Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.3 - Has Ended

Actually, it is not. I’d wager it’s about 9 GRs lower. Way above GR140 level still.

Regardless, it was necessary. Fire Allies was ridiculously OP, the gap to other Allies was huge.

1 Like

Cru fast clear GR relys on fist of the heavens,now Norvald’s Fervor was nerfed,plz buff the KHASSETT’S CORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

1 Like

The damage nerf to fire allies is 10-11GRs, and without the shards that added about another 10GRs (right? more?), you’ll need a lot of paragon points to clear 140 with it now. Wave of light is way better now. It’s a pity, fire-allies were so fun to play. And water still out of control dominating low GRs… :confused:

Assuming the BotLG damage buff is currently 200% x 5 for Fire Allies and the 5x multiplier gets removed, the damage buff goes down to 3 / 11 = 0.2727, little over one quarter. That’s
log (0.2727) / log (1.17) = ~ -8.276
8-9 GRs down. Not 11 GRs.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s not 5x the damage, it’s 5x the bonus damage.
So not as bad, but still too much. According to that other thread, about 4-5GR was right. A lot of the power this season is from the cooldown shards working so well with it.

In general I’m a bit sad that they only look at top GR clears for nerfing, not at balance for speed runs (water inna), support roles (nerf ancient spear and oddyseys end when?) etc.

In line with what has been requested ad nauseam here: [DH] Improve Leveling - #80 by Kitchmann-2504
Please reduce the Level Requirement of The Ninth Cirri’s Satchel to 11

1 Like

Look at the non season boards for a real look at Innas power without the season theme.
There are multiple 150 clears around 6k and some of them are sub 14 minutes. So a 4-5 GR nerf is warranted. Now they will be clearing 145-147 at 6k. Doesn’t seem under powered at all to me. In fact how many builds will actually clear higher then that? Sader got nerfed too so that wont. M

Is it just me? I clicked the link, browser thought about it, and then took me to the Diablo III home page where there’s no PTR article. Was it withdrawn?

Just to be sure, I also checked out…

…and there’s no PTR blog there either.

1 Like

It shows up fine for me.

Then again, the original post did change, so there may be some changes going on (changes with the link, not content of the blog).

1 Like

Weird, yeah, I’m getting the same result. Maybe they forgot something and are updating it?

Well, it’s more like 141-142 at 6k. It definitely won’t be a BAD build, but it’ll be weaker than Marauder Multishot or CA, Monk LOD WOL, Barb Rend, Barb LOD HOTA… basically Inna’s will be about on par with Frenzy or Leapquake.

Do please consider changing charge mechanic for Raekor. People have written about the charge mechanic needing a change.

The link in the OP was…
https://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/blog/23774698
…which fails to locate a page, and redirects to…
https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-gb/

The link you just gave was…
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/23774698/diablo-3-ptr-2-7-3-preview-blog
…and that works, but it’s on a different domain.

My apologies then, I mostly check the news section of the site, so I assumed it was the same here. That was my mistake.

Nerfing BotLG is best scenario and anticipated. Since the reworked BotLG Fire MA has been an outlier within the inna build. 2.7.2 Earth Ally buff already hinted the incoming nerf. While its attack pattern is less concentrated and controllable, its raw base damage make it an alternative option.

While i have waited years for monk to step up onto dps role in meta 4p since static charge and quad gen rgk days, nerfing to fire MA is strongly recommended from a monk main since vanila 2012. I d rather zmk returning than to see such outlier existing personally.

I was just going by what other are saying the nerf is. Some are saying 4-5 levels and others are saying 9-11 levels.

Is there a cap on how difficult an Echoing Nightmare Rift can get or do your characters not die if they are killed in the Rift? Asking for a Hardcore player friend…

+1 for adjusting the FotH multipliers to compensate for the Norvalds nerf. I’m one of those who only plays AoV for FotH and the build really doesn’t need to be nerfed. Quite the opposite.

I have to admit, the first thing I said when I got to the end of set/item reworks was “is that it?”. Was expecting at least one more set rework… namely Necro since their sets absolutely suck and are horrible to play.

About Raekor… is it just me or was there a bit of an oversight with a) not adding in any native DR onto the set and b) the dev’s vision for the rework " We reworked Raekor’s Legacy to give the set its own identity. It felt natural to the team to infuse the charging fantasy of Raekor’s Legacy with the Barbarian’s ranged skills." falls a little short with only a 1000% damage multiplier for Weapon Throw on the set? I cannot see why anyone would want WT in their build.

New game mode is fine… and hopefully it’s integrated into the main game if we enjoy it enough (though I suspect they would get rid of the easy augments part).

As for which class I will go with for S26? I’ll see how the R6 rework goes. Looks interesting and I haven’t played Barb in ages. But I suspect DH M6 will perform quite well in the new game mode.

It’s -8.3 tiers to Fire.

I skimmed the first part about the new GR theme and thought to myself, hey wait - are they making us play CTF? lol

I hope Blizz gives some royalties to The Last Epoc devs for the echo stuff thou.