only Lord Greenstones Fan. (I.e. No legendaries nor ruby in helm).

A full HC run I recorded in roughly 1h50 minutes, using only Lord Greenstones Fan. (I.e. No legendaries nor ruby in helm).

A full SC run on the console I recorded in roughly 1h55m minutes, using only Lord Greenstones Fan. (I.e. No legendaries nor ruby in helm).

SC is fairly consistent for me, both on the PC (roughly 75m) and console (roughly 2h). You’ll notice the console takes far longer, because massacre bonuses work differently there and put you at a significant disadvantage. HC works for me about 7/10 times, and is super scary, unless you’re use to it. I would not suggest doing what I did unless you’re very comfortable running it.

2 Likes

That’s all nice, but I usually get Karlei’s Point. And I will happily invest 10 more minutes and level having some kind of fun, instead of using those cleavers, but I agree, the alternative is there.

With KP however, a HPS is mandatory to have a little sense of progress and blood shards are very rare when leveling. Do you have some tips with that route as well?

I’d like to see some more AoE or DoT skills that are available early on or ease the RNG on getting a very useful quiver early on. I would not mind an HPS at level 12 either. Perhaps that will ease the leveling proces even more than the HA-quiver.

Trying again to get this to pass this patch.

3 Likes

It sure would be nice!

yes would love that change, or even swapping an AoE skill like Chakram to an earlier level unlock.

Again for visibility: reduce the minimum level requirement to 11 for Ninth Cirri Satchel, the Hungering Arrow quiver

1 Like

Considering the changes to Depth Diggers and Bombardier’s Rucksack, there’s still time.

Please, reduce the Level Requirement of The Ninth Cirri’s Satchel to 11.

1 Like

I agree 100%
Please reduce the Level Requirement of The Ninth Cirri’s Satchel to 11

1 Like

If any blue actually reads this:

1 Like

please just start us all off at lvl 70, so the crybabies dont have to do any leveling of the toon they pick to play, go play lost ark

For the nth time:

1 Like

1 Like

Am I playing the same game as most of you? DH 1-70 can be done in 60-70min pretty consistently using massacre bonuses. You are guaranteed a multiplier with lord green stones fan or karleis point. Both are very fast. And you have the luxury of being ranges, so its simple to chain massacres together.

edit: this is for softcore, need to play a little more safe in HC which may add some time.
edit2: didnt realize this post was from 2020, jokes on me

1 Like

@z0uNdz please try leveling a DH with a cubed Ninth Cirri’s Satchel and you’ll see how much smoother the process is compared to FoK or Impale.

1 Like

maybe you missed my point.
leveling dh using FoK or impale is already very smooth can be done around 1 hour solo, and the whole point of this thread was complaining about dh needing a “buff” to make it easier. i’m fine reducing the level req for ninth cirri satchel as well for another option, but it is not really necessary since you can already level 1-70 extremely fast as a dh