DH GoD6 I don't think It's clunky PTR

@Maskraider Ah I see you use right click to shoot bola, and have strafe on your keyboard. That’s a good way to play for sure. I prefer strafe on left click, but I’ve tried keyboard as well.

If you have your bola / hungering arrow on left click it feels clunky and hard to stutter step.

FYI I was able to clear GR 100 in 11 minutes in season PTR with 750 paragon.

GR75 is just a starting point for the end game, man. And I possibly managed GR107 with 13 minutes, but I can’t find any competitive advantage of this set compare with Shadow, Unhallowed, or Nat with Cluster.

Just go and take a look the non seasonal solo DH leaderboard - the best records of this set stopped by GR120, while other sets are running +10 levels.

If it gives us ultimate swiftness in lower GRs, that could be a value of this set, but unfortunately, adding current set to the Live environment means nothing but put new cosmetics and decrease overall item farming speed, at least to me.

3 Likes

Yea, you are attempting a speed run, but you can’t keep up your Momentum stacks at all, most of the time you are below 5. So essentially, you aren’t using your generators enough. That’s okay for almost full primal gear at para 750 trying to do a T16 rift, but when it comes to Live and you want to break that T16 to start actually farming, it is going to be clunky as hell.

Also it seems like you don’t notice that you are missing about 80% of your damage, since the Hungering Arrows from Strafe doesn’t pierce, and thus doesn’t get the benefits of the Devouring rune. That should say something about how hard you are low balling the build.

Go do some pushs and becomes a lot more apparent what the problems actually are.

5 Likes

Bola use one more weapon/offhand slots. So I think HA is more powerful. But Bola is fun to watch :slight_smile:
I didn’t utilize Vengeance much due to no Dawn. That is a great damage loss.

I was pretty sure Hunger Arrow shot from Strafe can Pierce, but it is set to strafe proc coefficient.

If they fix the bugs like Hungering Arrow not piercing, increase the duration of the stacks, increase the damage, allow primaries on cast to refresh stacks, and increase the durability of the build, , then yes, it might not end up feeling clunky. Assuming those were fixed, my changes were as follows:

2 Likes

No, Hungering Arrow pierce 100% of the time with the Ninth Cirri Satchel, which causes it to do 5 pierces, or hitting 5 targets. When you launch it from Strafe, it never Pierce. Also Hungering Arrow’s proc coefficient was 0.65 last and that does not affect the pierce chance on the skill it self, and again has no influence on the manually cast skill.

I am not asking for a broken skill, the Bone Armor of the Inarius set ticked 9 times each second which was why it was fixed, and got reduced to 2 times as it was supposed to be. There was never a nerf, only an unintentended bug.

That’s a bug then. This needs to be fixed.

One thing most need to remember is that your example of not the typical legendary rolls you got good gear, So try that with half the dps at T16 and it will not be at all smooth game play. Yeah it badly needs better damage to play well, but also damage reduction. Thanks the video. :slightly_smiling_face:

That last part is not true. Iria and I did a lot of testing on my live stream last night on this.

HA’s from strafing does pierce, but it’s effected by strafes proc coef, which is .25. With this said, the pierces while strafing is no longer guaranteed by the NCS quiver and you’ll see pierces much less often, and when it does, it’s unlikely to see more than 1 pierce due to the proc coef.

Blizzard should really fix that.

1 Like

With Impale and 750 paragons on PTR I am doing already 110 solo easily. Good luck doing that with the new set… it is clunky AND needs a significant damage buff.

7 Likes

Just wish they up the HPS damage from 75-100% to something double that. Also we wanted shadow to be able to use chakram as a pack clearing ability.

Wish there was a dislike button, it doesn’t just need more damage, it needs new mechanics.

I cleared GR100 using 900 Para with Gears/HA, it’s not as bad as a couple wizard set mechanics but it’s the worst DH set and I hate sentries, so that says a lot coming from me.

750 Para should be over 100GR as Altair pointed out, my HC seasonal Impale was over 100 before 750 with mediocre gear, new set maybe is, but barely. Skill? shooting at distance with generator between strafes is skill? I can mostly keep stacks up by spamming Primary Skill while holding Strafe, if things don’t die in one shot anyway, which means it’s not even casual friendly unless you adjust your damage down through bad gear choices or substituting damage. So skill is then calculating how much damage you need to not kill things TOO fast so you can keep momentum stacks up?

And Speed? UE Multishot eats this for breakfast, UE Bolas probably eats this for breakfast. I don’t know about WD and Necro but this is literally the worst channeling ‘speed’ set I’ve used, so hopefully they fix it.

6 Likes

Did you try the Hand XBow that causes Strafe projectiles to pierce? Wonder if it works with that.

I did. It does not work. You can find all of the detailed testings we did in the DH community forums here.

1 Like

How come grenades doesn’t work with this set as it is a primary skill? Certainly no grenade animation strafing.

• 2-Piece Bonus
    • Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per stack of Momentum.
  • 4-Piece Bonus
    • Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While casting Strafe, you move faster per stack of Momentum.
  • 6-Piece Bonus
    • Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage

it is clunky, period. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DESIGN A CHANNELING SKILL just to stop channeling and restack? it just sounds idiotic, why have gems like taeguk then? or channeling shoulders?

9 Likes

Maybe try actual content like 110 or 120 and you will see how clunky the set is and how its in serious need of buffing and reworking

7 Likes

You’re wrong old man.

It’s natalya’s 2.0. It doesn’t need to exist in it’s current iteration.

8 Likes

I think the changes I suggest would allow the set to be multi functional. It would be good as running T16s really fast like at light speed while also giving it a clear play style that isnt just a WW build and is smooth.